***Official March 2021 Thread***

MomOTwins (I have twins too!!) - you're right. I know that they won't be able to add seats. The funny thing is, I'm open to other options. I'm just looking at the same park/resort/date and can't find ANY availability. It's crazy! Although since the seating is so limited, I'm sure it books up fast. In the end, no matter what we need to do, we're at Disney and we won't starve and it won't spoil our trip if we don't eat at a particular place. That's the beauty of DVC. We always know we're coming back again! :-)

It's been forever since I've been during Spring Break. Is the weather similar to around Thanksgiving during this time? Warm, but not unbearably so?

Seems like this was addressed in the recent investor's call. If I remember correctly, they won't be increasing capacity until the vaccination rate increases - like they had to maintain a certain ratio of capacity to vaccines.
Thanks. I heard that the 35% capacity that has been in effect since before the end of 2020 was confirmed on the call but I did not hear their parameters for considering increasing capacity. I do believe that any parameters they are considering are self imposed as Disney was given the green light to proceed with opening as they wished by the state of FL some time ago (and I’m not bashing FL in any way, I’m a resident and just explaining my understanding of their opening plans). Waiting until vaccine rates increase would be prudent and I do hope that’s what they are doing 😊.

Not to be a downer as I feel like capacity comments are all I’ve contributed to this thread 😳. We are looking forward to our first spring break trip and trying to branch our ADRs out to add some new places to our old favorites. This trip we plan to try brunch at Homecoming and lunch at Wine Bar George. What new places are you all trying this trip?

Thanks. I heard that the 35% capacity that has been in effect since before the end of 2020 was confirmed on the call but I did not hear their parameters for considering increasing capacity. I do believe that any parameters they are considering are self imposed as Disney was given the green light to proceed with opening as they wished by the state of FL some time ago (and I’m not bashing FL in any way, I’m a resident and just explaining my understanding of their opening plans). Waiting until vaccine rates increase would be prudent and I do hope that’s what they are doing 😊.

Not to be a downer as I feel like capacity comments are all I’ve contributed to this thread 😳. We are looking forward to our first spring break trip and trying to branch our ADRs out to add some new places to our old favorites. This trip we plan to try brunch at Homecoming and lunch at Wine Bar George. What new places are you all trying this trip?
Yum-we did Sunday brunch at homecomin in December. Best meal of the trip!!!! We will be trying Jaleo as our new place.

Yum-we did Sunday brunch at homecomin in December. Best meal of the trip!!!! We will be trying Jaleo as our new place.
Jaleo has been intriguing to me as well. We love tapas/small plates! We aren’t big shoppers and don’t go to Disney Springs on many of our trips so we have been missing out on some great places I am sure!

Jaleo has been intriguing to me as well. We love tapas/small plates! We aren’t big shoppers and don’t go to Disney Springs on many of our trips so we have been missing out on some great places I am sure!

I haven't been to Jaleo in DS, but have eaten there in DC and it's always wonderful. Jose Andres restaurants are always top notch. I also LOVE Frontera and it's our most coveted reservation when we travel to Chicago, so I would expect nothing less from Rick Bayless.

I haven't been to Jaleo in DS, but have eaten there in DC and it's always wonderful. Jose Andres restaurants are always top notch. I also LOVE Frontera and it's our most coveted reservation when we travel to Chicago, so I would expect nothing less from Rick Bayless.
We go to Chicago quite a bit as my son goes to college there, but we haven’t tried Frontera yet. We will need to hit it up next time we go.

My daughter and I are going on a girl's only trip March 21-25, staying at the Contemporary. It's our first March trip and first time at the Contemporary, although both of us have been to WDW many times.

My daughter is a 9th grade English teacher and she is getting her Master's degree. I have been caring for my 93 year old dad with dementia while also working full time building online high school courses.

We are heading to WDW during our Spring Break to have fun and forget about life for a few days!

Got you added to the list. You will be there the same week I'm there for our girls trip.

I may as well delurk. I'm going with my 19yo son he first week of March (arriving 2/28, leaving 3/6, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. He's taking a break from college because remote learning was not working for him. We've both been vaccinated because his brother receives in-home services (his brother thinks Disney is boring, so it's just the two of us). The only time he was there was around 2012 and I was last there in 2014, but we've both been to Disneyland several times.

I'm near Jefferson City.
Went to college at Mizzou so visited Jeff City a bunch. Lovely area!

Hey Midwesterner neighbors! I'm in Iowa. :wave2:
My kids have off for SB 3/12-3/19. (We go 3/14-3/21)

I wont pack until the day before. Last year I just felt off about our trip and hadn't packed at all when Disney announced the closing. (We were to fly the next day) My poor DD25 had all her bags packed, so had to unpack. :sad:

Still haven't told my crew about snagging a TPV @ BLT finally with an AP discount. 🤫 They'll be so surprised. So excited to see the castle every night before going to sleep, and every morning when we wake up. 😍🥳🎂🎈🎉
Oooh, you will love it! Nothing beats seeing the castle lit up at night from your window.

Born and raised in Wildwood. Lafayette High School :)
Small world! We almost bought a house in Wildwood but wanted a shorter commute. Kicking myself of course now that my job went to work from home!

MomOTwins (I have twins too!!) - you're right. I know that they won't be able to add seats. The funny thing is, I'm open to other options. I'm just looking at the same park/resort/date and can't find ANY availability. It's crazy! Although since the seating is so limited, I'm sure it books up fast. In the end, no matter what we need to do, we're at Disney and we won't starve and it won't spoil our trip if we don't eat at a particular place. That's the beauty of DVC. We always know we're coming back again! :-)

It's been forever since I've been during Spring Break. Is the weather similar to around Thanksgiving during this time? Warm, but not unbearably so?
Could be mildly chilly one day and warm the next, sort of a mixed bag in March.
I wonder, try experimenting with slightly different dining times when you search. The app/website has been glitchy with me where I search for 6pm and 7pm and nothing comes up, but then search for 6:30 and a ton of stuff is available.

my wife always forgets to pack a hoodie so she can get a new one every trip
Oh wow, why did I never think of this? Your wife is a genius. I’ve always wanted one of those knit sweaters in the Norway gift shop 🤩

We lived in the DC area many years and love Jose Andres restaurants. Food is incredible and he’s also an amazing person.

What new places are you all trying this trip?
We're doing Beaches and Cream for the first time ever! I'm so excited for some yummy ice cream. We're also headed back to Sci-Fi, which I've been to before, but it will be my kids' first visit. I'm also looking forward to trying some of the new food and snacks in Galaxy's Edge. (Clearly, we're aiming for kid palates, so we'll have to hold off on the fancier dining options until my 4 year old DS eats more than 2 bites of his meal.)
He's taking a break from college because remote learning was not working for him.
I teach college English, and I wish more of my students were this self aware. Online learning can be a great option--both now and in non-pandemic times--but it takes a completely different skill set to succeed than a traditional face to face class. Yet, many of my students think the experiences are going to be the same, which they can't be no matter how many lectures I record or virtual office hours I hold. It isn't to say that one is inherently better than the other, just that each modality serves a different population more effectively.

I hope that colleges and universities can safely reopen sooner rather than later. While I like the flexibility of online classes, I do miss making those deeper in-person relationships with my students. We're still hearing rumors that we might be teaching online into the fall, which doesn't surprise me. I'm hoping for a 2022 school year that looks more like normal!

There's a meme I send my husband before every trip we take:
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who pack for vacation a week early, and those who realize they need to do laundry the morning of the trip. And they marry each other" 🤣
100000% true for us.
I have most of mine & my daughter's clothes pulled in our extra room. He still says he needs to "maybe buy shorts" and we leave in a week 🤦🏻‍♀️

Yes! Quick service can still be an amazing experience! Honestly Casey’s Corner, Sleepy Hollow or a corn dog have been the funnest experience for us!

We go to Chicago quite a bit as my son goes to college there, but we haven’t tried Frontera yet. We will need to hit it up next time we go.

Not sure of the dining situation in downtown Chicago with everything but hopefully all the restaurants are able to host people in person soon. Frontera's Saturday brunch is the BEST thing ever if you do go - and make reservations 60 days in advance (like Disney as they go FAST). We also really love Beatrix for brunch, RPM Italian, and the pizza inside Eataly. DH's sister & family live downtown so when we go and while it's great to see them, getting to go to so many wonderful restaurants is a good motivator for me :rotfl2:

We lived in the DC area many years and love Jose Andres restaurants. Food is incredible and he’s also an amazing person.

ALL of Jose Andres's places are SO good but it's better.

If you can't tell, I'm a bit of a foodie. I worked in DC from 2005 to 2010 and DH (used) to travel back often for work (and I would tag along) My very favorite is Oyamel down in Penn Quarter. I knew I was going too often (every trip) when I had to explain to the lunch time maitre d that I no longer lived in DC

AS TO PACKING....

I used to travel about 200 days a year and could pack in a moment's notice (basically, I left a suitcase partially packed all the time). On my last trip in Jan, I packed the night before and had to play the "what do I need to pull out to make it less than 50 lbs" game. I am determined not to do that this time because it stressed me out so much, so my goal is to be packed two days before. Especially since I'm basically just retaking all the clothes I took last month.

Not sure of the dining situation in downtown Chicago with everything but hopefully all the restaurants are able to host people in person soon. Frontera's Saturday brunch is the BEST thing ever if you do go - and make reservations 60 days in advance (like Disney as they go FAST). We also really love Beatrix for brunch, RPM Italian, and the pizza inside Eataly. DH's sister & family live downtown so when we go and while it's great to see them, getting to go to so many wonderful restaurants is a good motivator for me :rotfl2:

ALL of Jose Andres's places are SO good but it's better.

If you can't tell, I'm a bit of a foodie. I worked in DC from 2005 to 2010 and DH (used) to travel back often for work (and I would tag along) My very favorite is Oyamel down in Penn Quarter. I knew I was going too often (every trip) when I had to explain to the lunch time maitre d that I no longer lived in DC
Do you have any idea if the Disney Springs menu for Jaleo is scaled back? When I pull up the menu online the header for the pdf says “limited menu”

Do you have any idea if the Disney Springs menu for Jaleo is scaled back? When I pull up the menu online the header for the pdf says “limited menu”

The menu is scaled back from the NORM but not super scaled back. Looks as if their best dishes are there still.

There's a meme I send my husband before every trip we take:
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who pack for vacation a week early, and those who realize they need to do laundry the morning of the trip. And they marry each other" 🤣
This is DH and I too, to an extent. I'll be fully packed for myself and the kids at least 2 weeks in advance. 2-3 days before is when he'll START to think about packing. His line is always... "we're going to FL, not a 3rd world country, if I forget something I'll just buy it". :sad2:

I'm a bit stressed about packing and leaving for the trip because we are hosting a joint 75th birthday party for my mother in law/aunt the night before we have an 8:00 am flight. Catered, decorations, clean up, AND overnight guests. I will be SO happy once on that plane!

I'm a bit stressed about packing and leaving for the trip because we are hosting a joint 75th birthday party for my mother in law/aunt the night before we have an 8:00 am flight. Catered, decorations, clean up, AND overnight guests. I will be SO happy once on that plane!
Wow - you are brave!! I'd be more than a bit stressed :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter