"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (2 adults) are attending the party on the 12th, is it better to do 1st or 2nd parade?
Currently no set schedule aside from dinner at BOG @ 4:40. Would like to meet scrooge but otherwise just enjoy the atmosphere.

Second parade can be a bit less busy, but I recommend seeing the first because that last hour of the party is usually the least crowded. I'd rather do other things during that time than watch the parade.

You'll also want to check the weather, if there is a chance of rain definitely see the first parade.

I went to buy my MVMCP tickets and discovered a new sold out day. I couldn't decide between Dec 17 or 19th. Well, the 17th is sold out so the 19th it is! FYI

We were at the parties on Tuesday and Friday (both sold out) however while the crowds were manageable on Tuesday, Friday was insane.

It was more crowded during the party than it had been all day. I expected it to be difficult to get around main st and the hub; however it was crowded away from those areas as well. Wait times for rides were between 20 and 30 minutes.

Treat lines were long and the cast members were not the friendliest. At Pinocchio's, the cast member sighed when I asked for the four pack of cookies rather then the two pack. They were also out of hot chocolate when we stopped.

Someone earlier was asking about Scrooge. We met him on Tuesday. We got in line at 6 and were done by 7:20.

Also, we watched the parade from frontier land both nights. We got a spot close to 8 on Friday at the rope but there wasn't much available. Tuesday we found a spot at the rope at 7:45 with plenty of spots available.

NEWS

Limited Edition Contemporary Resort Holiday Merchandise

Contemporary-Merch-600x450.jpg
I found these today before we left for home. The pin, ornament, and tray are sitting next to me right now. The plate wasn't out and when I asked, the cast member explained they only had one left. They either sold really quickly or they didn't have very many to start.

We were at the parties on Tuesday and Friday (both sold out) however while the crowds were manageable on Tuesday, Friday was insane.

It was more crowded during the party than it had been all day. I expected it to be difficult to get around main st and the hub; however it was crowded away from those areas as well. Wait times for rides were between 20 and 30 minutes.

Treat lines were long and the cast members were not the friendliest. At Pinocchio's, the cast member sighed when I asked for the four pack of cookies rather then the two pack. They were also out of hot chocolate when we stopped.

Someone earlier was asking about Scrooge. We met him on Tuesday. We got in line at 6 and were done by 7:20.

Also, we watched the parade from frontier land both nights. We got a spot close to 8 on Friday at the rope but there wasn't much available. Tuesday we found a spot at the rope at 7:45 with plenty of spots available.

Thank you so much for posting! We are going to, what is, as of today, a sold out party (thank goodness I bought our tickets a few days ago! I almost waited!). This is such great info. I completely re-configured our itinerary so we would end in Frontierland around 7:15 pm (to see Reindeer Wranglers) and be in place to find our spot for the first parade. We are then going to walk through Fantasyland as the parade heads toward Main St., to go around to the Wishes dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing. I was so on the fence about doing this, but, by keeping the reservation, I took the snacks out of the itinerary and we'll sit and eat what, hopefully, will be tastier desserts. I don't know why I feel the need to tell you this!? LOL! Your report just re-assured me that I think I came up with a good plan and I feel a little less stressed now, thank you!!!

I found these today before we left for home. The pin, ornament, and tray are sitting next to me right now. The plate wasn't out and when I asked, the cast member explained they only had one left. They either sold really quickly or they didn't have very many to start.

Oh dear . . . I think I need that mug! They are soooo cute!

That worries me a bit because the party I'm attending is Friday the 15th. Honestly trying to figure out how to pack it all in!! Last year we did the dessert party, and while the parade viewing was worth it, I felt like it sucked up SO much for the regular party time. The only character I care about is Jack Skellington, and I want a good spot for the fireworks.

Just checked the weather for the 7th. SOOOO disappointed. The temperature drops to 64 on Thursday. We were really looking forward to sun and warm temperatures.

I wonder why Friday felt so much worse if they were both sold out.

I wonder why Friday felt so much worse if they were both sold out.
There really seemed to be more people. The hub and Main Street were filled both nights but on Friday, the walkways in fantasyland were crowded, the liberty square area was crowded. It was even difficult to walk around tommorowland.

In addition, the ride lines and character lines that I saw seemed full too. On Tuesday, we had no problems moving around those same areas.

In both tomorrowland and fantasyland by Peter Pan, there were cast members holding the keep left/right signs. I have never seen that at a party before.

I believe the number of tickets until "sold out" will go up and down according to how Disney has the night staffed, and that is all determined by their analysts looking at historic and current average daytime attendance. If so, then Fridays will always have a higher number of tickets permitted to be sold and even if not sold out may feel more crowded than say a Tuesday.

I was watching ResortTV1's livestream from the party last night (he and his sister did a great job) and I felt the party was considerably more crowded than an EMH evening. Although he was excited to be there and claimed that the party was well worth the price of admission, I suspect they got their tickets for free from a sponsor whom he mentioned many times. Who wouldn't feel it was worth it if their tickets were free? :D

Last edited:
Can anyone give me an estimate of what time the end of the first parade will have cleared Frontierland (in other words, when the ropes barricaded will be removed)? We're trying to figure out a touring plan for the party, and want to avoid getting roadblocked by the parade. Thanks!

Uh-oh! I've been waiting to buy our party tickets in an effort to avoid attending on a rainy day. My hopes were to wait until the weather looked a little more certain, but the last of the three days that we can attend, the 17th, sold out earlier today. I thought Friday, the 15th would sell out first. Should I bite the bullet and buy the tickets now? We went to a MNSSHP on a rainy night, and it really mad things less enjoyable. But at least it was a warm rain! I really hate the idea of attending an outdoor Christmas party in the chilly rain. The weather app that I use is forecasting 40% chance of rain on Thursday, and 20% on Friday. My gut tells me to go with Thursday because forecasts so far out aren't exactly reliable and a Friday will most likely be very crowded and sell out soon. Thoughts?

Uh-oh! I've been waiting to buy our party tickets in an effort to avoid attending on a rainy day. My hopes were to wait until the weather looked a little more certain, but the last of the three days that we can attend, the 17th, sold out earlier today. I thought Friday, the 15th would sell out first. Should I bite the bullet and buy the tickets now? We went to a MNSSHP on a rainy night, and it really mad things less enjoyable. But at least it was a warm rain! I really hate the idea of attending an outdoor Christmas party in the chilly rain. The weather app that I use is forecasting 40% chance of rain on Thursday, and 20% on Friday. My gut tells me to go with Thursday because forecasts so far out aren't exactly reliable and a Friday will most likely be very crowded and sell out soon. Thoughts?

Undercovertourist is still showing they have tickets for the night of the 17th. (I was just on there checking out car rental prices, they seem to be slightly better than the rest)

Ok, now I'm really confused! Will that party (the 17th) be even more crowded because it's closer to Christmas and already sold out on the Disney website? Or do you think it will be less crowded because it's a Sunday?

Ok, now I'm really confused! Will that party (the 17th) be even more crowded because it's closer to Christmas and already sold out on the Disney website? Or do you think it will be less crowded because it's a Sunday?
I think only Disney knows the answer to your question, it's a good one though.

There really seemed to be more people. The hub and Main Street were filled both nights but on Friday, the walkways in fantasyland were crowded, the liberty square area was crowded. It was even difficult to walk around tommorowland.

In addition, the ride lines and character lines that I saw seemed full too. On Tuesday, we had no problems moving around those same areas.

In both tomorrowland and fantasyland by Peter Pan, there were cast members holding the keep left/right signs. I have never seen that at a party before.

Oh wow. I was in MK over Christmas week 2015 and they didn't even have those signs then! I just want to thank you, again (and all who have posted their reports on here). Your info has really been invaluable in planning out our party night.

I think, particularly with that last week, the chances of all of those parties selling out is pretty high. I, too, was going to wait to buy our Dec. 17 tickets (I really wanted to put some Disney Rewards points toward them), but after Dec. 1 sold out, I decided I couldn't wait any longer. There is just no way to predict the weather. I would make your best guess now and buy your tickets. Personally, I would go with Thursday over Friday as I would imagine most locals would pick the Friday to attend.

How accurate are Orlando weather forecasts 4-5 days out regarding rain? Trying to figure out how to go about our schedule, we arrive on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter