OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

I actually have a FP+ for the 6pm Festival of the Lion Kong show on 4/24 in which it states the park closes at 6:30 but this morning I noticed they added a 7pm show but park still shows as closing at 6:30. So it looks like they are gradually working on stuff.

Interesting! I'm also going to AK on 4/24 so I went to the modify FP section of MDE and I am able to select a FP for the 7pm FOTLK show. I have FPs for Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur, too, and neither of those have extended hours available for FP yet.

Thanks for the update.:)

Disappointing but CERTAINLY not unexpected.

On the bright side,$100.00 funds A LOT of visits to the Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival!:)

On the bright side,$100.00 funds A LOT of visits to the Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival!:)

I'm pretty disappointed, but when your right your right. There are quite a lot of emo eating choices.

I'm trying to think up a strategy for the 22nd now. Do I really want to wait in line forever to see the show? I'm kind of doubting at this point that fast passes will even be available.

I'm pretty disappointed, but when your right your right. There are quite a lot of emo eating choices.

I'm trying to think up a strategy for the 22nd now. Do I really want to wait in line forever to see the show? I'm kind of doubting at this point that fast passes will even be available.

I'm with you! I don't know either - but not sure when we'll be back. I'm generally not a fan of saving spots for people - meaning people taking turns in a line - since I've been burned by 1 person being joined by a large group at the last minute - but I don't think I could keep my 2 kids in line all day. We just don't get there enough and it's only a 20 minute show... I think we may still go to AK, but maybe just for the general evening thing. Who knows?

Thank you @OhioStateBuckeye for the update in the title!

I'm disappointed the preview parties were cancelled, but I guess I'm not really surprised. I head home on the 19th, so a preview would be my only chance.

So true!

I actually have a FP+ for the 6pm Festival of the Lion Kong show on 4/24 in which it states the park closes at 6:30 but this morning I noticed they added a 7pm show but park still shows as closing at 6:30. So it looks like they are gradually working on stuff.
Wonder if this is the case for other dates as well. Would love to see people post on this for other dates.

I can see out to June 4 and the last FotLK is 6:30-6:50 and the last Safari FP is 6:30-7:30. It says the park is closing at 8pm that night. I'm seeing 8pm closing starting June 1st.

bummer about the preview parties. we have a 5:50 reservation at tusker house on 4/15, so timing was just right to extend the day there. i did find it odd that the rumors quoted $100pp for the more exclusive premiere, and then a week later we hear about MK's rumored evening and morning events at $150pp offering much less to see/do than the AK premiere parties would have had.

I recall reading somewhere that nocturnal animals may be the focus of the sunset safaris.
this is not the case.
The animals will be the same ones that are out during the day, they screens that have been added will give the savanna a perpetual sunset for a couple of hours (most likely until around 10pm or 11pm) The trucks will have a bit of a different route and stop a bit longer, sometimes turning on the safari truck's lights to see the animals better.

this is not the case.
The animals will be the same ones that are out during the day, they screens that have been added will give the savanna a perpetual sunset for a couple of hours (most likely until around 10pm or 11pm) The trucks will have a bit of a different route and stop a bit longer, sometimes turning on the safari truck's lights to see the animals better.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew I had read about some new nocturnal animals. .http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8ca3...-kingdom-night-safari-and-show-start-april-22 I did not know about the 'perpetual sunset', so cool!

this is not the case.
I'm sure the animals who are used to relaxing during this time are going to be thrilled to be under the spotlight so to speak.

I'm sure the animals who are used to relaxing during this time are going to be thrilled to be under the spotlight so to speak.
I agree, there are talks at AK about the well being of them and the people in charge of their care insist they should be fine.....it'll be interesting to see their behavior during the early morning safari in the days that follow

I agree, there are talks at AK about the well being of them and the people in charge of their care insist they should be fine.....it'll be interesting to see their behavior during the early morning safari in the days that follow
I hope they dont end up getting stressed out and start attacking the vehicle :crazy2:

this is not the case.
Except for hyenas. They will switch out the painted dogs for the hyenas at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter