Official May 2009 Thread....The wait is on!!

Checked in to the resort Saturday Morning - room not ready - that was ok tho we hit Hollywood and it was packed - we finally hung out there long enough to be able to head to the resort and get our room. We walked into our room at Trinidad (new priate themed room) and all we can say is WOW! The room is way cool!

I have to say - I am ready for the vacation to be over - my son and husband are taking the magic out of it for me. They are stressing me out!!! I know i need to just breath but for petes sakes i want to do more then hang at the room or the pool. lol that is all for now!

Checked in to the resort Saturday Morning - room not ready - that was ok tho we hit Hollywood and it was packed - we finally hung out there long enough to be able to head to the resort and get our room. We walked into our room at Trinidad (new priate themed room) and all we can say is WOW! The room is way cool!

I have to say - I am ready for the vacation to be over - my son and husband are taking the magic out of it for me. They are stressing me out!!! I know i need to just breath but for petes sakes i want to do more then hang at the room or the pool. lol that is all for now!

would you like to sedn them with my DH and DD? I saw no parades, no fireworks, no Illuminations. We did no early entry, shut down no parks, left with six fast passes not used (by us) and birthday fast passes not used.
I will admit that they were sick so I didn't expect them to go full steam but seriously! I may go by myself next time and tell them I am working out of town!

For those of you that haven't left yet, I suggest you bring a warm sweater or light jacket. I found the rain tobe exceptionally cold. So, if you got wet (and everything I woned got very wet last week!) you stayed cold even under the poncho. Also, it's nice if you have an extra poncho just in case. Many of the gift stores ran out of ponchos and umbrellas. Enjoy your vacations.

would you like to sedn them with my DH and DD? I saw no parades, no fireworks, no Illuminations. We did no early entry, shut down no parks, left with six fast passes not used (by us) and birthday fast passes not used.
I will admit that they were sick so I didn't expect them to go full steam but seriously! I may go by myself next time and tell them I am working out of town!

Girl you let me know a head of time for me to save some money and I would totally go with you and leave the DH and DS at home!:goodvibes I have to say that the 1 time we did use the extra magic hours was friday at magic kingdom and it was well worth it - even if we did not make till it closed!

it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WERE THERE!!! (May 16-24)

Our vacation was the worst one ever. We had to end it two days early when we got the news that my grandfather was in the hospital. He ultimately died on Tuesday.

We had fun, minus the rain but now this will be the vacation that we went on when grandpa passed away.

On a bright note, I got my husband to agree to a birthday trip in February for a long weekend.

Girl you let me know a head of time for me to save some money and I would totally go with you and leave the DH and DS at home!:goodvibes I have to say that the 1 time we did use the extra magic hours was friday at magic kingdom and it was well worth it - even if we did not make till it closed!

You are on! Where in MO do you live? My aunt is in Springfield. How long will it take you to save the money to go for just a few days? Are you talking about a few months from now or longer?

You are on! Where in MO do you live? My aunt is in Springfield. How long will it take you to save the money to go for just a few days? Are you talking about a few months from now or longer?

I am on the other side of the state from your Grandma - along the Missisippi - not sure how long it will take me to save money - a while I know - took me a year and 1/2 to save up for this one last week. Do you plan on going soon?

if you have yahoo chat add me - schaeferfamilyof3@yahoo.com

I am on the other side of the state from your Grandma - along the Missisippi - not sure how long it will take me to save money - a while I know - took me a year and 1/2 to save up for this one last week. Do you plan on going soon?

if you have yahoo chat add me - schaeferfamilyof3@yahoo.com

Yes, I do have yahoo. Will add you. My DS lives on the Mississippi River in Mississippi :-)lmao:). Has possession of my two darling granddaughters, darn it!
I am always ready for a trip. you start saving; I'll start saving and we will work out the details later. We plan on going in December as a family. Our anniversiary (#38) is November 26 but that is Thanksgiving and I host it at my house (35-40 or so people) so we will go the following week to celebrate. I doubt I go before then, but could be talked into it. Husband is very cooperative. Going to DL in February (son and family has a conference there and has invited us to accompany them with the granddaughters). So you are looking at Spring or Summer or next fall. As you can see, I just like to go!

it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WERE THERE!!! (May 16-24)

Our vacation was the worst one ever. We had to end it two days early when we got the news that my grandfather was in the hospital. He ultimately died on Tuesday.

We had fun, minus the rain but now this will be the vacation that we went on when grandpa passed away.

On a bright note, I got my husband to agree to a birthday trip in February for a long weekend.

You will love it in Feb. I went for my birthday last year and it was super! Lines were fine, weather fine, manageable crowds (and we went the weekend just before President's day and came home that Sunday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter