Official ( No Spoiler) Bachelorette Thread ~Kaitlyn Gets The Vote!

should I change the thread title? closing the poll after 7 days

• No Spoilers Please!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Gimme Those Spoilers!

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other (adding links etc., just no spoilers directly in the thread)

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't mind seeing Jared as the next Bachelor. Even if he was Team Britt when this thing started.

I think this is the worst season I've ever seen. She's awkward, has low self-esteem. The men are boring, yawn, and the focus on sex is gross. We've known others have caved in to sex before. They are shoving it in our faces, over and over again. If they don't get rid of this issue next season, I'll be getting 2 hours a week of my life back.

Discussion about last night's episode was on the news I watched this morning. They said that the best part of watching the Bachelorette was trying to decide which guy will be the next bachelor. They think Joe right now.

Where is everyone? She's dismissing Joe (is that his name?). I think it was his hair?

:laughing: And I thought I was the only one who thought that!

I've never noticed Ben H. before. Where did he come from? :laughing:

He came in a side door while everyone was focussed on Nick.

:rolleyes1

It's interesting that Shaun uses the exact same terminology that Chris Harrison & Kaitlyn used in referring to her having sex, that Kaitlyn had "off camera time" with Nick.

You're right. Didn't pay it attention at the time, but.... hmmm.....

Her rap career.. :crazy2:

:lmao:

I think it's down to Shawn & Nick and Ben was chosen for her by the producers as he will be the next Bachelor. No waaaay is a guy who just wants to spend the overnite with her just talking going to win her over. :p

Did you see her face when he said he just wants to talk?
"What? No sex? What's with that!?!?"

I really wanted Ben Z to stick around - he was nice. The way he got teary and upset over the fake funeral was sad and it was cruel to send him on that date when others could have been picked. Some sensitivity would have been nice.

Ah, yes. This show is renowned for its sensitivity.

Every time Nick is on camera I cringe. He covers his mouth about 90% of the time he speaks. And everything is "amazing"...even the jail cell fantasy suite. What do these girls see in him?:crazy2:

Every time Nick is on camera I cringe. He covers his mouth about 90% of the time he speaks. And everything is "amazing"...even the jail cell fantasy suite. What do these girls see in him?:crazy2:

That's what I keep asking myself. I just don't get it. Yuck.

I can actually see what the Bachelorettes see in Nick. He is handsome (in his Leprechaun way), he's smooth, he's funny, goofy, can poke fun at him self and most importantly he's intense with his attention and makes them feel like the only ones in the world. That doesn't mean that I particularly *like* Nick, but I see him as more of a match for Kaitlyn every week.

Could you all remind me - does she have a career outside of acting?

She is a hairdresser. Lol remember that poor guys hair :tongue:

I don't think I could watch if Jared was the bachelor I agree he looks like a weasel, does not know how to shave, and has a terrible hair cut.

I can't believe you guys don't like Ben H. Maybe I just like the nice guy. I would not mind Shawn as the bachelor, at least I find him attractive.

Ben H seems more like a producer pick than Kaitlyn's pick. To me, it seems obvious that this is the Nick and Shawn show. Someone has to be F3....but I'm not sure Kaitlyn was really liking anyone other than Nick and Shawn. The two seem so different though.

I really dislike Nick. He is so contrived and manipulative. :crazy2:

Gee, then he's perfect for Kaitlyn. I've never seen a more immature bachelorette. Am I suddently showing my age (more than twice hers) or is she much to immature to even think of marriage?

I can actually see what the Bachelorettes see in Nick. He is handsome (in his Leprechaun way), he's smooth, he's funny, goofy, can poke fun at him self and most importantly he's intense with his attention and makes them feel like the only ones in the world. That doesn't mean that I particularly *like* Nick, but I see him as more of a match for Kaitlyn every week.
ITA....and hey, if she chooses Nick, she saved the next girl from him lol

Discussion about last night's episode was on the news I watched this morning. They said that the best part of watching the Bachelorette was trying to decide which guy will be the next bachelor. They think Joe right now.

Nah, I don't think Joe would get it. He's not super handsome (I called him the caveman) and he came across as a sore loser when Kaitlin told him that she just wasn't that into him.

I think Nick or Shawn might be the next bachelor. They might like to see a "villain" (Nick) in the Bachelor spot or see what a hot emotional mess Shawn would be. I don't think Jared is handsome enough and is too positive/nice about everything.

I think she deserves Nick. Ben was such a sweetheart and while Shaun is having a tough time dealing with the setup of the show, he does seem to be a good guy.

I told my DH last night while watching the show that I miss the days when the Bachelorette was a lady (or at least appeared so on screen) and not a girl looking to "get her field plowed" by every guy in sight.

Ah, yes. This show is renowned for its sensitivity.

Just like the time they made Emily go race car driving with Brad, after her deceased fiance had been one. :rolleyes1

Ben H seems more like a producer pick than Kaitlyn's pick. To me, it seems obvious that this is the Nick and Shawn show.

::yes::

ITA....and hey, if she chooses Nick, she saved the next girl from him lol

:thumbsup2 Jared dodged a bullet. (And so will Ben H. next week - assuming she doesn't pick him after he doesn't sleep with her on their overnite. :p)

I'm going to give him a pass. He just told her that he loved her and she dumped her and asked for a freaking hug. I would be furious and say a few choice words too.
I agree. He tried to take it as well as he could, and then she totally ran over him. Then when he tried to let her go as calmly as possible... she was like "Are you upset with meeeee?" and "Give meeee a hug!"

Such self serving BS. Sorry, but that is. It was all about making Kaitlyn feel better. He must not have acted up off screen, because they would have shown it after that.

And when he kept kissing her and telling her he's falling in love with her, she should have stopped it right away, instead of letting him go on like that. She knew as soon as he leaned in that he's not the one.

Yep.

No way should she have been going on like that.

Ben who is TOTALLY not a virgin.

TOTALLY. ;)

It seemed like the Fantasy Night Dates were supposed to be for spending off camera time together, for as long as people wanted. I guess that was when the franchise was still "innocent". From what I have read, that has really, really changed over the past several years and ABC is open about what goes on there. They used to not provide ANYTHING for protection, now they make sure that protection is plentiful - way before the Fantasy Nights. A few girls from previous seasons have blogs up, and say that it was well known it was happening even on earlier seasons of the show. Kaitlyn and Andi's shows have just brought it up more and more. Juan Pablo (sp?) too. Others have said that if a lead asked for 1-on-1 time with any of the girls (or guys) at any time, if the contestant was up for the time, they provided it.

Interesting. Thanks.

I've heard Andi is writing a book about it all.

Did you see her face when he said he just wants to talk?
"What? No sex? What's with that!?!?"

Yes, I saw. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

She looked horrified. :laughing:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know. I know most people saw it as Ben being __________. But it seemed very strange to me. Strange that he felt the need to state it really. Honestly, I imagined him out on the prairie and Nellie Oleson was right around the corner eavesdropping on him.

(that's not a knock on virtue - just his ways in general - I know most see him as a nice guy - I find him robotic or almost Stepford Wife like at times)

Nah, I don't think Joe would get it. He's not super handsome (I called him the caveman) and he came across as a sore loser when Kaitlin told him that she just wasn't that into him.

I just think it was very poorly handled. It wasn't the place, after that conversation. I honestly think to leave it to the rose ceremony would have been more sensitive for him and that situation.

Man, this is going to seem like such a male bashing statement. I'm sorry in advance. But Jared, I had no idea that a man like that existed. I can't quite state that without seeming like a huge insult to a man. Sorry. :laughing:

Still like Kaitlyn. Yes probably alone I know. I don't find her remotely fake or self-absorbed.

Last edited:
Yep.

No way should she have been going on like that.

TOTALLY. ;)

Interesting. Thanks.

I've heard Andi is writing a book about it all.

Yes, I saw. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

She looked horrified. :laughing:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know. I know most people saw it as Ben being __________. But it seemed very strange to me. Strange that he felt the need to state it really. Honestly, I imagined him out on the prairie and Nellie Oleson was right around the corner eavesdropping on him.

(that's not a knock on virtue - just his ways in general)

I just think it was very poorly handled. It wasn't the place, after that conversation. I honestly think to leave it to the rose ceremony would have been more sensitive for him and that situation.

Man, this is going to seem like such a male bashing statement. I'm sorry in advance. But Jared, I had no idea that a man like that existed. I can't quite state that without seeming like a huge insult to a man. Sorry. :laughing:

Still like Kaitlyn. Yes probably alone I know. I don't find her remotely fake or self-absorbed.

Not alone in liking her..to me she is at least not pretending to be someone she's not. I know the public expects a certain demeanor, ( and it sure couldn't hurt) but she is who she is. I think Nick is the closest of the contestants in matching personality , goals etc. They do seem to just click. That said, she prob won't pick him , lol.

I didn't even remember that he was team Britt. What about Ben H.? Was he team Britt too?

I don't remember about Ben H. Jared just stood out to me because in all of his interviews, he was all about Britt. And within a few weeks, he was falling in love with Kaitlyn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter