OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Has anyone here done the Tiffins dinner package? How does it work exactly? I wondered if it worked similarly to the Fantasmic package where you get paper passes for the show? Is the theatre entrance clearly marked for the standby vs. package people? We've only used the FP line, so I wondered how it worked for package people. I'm helping some friends plan their trip. Thanks!

I did the Tiffins dining package last night. I received a paper pass about the size of a business card after my meal. There are multiple entrances for the show - the Dining and Standby entrances are near Nemo's theater. They're clearly marked with signs and there were lots of CMs directing traffic. The first show last night was cancelled for weather, but I was allowed to use my pass for the second show, and I was told it would have been valid for 5 days after if there continued to be weather problems.

I did the Tiffins dining package last night. I received a paper pass about the size of a business card after my meal. There are multiple entrances for the show - the Dining and Standby entrances are near Nemo's theater. They're clearly marked with signs and there were lots of CMs directing traffic. The first show last night was cancelled for weather, but I was allowed to use my pass for the second show, and I was told it would have been valid for 5 days after if there continued to be weather problems.
Thank you!

Good to know.

How did you enjoy your meal?

Good to know.

How did you enjoy your meal?

Oh, it was fantastic. I've eaten at a lot of WDW's signature restaurants and this one is near the top of my list. The meal and the Tree of Life awakening were the highlights of my evening at DAK.

The nighttime safari was kind of a bust - I rode it in early evening as well and had a much better experience - and the show was good but not great, IMO. I liked each individual aspect of it (music, dancing, costumes, water screens) but having it all together just felt a bit too 'busy' and a little disjointed. I had also planned on riding Everest after dark but it was shut down for a while because of lightning in the area and I just didn't have time. I also missed most of the outdoor live entertainment because it was also restricted for the lightning issue.

Has anyone here done the Tiffins dinner package? How does it work exactly? I wondered if it worked similarly to the Fantasmic package where you get paper passes for the show? Is the theatre entrance clearly marked for the standby vs. package people? We've only used the FP line, so I wondered how it worked for package people. I'm helping some friends plan their trip. Thanks!
For Tusker House, they gave us the paper passes. Unfortunately we missed the show so I can't answer your other questions.

Would anyone know,if you make a fp for JB show and then it changes to ROL show will the fp just carry over or what?? We are going to wdw Sept 13-20. From reading this thread I feel ROL will open by then. Thanks

Heads up for those coming from June 12-18. The Jungle Book theater will open 60 minutes prior to the show and not 90 minutes as it has been for the first show
This is a trial test and it may be adjusted depending on guest demand.

Would people recommend doing the safari in the day and at sunset if it fits into our schedule?
Yes. I definitely would. The animals were awesome to look at during sunset because several were more active than usual. I would get a fastpass for during the day and wait in line at sunset. That is because the line at sunset was only around 25 minutes for me.

Would people recommend doing the safari in the day and at sunset if it fits into our schedule?
We had planned to do rope drop with very little wait and around 8pm with a FP. We missed rope drop - another story for another time - and dinner ran late so we ended up doing the safari around 8:30. I'd recommend 8 or 8:15, as it was almost too late/dark by the time we got into it.

Do you think a FP is necessary for the JB show? We have FP for my family of 4 but my parents who just activated their tickets at the gate do not. I tried to match them up with our FP but no luck for the show so wondering if we should just all d standby.

Switching AK night from a Saturday to a Thursday, so also wondering if we need a Fast Pass for the show. Would consider a Fast Pass meal but trying to figure out the timing and what's available for FP+ that night. We are park hopping so not there in the AM. If the second show is easy to walk on would do standby.

All this because after weeks of trying for Wishes, it finally opened up for my family on a Saturday night. I guess it was meant to be to end our stay at MK.

[QUOTE="3MFamily, post: 55962182, member: 550868]
All this because after weeks of trying for Wishes, it finally opened up for my family on a Saturday night. I guess it was meant to be to end our stay at MK.[/QUOTE]
What exactly opened up?

Wishes? I was trying for 7/13 or 7/14 with no luck. I would occasionally look at other days but with the way my FP+ was set up those two dates were ideal. I just happened on 7/16 yesterday for a party of 5 and booked it.

So trying to move AK night to 7/14 and wondering if I need to FP+ JB or do a dining meal. We don't necessarily need rides because we are still doing AK the AM of 7/16.

Yes. Sorry, someone asked about Wishes in reference to the dessert party I recently got. I think. :)

My inquiry is if a FP is needed for JB. I didn't mean to confuse. Thank you!

Thanks for the explanation. I think we all got excited about Wishes FP's making a come back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter