"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. That sucks. Sorry.

And Clorox wipes for wiping down the airplane armrests and buttons etc.

Sorry OT.

Yes, I agree with this. We bring Lysol wipes and wipe trays, armrests, seatbelts, etc. on the plane and are like a family of germophobes on our way down. Too many trips where we're sick.

It looks like Tuesday 11/28 is sold out!

Yes! Looks like they are selling out under the radar too (or not top priority since selling out day of/day before). The websites that usually update are still behind on 11/26, and one just posted about 12/1 yesterday (and included the other 2) which sold out over a week ago.

Planning on purchasing tickets to our very first party next year, if we go in December, and I am hoping to get as much information as I can this year with this thread. I would be looking at one the later party dates in 2019 dates and expect it to be sold out, so I probably have a lot to learn.

Is it really fair to have one person wait in a character line while the others go on rides? I would be kind of upset if people were piling into line ahead of me like that...

I have read almost every page of this thread and have seen a variety of responses about this. I will be in a group of 10 - 5 adults, 5 kids (all under 6). We are planning to line up for 7 Dwarfs, and only get one group photo, at the request of my Mom, who is along for the trip. This is likely our only "big" character line we will do. Our plan is to get in line early (we want all the kids to be awake), but it may only be one or two adults with the youngest child (and strollers) who will wait in line the majority of the time, while the other kids can run around (under supervision) or perhaps ride a nearby ride if time allows.

I plan to communicate to as many people around us as possible that we're doing ONE POSE with all of us, and I think most people can accept that, especially because we'll plan out who will stand where beforehand & we will be as efficient as we can. But I also look at it like this - trying to keep all 5 kids in a long line isn't just going to stress my family group out - it's going to spoil the time for those around us if one of our kids starts crying or whining because they lose patience. In addition, that kind of thing can easily ruin a photo that's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for many of us who are probably only going to experience one Christmas Party/Disney trip. I do think the kids in my family are generally decently behaved, but at the same time, if you don't have to force them to stand still in a line, everyone will probably be happier & in a better mood. I completely understand that frustration kicks in when a big group swarms in and tries to do multiple poses, especially if it's mostly adults who are capable of standing in line. I hope most people won't do that! Probably for many of us at these parties, it's a one-time experience and we all want to accomplish as much as we can. But hopefully we all do so while still trying to be polite to those around us!

I was hoping to get some feedback from those that have already attended a party this year. The last time we went to MVMCCP (a few years ago), the end of Main St. (near the train station) was completely free of crowds and we were able to find a nice spot right by the candy store. Is this still the case at the parties? Or has it been more crowded? We will be going Dec. 17 and, while it hasn't sold out yet, I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

I was hoping to get some feedback from those that have already attended a party this year. The last time we went to MVMCCP (a few years ago), the end of Main St. (near the train station) was completely free of crowds and we were able to find a nice spot right by the candy store. Is this still the case at the parties? Or has it been more crowded? We will be going Dec. 17 and, while it hasn't sold out yet, I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
Thinking of going during this time next year. I too hope we can get some feedback. Seeing the parade is probably the top priority for me. A Disney bucket list item of sorts. I am thinking that the second parade will be less crowded of course because of the later hour so that might be the one we stake out. But I will add, we will have a 5-year-old in our party so she might not like staying out that late.

Yes! Looks like they are selling out under the radar too (or not top priority since selling out day of/day before). The websites that usually update are still behind on 11/26, and one just posted about 12/1 yesterday (and included the other 2) which sold out over a week ago.
We were at the 11/26 party and that was rumored to have sold out. Despite the crowds it was totally manageable. We got a great spot in frontier-land for the parade, and the kids chose to ride rides instead of fireworks and we had low waits for those. Got more cookies than I know what to do with! And the kids really appreciated the snowman pretzel and snow cone.

We were at the 11/26 party and that was rumored to have sold out. Despite the crowds it was totally manageable. We got a great spot in frontier-land for the parade, and the kids chose to ride rides instead of fireworks and we had low waits for those. Got more cookies than I know what to do with! And the kids really appreciated the snowman pretzel and snow cone.
Thanks for sharing your experience! We're going on 12/17, and I assume it's going to be a sold out date as well.

UPDATE - Post #2, Other Happenings Around the World

Tiana's Riverboat Party - Ice Cream Social & Viewing Party (Extended through December) - Magic Kingdom

Tiana’s Riverboat Party Extended: Available Daily Dec. 23 – Dec. 31 and Select Dates Through Jan. 6. Extended to include select dates through January 6, 2018, but will take place daily from December 23 to December 31, 2017.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...dec-23-dec-31-and-select-dates-through-jan-6/

I'm not sure why I didn't think to ask this sooner. Does anyone know, does the train still run around MK during the party? I'm hoping to find a spot around the train station for the first parade and was thinking we'd take the train instead of trying to cut through Main Street then hopefully make a quick escape on the train over to Frontierland once it's over.

Does anyone know what time they've been cutting the line for Princess Fairytale Hall? Thinking of trying to squeeze in Rapunzel and Tiana at the end of the party.

Do you recall what time you got to Frontierland to find your parade spot?

Just back from an amazing whirlwind 5 days in New York, included Macy's parade, Rockettes and a couple of Broadway musicals. All ready for Christmas. Now back to planing our WDW trip in 10 days, although not looking forward to another cross country flight.

Does anyone know how long the shuttle from MK to Pop Century. We are spending the whole day at MK before our party and I am hoping to go back to hotel for a couple hours before the party, but not if it takes longer than 45 minutes each way.
Use this! It's very helpful http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

going to the party on 12/7. I wanted to confirm times for "Mickey's merriest celebration time show". I originally had 7:45, 8:35, 9:25, 10:45 and 11:35 and can't remember where I found them. I checked the disney world website and it only says from 7pm - midnight..........anyone know if the times above are correct? trying to plan a loose itinerary. Thank you!
I hope this helps. It lists the times. It's from the Disney website
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...P_Guidemap_2017_CMYK_V3_OS.pdf?22112017110624

I've read the list of MVMCP treats, but are any of them a must get, or what's the best tasting treat?
Yes all Disney food is too delicious to pass up but wanted to make sure we key in on the best.

I've read the list of MVMCP treats, but are any of them a must get, or what's the best tasting treat?
Yes all Disney food is too delicious to pass up but wanted to make sure we key in on the best.

Oh, I hate to say this but don't get your hopes up too high. They're highly mass produced. Hot chocolate and pretzel will probably be my favorite. Was hoping for better on the sno cones last year because I love sno cones but the ice was pretty big kernels vs shaved. For the cookies the peppermint was best IMO.

I'm still trying to decide whether to buy tickets for the 19th or the 21st. Do you think they will both sell out and do you think one day will be better than the other? Thanks in advance.

Oh, I hate to say this but don't get your hopes up too high. They're highly mass produced. Hot chocolate and pretzel will probably be my favorite. Was hoping for better on the sno cones last year because I love sno cones but the ice was pretty big kernels vs shaved. For the cookies the peppermint was best IMO.

Thanks I figured pretzels might be good, disappointed no choc chip cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter