OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

My fast pass window opens on June 22 and I want to make sure i get the safari at the time I want. Do FP's not open at midnight anymore? I just ready something that said 7 am Eastern time...is that right? We have always booked at midnight...

My fast pass window opens on June 22 and I want to make sure i get the safari at the time I want. Do FP's not open at midnight anymore? I just ready something that said 7 am Eastern time...is that right? We have always booked at midnight...
Yes, it switched to 7am EST a few weeks ago. :)

I believe it is 6am for online an 7am if you call

Just adding my $.02 in. We did AK last night, our first evening experience there. It was really cool and different to see it under the lights, a new experience. I'm also one who tends to be far less critical than others I've read here about rides and attractions...I'm easily amused by things here. However, I will say it was a so-so experience. Not bad by any stretch, we had fun, but nothing spectacular. We had FP+ for Jungle Book, simply because we didn't know what to expect and didn't want to miss out. They opened stand by one hour early and it filled fairly fast (we could see it as we were waiting for our kids...we let them ride Expedition on their own). We walked into the theater around 8:30ish and FP+ was about 3/4 full. Still got decent seats though. We all found the show to be somewhat underwhelming. We can see the money and effort put into it, but the execution is sort of bland. We liked it and will do it again, but more of on a whim thing than specifically planning for it. We had FP+ for the safari after that and got in line around 9:40pm. The line was going much slower than it does during the day. Even with FP+, we waited a while (didn't time it). It's really awesome to see the safari area at night, it was different for sure. But it was a real struggle to see much. We probably only saw about 1/2 of what we do in the daylight. As others have said, maybe dusk is a better time to see it. We also poked around a little at the street parties and other events happening. They were fun, but nothing to write home about.

We all agreed it's more fun in the day, and maybe early evening, than it is late at night. But as I said, that's not to condemn it at night. It was fun, and I'm very glad we did it. If scheduling works out, we'll do it again at night, but it's not going to be at the top of our list.

I think I might have missed this, and apologize for that.

Are all the attractions open at night?
What is the latest FP window that has been available?
How late for Festival of the Lion King perform now with the later closings?

thanks! and again, sorry if I missed it.

Quick question. We did the nighttime safari a week ago, Thursday. For anybody who has been on it, are some of the animal sounds piped in? Some seemed too conveniently well timed.

For the person asking about adding someone to your FP, my DH and I had FP for JB for the 2nd show the 4th day after it opened. My BIL and SIL did not (they were all gone) but decided to go to the park with us that day. They walked over to the FP line with us and we asked the CM if they could join us and there was no problem. They still scanned their MB (I guess to keep count) but they were able to join us. Not sure if this is a "sure thing" just our experience.

Yes, it switched to 7am EST a few weeks ago. :)
First off, thank you so much for your quick response! I would have been one unhappy person at work today if I had waited up until midnight and they never opened up lol I noticed that FP's for Everest seem to stop at 8 pm. Are they stopping the ride at that time for the Jungle Book show?? I really wanted to ride Everest while it was dark but it won't be at 8 pm in August:/

First off, thank you so much for your quick response! I would have been one unhappy person at work today if I had waited up until midnight and they never opened up lol I noticed that FP's for Everest seem to stop at 8 pm. Are they stopping the ride at that time for the Jungle Book show?? I really wanted to ride Everest while it was dark but it won't be at 8 pm in August:/
Ride is still open late, just stopping FP distribution. Not sure what the rationale is for that?

Here now. I don't see tree of life start times on first page. Guessing it changes due to sunset. Has anyone seen it light up before the 9:30 JB show? Kids are having a hard time with late nights so we'll need to leave immediately after. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter