"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. But this would be the flow and we’d pass by anything that looked like it would eat up too much time.

I would narrow down the list to must do's and like the other poster said, be prepared to not have time to do it all and maybe stop at Pinocchios in fantasyland to get multiple treats all in one spot. The character lines alone are very long and will take up a substantial amount of time. Could you possibly do the rides on another day?

My husband and I want to get party merch to wear during the party, can you buy it before 7pm? If so, where?! Thanks!
I believe Disney only sells MVMCP merchandise at the park,unless you can find someone selling it on EBay or Amazon. I bought the light bulb necklaces last month on Amazon for just under $6/pair free shipping. I believe they go for around $15 in the park, so I saved about 50%.

Last edited:
I would narrow down the list to must do's and like the other poster said, be prepared to not have time to do it all and maybe stop at Pinocchios in fantasyland to get multiple treats all in one spot. The character lines alone are very long and will take up a substantial amount of time. Could you possibly do the rides on another day?

Just to confirm - you can get ALL of the free treats at Pinocchio's and instead of going to each stop?! If so, you just saved me a heck of a lot of time!!!

We arrive on the 8th from PA, I haven't ordered our magic bands yet. Is it too late to have them shipped if i order today?

Also DW bought a special band from Amazon that was just delivered.

Just to confirm - you can get ALL of the free treats at Pinocchio's and instead of going to each stop?! If so, you just saved me a heck of a lot of time!!!

Not all but several of the cookies. Might save you a few stops.

Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland): Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
Liberty Square Ticket Office: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
The Friar's Nook (Fantasyland): Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolate and Sparkling Apple Cider*
Pete's Silly Sideshow (Storybook Circus in Fantasyland): Peppermint Crunch Cookie and Nestle® Nesquik®
Pinocchhio's Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider and a Variety of Cookies
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies (Tomorrowland)

I would like to know this as well. Do they have the pretzel there? or just in adventurland?

Pretzels at tortuga tavern in adventureland only

We arrive on the 8th from PA, I haven't ordered our magic bands yet. Is it too late to have them shipped if i order today?

Also DW bought a special band from Amazon that was just delivered.

From Disney, with reservation? Yes, they give you a cut off date. Mine was over a week ago, arrive on 12/15, & already received.

If ordering online, check out availability & pricing for expedited shipping.

Leaving soon for a week. With 180 pages in this thread I’m just looking for parade times and length and also fireworks time

Thanks ... my gkids first trip !!!

I am hoping to attend one of these parties next year. Would be our first time doing one. The two most important features to me would be to get to see the parade at a good location and to get to enjoy short wait times on the rides later into the night. If both of these features were to work out well for us, anything else would just be a nice bonus. Do almost all of the parties sell out? I was thinking that they do.

Looks like tonight's party sold out too-- if you're going report back so we can hear how it is!

Leaving soon for a week. With 180 pages in this thread I’m just looking for parade times and length and also fireworks time

Thanks ... my gkids first trip !!!

All of the info you are looking for is in the first post of this thread:

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Marching toy soldiers, reindeer, gingerbread men, classic characters dressed in their holiday best and Santa Claus himself appear in this super fun parade. There is a “snowfall” on Main Street before the parades and then at the end of the evening.
Times: 8:30pm & 11:00pm

Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
Times: 10:00pm

Have a wonderful trip!

Ambitious!

Since a lot of the items listed are getting treats which don't take long you'll probably get a lot of this in. And if I'm reading correctly you are not planning on meeting Jack Skellington, just seeing him as you go past? If so the biggest issue that jumps out is with Tomorrowland. Little chance to get Buzz, SM and meet Nick and Judy as well as the 2 treat stops and Dance party in between fireworks and 10:45pm. Fireworks is going to take up approx 20 minutes of that time. I'd think about dropping a lot of the treat stops in the whole plan - you can get them all at Pinocchio's. I'd be prepared to have to skip some things.
I agree with the issues in Tomorrowland. We headed to Nick and Judy right after the fireworks last year and my photos are time stamped 10:40. I think you could either accomplish their M&G or most of the other Tomorrowland items, but you’ll have to prioritize. If the M&G is important, head right there as the line will only build between the fireworks and second parade.

Loose Plans for our party, which should be extremely busy if not sold out:

Arrive 3:45.
  • Get Sorcerer's card
  • Space Mountain FP
  • Haunted Mansion FP
  • Papa Chiisai get in Sandy Claus line
  • Thunder Mountain FP for the rest of us
  • Meet Sandy Claus here or somewhere between next rides
[Snacks! And Sourcerer's! Throughout! Whenever we can!]
  • Pirates
  • Jingle Cruise
  • Barnstormer
  • Winnie the Pooh (maybe, depending on how crowd looks for parade)
  • Peoplemover (maybe...)
  • Find as best spot as possible, sit and wait for first parade
  • Parade!
  • Wishes Dessert Party
  • Wishes!
  • Maybe other rides, or leave depending on everyone's mood
The End!

Not all but several of the cookies. Might save you a few stops.

Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland): Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
Liberty Square Ticket Office: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
The Friar's Nook (Fantasyland): Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolate and Sparkling Apple Cider*
Pete's Silly Sideshow (Storybook Circus in Fantasyland): Peppermint Crunch Cookie and Nestle® Nesquik®
Pinocchhio's Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider and a Variety of Cookies
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies (Tomorrowland)

Pretzels at tortuga tavern in adventureland only

Oh my gosh, that's perfect! Thank you so much for posting! We may swing by Tortuga to get the pretzel, otherwise we just wanted hot chocolate and the cookies.

If I plan to see the 740 Castle show, followed by Castle lighting and then the parade all from somewhere in the hub at what time do you think we should get a seat? I am hoping to walk to the hub around 730 and find our spot, unless you all think that is way to late to claim a spot. Thanks.

Just back from an amazing whirlwind 5 days in New York, included Macy's parade, Rockettes and a couple of Broadway musicals. All ready for Christmas. Now back to planing our WDW trip in 10 days, although not looking forward to another cross country flight.

Does anyone know how long the shuttle from MK to Pop Century. We are spending the whole day at MK before our party and I am hoping to go back to hotel for a couple hours before the party, but not if it takes longer than 45 minutes each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter