"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Are there any identifying markers to pinpoint where the treat stations are located? I recall that for MNSSHP there were large orange balloons that you could see from afar to indicate the treat stations.Anything similar for the Christmas party?

Thank You

I have a couple of questions about my plan. First of all, we plan to do FP 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30 with our 5:30 being at 7DMT. If we get to 7DMT at 5:30, Touring Plans shows us finishing around 5:45 and i plan to line up for the 7 Dwarfs from there. If we do this, and about what time could we possibly see them? I'm hoping to line up for Snow White by 7 and then have time to line up to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which is at 8:15. I am seeing different times for 7 Dwarfs, so I am hoping the 6:20 one is closer to when they come out than 7:00! We are dressing up as Snow White and Grumpy so I really want to see them but if we have to line up at 5:30 and they don't come out until 7 now, that seems like so much time wasted!
Also, is watching Frozen Holiday Wish and Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration from the Partner's Statue realistic or will this area be packed if we don't stake it out an hour in advance, and if so what is a good backup plan? I have seen recommendations for this area. Which one is better viewing for Holiday Wishes- The Plaza Garden area or Casey's Corner area? I have seen recommendations for both of these as well. Is there a place where we don't have to move and could watch Holiday Wishes, Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration, and then the Parade or is it best to move for each? Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
What kind of food cart is it? Sounds like a nice spot to watch from!

To be quite honest, I'm not sure. That being said, Main Street to end, turn left. First food cart on left hand side. Look for tape in triangular pattern, wrought iron fence and flagpole will be at your back as you face the parade.

I have a couple of questions about my plan. First of all, we plan to do FP 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30 with our 5:30 being at 7DMT. If we get there at 5:30, Touring Plans shows us finishing around 5:45 and i plan to line up for the 7 Dwarves from there. If we do this, and about what time could we possibly see them? I'm hoping to line up for Snow White by 7 and then have time to line up to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which is at 8:15. I am seeing different times for 7 Dwarfs, so I am hoping the 6:20 one is closer to when they come out than 7:00! We are dressing up as Snow White and Grumpy so I really want to see them but if we have to line up at 5:30 and they don't come out until 7 now, that seems like so much time wasted!
Also, is watching Frozen Holiday Wish and Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration from the Partner's Statue realistic or will this area be packed if we don't stake it out an hour in advance, and if so what is a good backup plan? I have seen recommendations for this area. Which one is better viewing for Holiday Wishes- The Plaza Garden area or Casey's Corner area? I have seen recommendations for both of these as well. Is there a place where we don't have to move and could watch Holiday Wishes, Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration, and then the Parade or is it best to move for each? Thanks for the advice!

One thing I noticed in watching Frozen from the statue location was that there was a TON of kids on shoulders, essentially blocking the view for those behind you. It wasn't an issue until the music started, and then everyone was propped up.

I went to the party on Thursday, 10 Nov. Quick report -- we arrived at MK at about 5:15 pm or so and the CMs were handing out wristbands to everyone who came into the park -- not checking for party tickets. That bothered me, but oh well... Anyway, we did a few attractions before 7 pm, and noticed that CMs were making sure that non-wristband guests were leaving the park starting at 7 pm. We focused on rides and were able to get quite a few done, especially right before and right after the parades. 7DMT was down most of the night so we didn't get to ride that. We rode Jingle Cruise immediately after the fireworks with only a 5 minute wait, and POTC as well. Loved Jingle Cruise! It was fabulous. We hit all of the treat stands and our favorite was the sugar cookies and cider over by Storybook Circus -- we tried to get back there to have more cider but never made it. The lines for characters were fairly long so I was glad we weren't trying to do that. There was a good selection of party merchandise still available.

I definitely recommend doing the second parade -- we were able to knock out a few attractions during the first parade. Our strategy was to watch the fireworks (from right by the bridge to Adventureland), and then head to Jingle Cruise right after the fireworks -- again, 5 minute wait. Then we headed straight to Pirates -- also a 5 minute wait. Then we watched the second parade from Frontierland.

We headed out of the park at 11:40 pm. We had a great time!

In terms of weather, I wore capris and closed to shoes with a t-shirt and long cardigan and I was ok, although there were a few times that I got chilled and almost bought a hoodie or sweatshirt, but I really was fine without it.

My family uses the parties as an opportunity to do lots of attractions in a short amount of time, since we really aren't interested in character meetings. We were able to do every single attraction we wanted (except 7DMT and Peter Pan) with only short waits. Love that!

Have fun!

For any of you looking to avoid the crowds but hoping for an incredible space to watch the parade, may I offer a suggestion. If you take Main Street all the way down until it starts to turn left into Liberty Square, you come upon the flagpole, I believe. If you can picture in your head walking and then bearing left heading into Liberty Square, on your immediate left there is an area marked with tape, and right beside it you have a cart. There's a triangular area there which can only accommodate about 12 to 15 people, and you benefit in having a wrought iron fence, railing at your back. You don't feel crowded in the slightest and your sight lines of the parade (they are extremely close and dance numbers all stopped right there) are incredible. True, you can't see most of the castle, but who cares?

I am not the most familiar with Magic Kingdom. Is this coming from Frontierland towards Liberty Square (flagpole being where all the flagpoles are with the bell - across from HoP?) and you end up with the river on your back?

How about the Town Square area as an option? I heard around the town square flagpole area (not the square itself given that's used for dessert party?) there's often plenty of spots fairly late? (in front of theater, on the sidewalk in front of the train station, near the end of the parade close to the firehouse?). Seems like a great area since I'm guessing you still get a Main Street 'vibe' given it's well decorated, etc. Then I guess maybe after the parade you are right there to do the Mickey or Tink Meet & Greet before heading back into the rest of the park.

Last edited:
Thanks for this info! What time did you line up for Scrooge and how was the wait?

I lined up at maybe 10 minutes before 7pm. I waited 50 minutes. Scrooge and Donald were taking a long time with everyone, which was fun and they were hilarious!, but the line moved slowly.

Any advice on doing the Dec 18 party as opposed to Dec. 22nd? We could technically do either, but the last one does fit into our schedule better. (We're arriving the 17th). Crowd wise just wondering if it will be noticeable...seems like the last party will be a sell out for sure, what about the next to last? Any suggestions? We've never done a Christmas party. We did do MNSSHP this year, I don't think it was sold out, we were fine with those crowd levels.

I've read that the princess / prince waits have been nearly an hour this year :scared: though it seems Cinderella / Elena may be slightly less. We lined up for Cindy / Rapunzel last year around 6:30 and were done by 7:15, so I'd definitely recommend hitting them early if they are a priority. Either that or during one of the parades. And yes, the last party will almost definitely sell out, so I'd buy your tickets now if you are sure you'll be going that night.

thank you!

Princess/Prince M&Gs seemed to stay around 1 hour at the party we attended Friday night. However, after watching the 2nd parade and then going to Tomorrowland for peppermint bark cookies and hot chocolate, we made it to PFH to meet Tiana/Naveen and Rapunzel/Flynn just before midnight. We had about a 20-25 minute wait. Since it was well after midnight when we got finished with them, we didn't attempt to get in line for Cinderella/Charming and Elena. (They probably wouldn't have let us go in at that point anyway.) But there was NO line for them when we were in line for the others.

For those princesses/princes meeting outside by the wall (Snow/No name, Aurora/Philip), I just stood outside the roped area, waited until they finished taking pictures with other people, and snapped a couple of pics before someone else jumped in. We just didn't have time to wait in that line.

thank you!

Any advice on doing the Dec 18 party as opposed to Dec. 22nd? We could technically do either, but the last one does fit into our schedule better. (We're arriving the 17th). Crowd wise just wondering if it will be noticeable...seems like the last party will be a sell out for sure, what about the next to last? Any suggestions? We've never done a Christmas party. We did do MNSSHP this year, I don't think it was sold out, we were fine with those crowd levels.
18th will likely sell out too, so I'd plan for the one that fits your schedule best.

I am not the most familiar with Magic Kingdom. Is this coming from Frontierland towards Liberty Square (flagpole being where all the flagpoles are with the bell - across from HoP?) and you end up with the river on your back?

How about the Town Square area as an option? I heard around the town square flagpole area (not the square itself given that's used for dessert party?) there's often plenty of spots fairly late? (in front of theater, on the sidewalk in front of the train station, near the end of the parade close to the firehouse?). Seems like a great area since I'm guessing you still get a Main Street 'vibe' given it's well decorated, etc. Then I guess maybe after the parade you are right there to do the Mickey or Tink Meet & Greet before heading back into the rest of the park.
We've always snagged a spot by the flagpole fairly late for the second parade. The area around the flagpole is reserved for dessert party guests for the first parade, but open to the public for the 2nd. If you want a spot in town square for the first parade, you'll still have to scope it out pretty early. But it's a great option for a last minute spot for the 2nd.

I have a couple of questions about my plan. First of all, we plan to do FP 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30 with our 5:30 being at 7DMT. If we get to 7DMT at 5:30, Touring Plans shows us finishing around 5:45 and i plan to line up for the 7 Dwarfs from there. If we do this, and about what time could we possibly see them? I'm hoping to line up for Snow White by 7 and then have time to line up to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which is at 8:15. I am seeing different times for 7 Dwarfs, so I am hoping the 6:20 one is closer to when they come out than 7:00! We are dressing up as Snow White and Grumpy so I really want to see them but if we have to line up at 5:30 and they don't come out until 7 now, that seems like so much time wasted!
We lined up for the 7 dwarfs around 5:30 at MNSSHP and didn't meet them until 6:40. I'm afraid if you get in line after 5:45 you won't be done prior to 7, especially if they come out later than 6:20.

Near the partners statue would be your best option if you want one spot for the castle show, parade and fireworks, but be prepared to stake it out very early.

If we want to see the first parade from Main Street/Town Square but not necessarily front row what time would we have to get there?

Thanks for all the answers to my precious questions. I'm just CRUSHED about no penguins but I'm really glad to know that Mary and Bert won't be too rough.

Tonight's questions!

1. Anyone know about line lengths for Minnie and Daisy? Or the Jingle Cruise?

2. Is the snow on Main Street only during parades or intermittent throughout the night?

3. Does the castle stay iced over after the Elsa show? Or can you only see it if during the show?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the answers to my precious questions. I'm just CRUSHED about no penguins but I'm really glad to know that Mary and Bert won't be too rough.

Tonight's questions!

1. Anyone know about line lengths for Minnie and Daisy? Or the Jingle Cruise?

2. Is the snow on Main Street only during parades or intermittent throughout the night?

3. Does the castle stay iced over after the Elsa show? Or can you only see it if during the show?

Thanks again!
Can't answer #1, but it snows throughout the night and the castle stays lit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter