"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the weather for the 7th. SOOOO disappointed. The temperature drops to 64 on Thursday. We were really looking forward to sun and warm temperatures.

80s was a bit high, but I would have liked 70s. I just checked for us. It's expected to be low to mid 60s as the high when we are there, sandwiched between 70s before and after. Win some, lose some. Will be figuring out carrying coats. I think high 40s is a bit cool for just layers in the early morning. Will carry bigger backpacks for stuffing coats I think.

Question
I just found a lunch reservations for Be Our Guest at 1:45 PM, will they let me in with just the MVMCP ticket or will they require an additional ticket to be purchased for us to eat there before party time?

Question
I just found a lunch reservations for Be Our Guest at 1:45 PM, will they let me in with just the MVMCP ticket or will they require an additional ticket to be purchased for us to eat there before party time?

You will need regular park admission to go to that ADR.

@Cluelyss - Target GC. I was told can’t use to purchase another GC. Thoughts?
Based on past experience, Target classifies Disney GCs as "Prepaid Entertainment" and thus you are allowed to buy them with Target GCs. I did this last year with no issues, but have no recent experience of my own to base it on. I'll be heading there shortly to get my Target GCs and will try it tomorrow.

I have a 4pm reservation at the plaza on our party night. We have 2 adults and 1 kid and trying to keep our goals low since this is our first time attending MVMCP. Kid would like to meet: Nick and Judy, Seven Dwarves,Moana. I can't wait in 2 hr lines- I will fall asleep (Narcolepsy) but will be fine if I walk around. We'd also like to catch Parade, Fireworks, shows and some magic shots.
Will a 4pm dining res cut into time we should be waiting for characters?

I doubt we can do all this, can anyone help me? How would you prioritize and what would you leave out? We are going Dec. 14 but planned on adding another party after if we want more time. That only leaves 15th or 19th. We arrive early enough on the 12th but will have a early long travel day from West Coast.

Just checked the weather for the 7th. SOOOO disappointed. The temperature drops to 64 on Thursday. We were really looking forward to sun and warm temperatures.

Our 1st day in the parks is the 7th also.....changing our packing strategy somewhat..... Although we are from Wisconsin so we are pretty used to cold. I am outside today putting up Christmas decorations in a long sleeve t-shirt.

Based on past experience, Target classifies Disney GCs as "Prepaid Entertainment" and thus you are allowed to buy them with Target GCs. I did this last year with no issues, but have no recent experience of my own to base it on. I'll be heading there shortly to get my Target GCs and will try it tomorrow.

Thanks! Sound good. Post back here tomorrow please.

Has anyone at a recent party noticed if the gray shirt with red sleeves is still around? I'll be at Tuesdays party.
mvcpmads4785732.jpg

Our 1st day in the parks is the 7th also.....changing our packing strategy somewhat..... Although we are from Wisconsin so we are pretty used to cold. I am outside today putting up Christmas decorations in a long sleeve t-shirt.
Yup! As long as it's not windy or rainy any temperature will be fine. The key is to keep moving and keep your skin dry (this means no sweat folks!).
Pro tip: pack a small bottle of lotion. Put it on the kids after washing their hands either with water/soap or the antibacterial gel. A child with chapped hands is a very sad, miserable child.

I'm doing the same, mild here on the west coast, still trying to figure out what to pack now.

80s was a bit high, but I would have liked 70s. I just checked for us. It's expected to be low to mid 60s as the high when we are there, sandwiched between 70s before and after. Win some, lose some. Will be figuring out carrying coats. I think high 40s is a bit cool for just layers in the early morning. Will carry bigger backpacks for stuffing coats I think.

Are there lockers to put coats in when it warms up?

Any idea how long a wait is to meet Jack Sparrow and whether or not he signs autographs? Probably one of the few characters my kids would want to meet at the party assuming the line isn't terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter