"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Party was last Tuesday and crowds weren't bad. Went to jack selling ton around 945/950 before fireworks at 10. Line was only about 30 minutes and he interacted great with my four year old son who is a big fan

We were at the party last night. I don't have time right now to write a full review. But some quick points.

At 430 I got in line for jack. I was maybe four or five families back. He came out at 7. He was great.

Crowd seemed very manageable

We watched the first parade. We stopped right where there parade starts at frontier land. Maybe about 20 minutes before it started and had front row seats.

We saw one of the Christmas stage shows We got there right when it started. We were off to side but could see everything perfectly.

My daughter threw up and we had to leave for the fireworks. But there was plenty of spots.

We plan to spend the entire day and evening at Magic on the 18th. We have our tickets for MVMCP. At what point should we plan to get the bracelets for the party? Can we get them when we arrive at the park first thing in the morning to avoid having to go back to front gate to get them? What do you suggest? Also, what do I have to show to prove that I have purchased tickets to the party?

Last edited:

We plan to spend the entire day and evening at Magic on the 18th. We have our tickets for MVMCP. At what point should we plan to get the bracelets for the party? Can we get them when we arrive at the park first thing in the morning to avoid having to go back to front gate to get them? What do you suggest?

Distribution station(s) in the park open around 4. You won't be able to get your band in the morning.

We're here now and got on line for the Dwarfs at 5:30. We're now under the tent at the end of the first line (before it turns, if that's clear) about 30 people in front of us. It's going to be a good night.

We plan to spend the entire day and evening at Magic on the 18th. We have our tickets for MVMCP. At what point should we plan to get the bracelets for the party? Can we get them when we arrive at the park first thing in the morning to avoid having to go back to front gate to get them? What do you suggest? Also, what do I have to show to prove that I have purchased tickets to the party?

That sounds like our day a few weeks ago. I was in the park for 15+ hours that day. A record for us for sure.

As PP says, you can pick them up in several spots starting at 4. I got ours in Tomorrowland in between Monsters, Inc. & Buzz. Any party I've ever been to my tickets have been on my bands - no problems - but I do have the e-mail confirmation readily accessible on my phone JUST IN CASE.

Hope you have a great time!

I never have experienced Disney in December as I always try to nudge my party days out in November so it isn't insanely crowded.

I can only speak to my own experience, but man was it crowded. I guess it's no comparison to the actual Christmas week crowds, however it was certainly busier than any other time I've been there!

I had a great time but I think now being an annual pass holder I just personally don't see the value of the party being so much money now!

The parade is abosolutely amazing, and again my tip where no one sits is right in front of the train station on main street all the characters interact with you - and the special little ore show where the throw the balls at you happens there as well. The tree and a perfect view of main street is right here I never know why that spot isn't a highly coveted one!

I had an excellent time and I'm sorry if my former post was a bit sour but man. Navigating those crowds are not fun and people become highly less magical as it gets crowded...

Overall I think they need to add new entertainment to make it more of an attraction.

The new stage show was nice but the text segment was so so SO awful.

I'll reiterate the treats were not tasty in my humble opinion, however taste is highly subjective. I'll leave it up to you to decide - and the most tastiest drink is definitely the hot chocholate yum yum!

My point is if your a first timer to do this you will have an amazing time no one and I mean no one does Christmas better than Disney. So bring your loved ones grab some treats and have an amazing time!

For us coming back for more just know that the magic is alive and well but maybe needs a bit more in terms of variety!

Last edited:
We're here now and got on line for the Dwarfs at 5:30. We're now under the tent at the end of the first line (before it turns, if that's clear) about 30 people in front of us. It's going to be a good night.

Follow up, they came out at 6:18. We were done by 6:40. Went to meet Daisy And Minnie, who came out at 7. Only other characters we waited to meet was Mary Poppins and Bert who were very interactive. We were going to go back for Nick And Judy after the second parade, but we're too knackered to walk back.

Speaking of the parade, we found a spot on the curb at 10:45 in front of guest relations. Great location with plenty of room. The Elves with the beach ball snowballs totally interacted with us, as did most of the parade entertainers. Got lots of photos.

I'm not sure if the guest relations spot is by the train station but I had the same experience they were SO interactive the raindeer even hugged us.

It really does make a difference in that extra special magic the interaction!

About how much time before the parade starts can you likely find a spot in front of train station?

I'm currently thinking frontierland (20-30 min enough?) but considering the train station I'd also a 20-30 minute thing.

For those of you that were near the train station is there snow falling there? I've never been and we will be there on the 18th so firming up what we wanna do now.

Only other characters we waited to meet was Mary Poppins and Bert who were very interactive.

How long did you wait for them? And where did they meet? I've read about them being in two locations so I want to make sure I head the right way :) They're my top priority!

Does anybody ever resell tickets? I don't know if that's even possible. We missed the Dec 18 event (sold out). I'm trying to figure out if there is any chance to get 5, or just carry on with our alternate plans.

Thanks

How long did you wait for them? And where did they meet? I've read about them being in two locations so I want to make sure I head the right way :) They're my top priority!

We saw them at Fantasy Faire next to Mickey's Philharmagic. We happened to be walking by and saw two families waiting. Cast member said they were coming in a few minutes so we got in line. Only wait was due to the interaction with the families in front of us.

For the questions about the parade, we were to the right of the train station (facing it), where the parade ends. There was plenty of room at 11:00 on the sidewalk. I'm sure you can find a good spot without having to spend to much time waiting,youll just have to stand.

I know this has been asked before but it hard to search through this thread.

If we want to see the first parade from near the train station is 30 minutes before enough time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter