***Official May 2023 Thread***

Anyone else building droids or lightsabers? I was curious to see if those experiences were still available for our dates, and they are! Have enough people already done them that the demand has gone down? Or maybe the price hikes are working and people are deciding not to do it. We haven't been to GE yet, so that is why we are building all the things this time.
My sons did it back in 2021, but that's when they were still limiting capacity. They really enjoyed it!

I would suggest you do it toward the end of your trip or you end up with constant lightsaber battles in your hotel room!

2021-05-23 21.29.56.jpg

Anyone else building droids or lightsabers? I was curious to see if those experiences were still available for our dates, and they are! Have enough people already done them that the demand has gone down? Or maybe the price hikes are working and people are deciding not to do it. We haven't been to GE yet, so that is why we are building all the things this time.
We are doing droids and sabers on my birthday and had our choice of times, and that’s the day after Memorial Day even. Availability is wide open nowadays. Even looking now for our dates I see tons of slots.

Kinda same deal with Oga's, I had to fight to get a reservation for it in November '21, but there is still availability throughout Memorial Day weekend now. Even I am kind of debating whether we really need to go again. It was cool, but we'll be limiting indoor dining a little more this time and I question whether we really need to drop another $50+ $70+ on space themed drinks for four.

Kinda same deal with Oga's, I had to fight to get a reservation for it in November '21, but there is still availability throughout Memorial Day weekend now. Even I am kind of debating whether we really need to go again. It was cool, but we'll be limiting indoor dining a little more this time and I question whether we really need to drop another $50+ $70+ on space themed drinks for four.
Yeah I am a HUGE Star Wars fan, but it was one and done for me after being crammed into a booth with two other parties.

I’ll be back in WDW tomorrow!!!

I did the lightsaber build last July and really enjoyed the experience. I’m actually going to hit up Dok Ondar’s this trip and see if they have any “spare parts” from the new saber pieces they released so I can customize mine further.

Did our first day in MK today! We hit Peter Pan's Flight, Winnie the Pooh, Under the Sea during early theme park entry and then grabbed LLs for Jungle Cruise, meeting Mickey, meeting Rapunzel/Tiana, and It's a Small World. Did standby in between with Mad Tea Party, Dumbo, PhilharMagic, Riverboat, and the Carousel. Lunch at Columbia Harbor House and dinner at Crystal Palace--both wonderful and really pleasantly surprised by the food at Crystal Palace. Honestly? It's tough to imagine it going better. My newly 5 year old is having the time of her life. We're off to EPCOT tomorrow, then AK, and have one more MK day at the end of the week, where we'll hit a few things we missed and do any repeat favorites. Now to pop some ibuprofen for my feet and do it all again.

My problem is I order all kinds of themed stuff in preparation:
2 tumblers
4 shirts
Vera Bradley large tote, crossbody, and backpack
Igloo Mickey & Friends cooler
Daisy Duck visor
Minnie crocs

I won't have any $ for actual souvenirs 😂
Same. Just got a new Minnie water bottle, a new Mickey T and earrings and found a pack of two Minnie scrunches on Amazon for $7 that are coming tomorrow. We leave Saturday. I’ve also packed a Vera wristlet, cross body plus a Fanny pack just in case.

We heading to WDW in 1.5 weeks :cheer2: We're heading to MK on a Wednesday. How early do you think we need to go to stake out a decent spot for the HEA fireworks? Last time we went, we splurged on the HEA dessert party but with having to pay for Genie+ and ILLs now, we can't afford to do that again this time :(

We heading to WDW in 1.5 weeks :cheer2: We're heading to MK on a Wednesday. How early do you think we need to go to stake out a decent spot for the HEA fireworks? Last time we went, we splurged on the HEA dessert party but with having to pay for Genie+ and ILLs now, we can't afford to do that again this time :(
I can’t convince hubby to let me buy Genie+ or LL.

They have shops in Florida don’t sweat it. I even forgot my meds once and CVS was able to fill a weeks worth for me.
It’s not so much the tangible things it’s more like thinking I’ll forget our insurance cards or the house rental contract or something like that…even had a couple nightmares that I forgot to check us in for our flight lol…I’ll be very happy when I’m on the plane finally 🤣

It’s not so much the tangible things it’s more like thinking I’ll forget our insurance cards or the house rental contract or something like that…even had a couple nightmares that I forgot to check us in for our flight lol…I’ll be very happy when I’m on the plane finally 🤣
We are big fans of the britcom Absolutely Fabulous and we always joke about the episode where Edina was going to France or Morocco or something and 10 seconds after leaving the house she burst back in yelling "TICKETS, MONEY, PASSPORT!!" :rotfl2: Always scared that will be us, and it doesn't help that both of us are honest to god diagnosed OCD so we check things 19 thousand times...I actually love traveling, even the parts many find stressful like the airport etc, but sometimes the anxiety is a lot!

I just gave our flight info to our TA so she can book our transportation with Tiffany Town Car so I have literally nothing left to do now. Normally we wouldn't splurge like that and just take a Lyft to the resort since it's just us two and our luggage but I have seen what surge pricing looks like on those MCO-Disney trips on holiday weekends and I don't want to cope with sticker shock. I like to have as much prepaid as possible. Plus it will end up working out better since it will save us Instacart fees, instead of our usual delivery to the resort we will just order our groceries for curbside pickup and use the car service grocery stop to pick it up ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter