Official (not really, but we'll pretend) KOTS club signup

We had originally planned to surprize our boys with another Disney Cruise, but when the military discounts came out for WDW its was a much better deal at a much longer stay. WIN WIN situation. So keeping it a secret has been hard. Specially with family that keep talking about it LOL.

We are telling the boys we are going to visit DH's mom in Texas and its not so fun there (not much to do where she lives), so they are not looking forward to "VACATION". But when we get up that am to fly out, I will tell them to put on a certain shirt and it will have something like My parents surprized me with a trip to WDW. (hopefully they will not be disapointed its not another cruise since they LOVED THAT)

My teenage daughters think we are going to my sister's house for Christmas. Well, we are going to be with my sister and her family, but at Disneyworld!!:cool1: :thumbsup2

We leave in 27 days!! My four kids do not even have a clue. It is driving me crazy not telling them but it is going to be so worth it. Any suggestions on how I should tell them? They are 8,6,5,3 this will be our second trip, my mom and little brother are coming with us, so that in itself will be a huge surprise.
Sabrina

It has taken me a while to get all the way through this thread, but I am so excited that I found it. We are going to WDW for the first time this Sept. It will be me, DH, DD6, DS3(will be 4), my mom and my dad. My DH, however, thinks that we are going to DL as we had originally planned. He has no idea that in March, I completely changed our entire trip. My kids don't technically know either, but they are too small to even know there is a difference between DL and WDW, especially since DS has never been to either and DD has only been to DL and was 16 months at the time. It has been absolutely killing me that I cannot talk to DH about WDW!! There are actually times that it hits me and I have to keep from saying out loud "We are going to WDW!!" I do say it when he is not around because it seems so surreal to me that we are actually going. I never thought I would ever be able to take my kids to WDW. And now I get to take my kids, my DH, and my parents. Well, sort of, they are paying for themselves.

I wanted to keep all of my plans a secret from everyone, but I caved a few weeks ago and told my mom what ADRs I wanted to try for. The men are going to get to golf, but we are not telling them when or where until the night before. My DH will just think that he is golfing in Long Beach which was the original plan, and we will have to tell my dad the night before we leave because we are taking their clubs and it is pretty hard to hide those. I have tickets for MNSSHP, but no one will know about those until the night before the party. I am so excited I could burst. I might be here a lot in the next 116 days to release my excitement since I can't talk about it a lot in my 'real' life. Sorry so long.

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! :yay:

We leave 8/1 and will be at WDW 8/2-8/7. We have been talking about a trip for a while so I know some of the things they want to do this time around. But, I told them it just wasn't in the budget for us this year. (It really wouldn't have been if I hadn't gotten such a great deal!) :rolleyes1

So, here's my plan. They will be at their dad's the week before we leave. I will have that time, alone, to pack everything up and make last minute preps. I am making car door magnets that say "Surprise! We're going to Disney!" and, when I pick them up from their dad's the car will already be packed!

I also plan to videotape as they will never believe it since I told them we couldn't this year! :cloud9:

I also got ressies at CRT and CM (both of which were booked up last time) so I am also printing invitations for those to leave in the room the morning of each ressie.

I am busy making outfits now and getting so excited. I only have to keep the secret for 2 months- I don't know how some of you do it for 6 months or a year! :scared1:

It has taken me a while to get all the way through this thread, but I am so excited that I found it. We are going to WDW for the first time this Sept. It will be me, DH, DD6, DS3(will be 4), my mom and my dad. My DH, however, thinks that we are going to DL as we had originally planned. He has no idea that in March, I completely changed our entire trip. My kids don't technically know either, but they are too small to even know there is a difference between DL and WDW, especially since DS has never been to either and DD has only been to DL and was 16 months at the time. It has been absolutely killing me that I cannot talk to DH about WDW!! There are actually times that it hits me and I have to keep from saying out loud "We are going to WDW!!" I do say it when he is not around because it seems so surreal to me that we are actually going. I never thought I would ever be able to take my kids to WDW. And now I get to take my kids, my DH, and my parents. Well, sort of, they are paying for themselves.

I wanted to keep all of my plans a secret from everyone, but I caved a few weeks ago and told my mom what ADRs I wanted to try for. The men are going to get to golf, but we are not telling them when or where until the night before. My DH will just think that he is golfing in Long Beach which was the original plan, and we will have to tell my dad the night before we leave because we are taking their clubs and it is pretty hard to hide those. I have tickets for MNSSHP, but no one will know about those until the night before the party. I am so excited I could burst. I might be here a lot in the next 116 days to release my excitement since I can't talk about it a lot in my 'real' life. Sorry so long.

How fun!!! At least you can celebrate here on the DIS! When in Sept are you going? We'll be there around 9/15-27 (give or take a couple of days). We surprised our kids a couple of years ago...too fun! We're trying to surprise them some this year, too!

We will be there the 18th -27th. I can't wait.

OK, here is my latest craziness that I have cooked up. I have been panicked over how on earth I was going to get up at 5 AM on a Sat to make a phone call without DH asking if I have officially lost my mind. I think I have it, but it sounds absolutely crazy...lol. My alarm is set for 4:40 AM everyday to get up for work. So my plan is that I will "forget" to turn my alarm off. So after it goes off, I will say some very un-Disney words (have to make it realistic) and then turn it off. Then a couple minutes later (and I'm sure DH will be asleep by then anyway) I will get up to use the bathroom. We have a masterbath in our bedroom, but when DH is sleeping, I always use the one at the other end of the house so that won't raise any flags. I will proceed to the other side of the house, but instead of going into the bathroom, I will go in to the garage and get into my Jeep where my list of ADRs and backups (which I will print out and hide the night before) will be waiting for me. I will take the house phone and my cell phone. This way, I will not risk waking one of my family members up. I just hope I don't have to explain to DH (or my kids) why the crazy lady is hiding in her Jeep at 5 AM with two phones.........:confused3

and a KOTS once more. I couldn't believe this thread is still open. I posted on the first page in Jan 2007. Now, I am a member again:thumbsup2

We will be there the 18th -27th. I can't wait.

OK, here is my latest craziness that I have cooked up. I have been panicked over how on earth I was going to get up at 5 AM on a Sat to make a phone call without DH asking if I have officially lost my mind. I think I have it, but it sounds absolutely crazy...lol. My alarm is set for 4:40 AM everyday to get up for work. So my plan is that I will "forget" to turn my alarm off. So after it goes off, I will say some very un-Disney words (have to make it realistic) and then turn it off. Then a couple minutes later (and I'm sure DH will be asleep by then anyway) I will get up to use the bathroom. We have a masterbath in our bedroom, but when DH is sleeping, I always use the one at the other end of the house so that won't raise any flags. I will proceed to the other side of the house, but instead of going into the bathroom, I will go in to the garage and get into my Jeep where my list of ADRs and backups (which I will print out and hide the night before) will be waiting for me. I will take the house phone and my cell phone. This way, I will not risk waking one of my family members up. I just hope I don't have to explain to DH (or my kids) why the crazy lady is hiding in her Jeep at 5 AM with two phones.........:confused3

:lmao: OMG I got a giggle out of this! I had a vision of a women in PJ's and a robe sitting in the car with a cell phone, list and a flashlight!! LOL!!

I am an official KOTS too! We are going in January and it's suprise for my kiddos! We're planning on telling them on christmas!

Our plans changed just a little. We had planned on telling the kids that we were going to visit their Aunt in Florida but she sent her kids up here this summer. My DD got very close with her cousin and I have a feeling it would be wrong to tell her that and then her not be able to see him. So at this point I don't know how to surprise them. :confused:

:lmao: OMG I got a giggle out of this! I had a vision of a women in PJ's and a robe sitting in the car with a cell phone, list and a flashlight!! LOL!!

I am an official KOTS too! We are going in January and it's suprise for my kiddos! We're planning on telling them on christmas!

With online ADRs officially opening just days before my ADR day, my plan changed a little. Instead of 5 AM, I had to be up at 4 AM to hit the keyboard. I couldn't think of a good plan, so I told DH the truth (sort of.) That I was getting up really early to make reservations for a princess dinner that I really wanted to take DD to and it was really hard to get reservations so I had to get up early. Luckily for me, DH practically goes into a coma when I mention Disney, so he never questions anything I tell him (partly because he stops listening after hearing "Disney".)

I will say that it has gotten easier to keep the secret. The first few weeks, I thought for sure that I would burst with excitement at any second. I have since settled down and I don't (always) have the urge to scream "I'm going to Disney World" from the rooftops. I'm sure it will get really hard again as we get closer. 55 more days to go!!!

I am finding it harder to keep the secrest the closer we get,I feel like I need a support group for this.LOL We leave in 17 days & arrive in WDW in 21 days. It's me My mom & DD's 3 & 6. I have the girls convinced we are going to our family reunion in upstate NY where there is nothing to do for 2 weeks. The older one is not happy at all. We are driving and stopping to visit family in Myrtle beach on the way for a few days. I am going to have a picture of her playing on the beach at CBR from 2 years ago made into a puzzle and give her a couple pieces an hour to start out. I think she will guess WDW when she puts the puzzle together but by that time we should be pulling int othe beach. At that point I'm gonna tell her I'm sorry to tease her but that was the only beach picture I had to use & after we are done at the beach for a few days we are really going to the family reunion. We will then get in the car early sat. morning & head to WDW. We are staying off site the first night so she might not figure it out. Sunday morning after breakfast we will drive to Pop & check in. I have almost spilled the beans many times. I even joked with her & told her we should skip the reunion & go to WDW,she almost cried & said I was being mean & teasing her. Litttle does she know. Good luck everyone.

DH & I are surprising DS11 & DS6 with a trip in November. I have no idea how I am going to keep my big mouth shut for three more months! I am dying to tell them, but I know the surprise will be awesome! I don't know how I am going to tell them yet. I want to wait until we are leaving for the airport.

Ok I was so excited to find this forum. My mom has decided to take me and my son to DW in September (and we'll get the free dining) (poor hubby has to stay home and take care of the pets and homes, no vacation time). Our son is 9 and this will be his first trip to DW, plus he'll get to miss a week of school. So we are trying to keep this a secret from him but he heard us discussing DW the other day and said "Oh I don't want to go there it's for babies." WHAT? So we talked about what DW had that was for bigger kids. Then he says, "But it is such a long drive, busch gardens is closer." So I begin to tell him some of the stuff that is at DW and he begins to get interested. When I tell him about Star War Tours - he was sold. I said well maybe next summer we can go, once we save up some money. I also have showed him the planning DVD - he has high functioning autism and I really need to get him prepared for the trip. On the drive to DW (11 hours) I hope to have small gifts for him to open that will give him clues to where we are going - maybe every hour or so. I am hoping that will stop the are we there yet questions. As we get closer to DW the gifts will be more disney related. I have gotten him pins to trade and the Mickey Pal Interactive. I am really excited and hope to keep this a secret for 48 more days. Any gift ideas? I am thinking disposable camera, autograph book, fanny pack......

Cool thread! Sign me up!

We are about a month away from surprising our kids and I have kept my mouth shut! (practically a miracle when it comes to WDW!). Yesterday I got the luggage tags and stuff in the mail and it was addressed to the family ATTN (insert my 13 y/o daughters name here). Why?!? I was so glad I got to the mailbox first.

We have a few ideas on how to tell them. We may tell them we are driving to a beach area in SC. Then when we get close just tell them something like You know, I'm really not in the mood for the beach why don't we keep on driving down to WDW? They will also be surprised when they find out our neighbors will be there at the same time. Fun fun!

Hoping it goes well... We just got another "surprise" this week when my DH tore his meniscus in his knee! Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Luckily for me, DH practically goes into a coma when I mention Disney, so he never questions anything I tell him (partly because he stops listening after hearing "Disney".)

I will say that it has gotten easier to keep the secret. The first few weeks, I thought for sure that I would burst with excitement at any second. I have since settled down and I don't (always) have the urge to scream "I'm going to Disney World" from the rooftops. I'm sure it will get really hard again as we get closer. 55 more days to go!!!

This is SOO me!! Dh would get a glazed look whenever I said the "D" word! It's harder when it's a secret because I had to wait until the kids were in bed so I could talk about it ...and I could talk about Disney Planning 24/7 !!:lmao:
It was so unreal because I thought we'd never be able to go but it was really, actually happening!!

I haven't stopped since we got back! :rotfl2: 3 months later I am planning the next trip and I am just as excited as the first time!! (well, now I have so much more to plan thanks to the Dis!!) :thumbsup2

My kids are so gullible!! :rotfl: They are currently DS8pirate:, DS5pirate:, and DD2princess:.

Every year we have gone on a big summer vacation to Disney, usually right before school starts in the fall. We go on other shorter vacations as well during the year. Every year, I don't tell them that we are going to Disney, but they really should be able to put together the clues because they are so ridiculously obvious.

Normally we fly, but this year we are driving because me and my husband don't have very much work for our jobs. We are taking a 2 1/2 week vacation and seeing tons of things! My kids are just stumped because we always fly to Disney, and they can't get it out of their heads that maybe driving there would be an option. :sad2:

The last 10 days are at Disney. The kids are stumped because they know we are going on vacation, but they also no we aren't flying (which we've always done before to get to Orlando).

DD2 is "The Vault". I tell her everything. She has a limited vocabularly, so what she does tell doesn't clue her brothers into anything.

Here are the not so subtle tipoffs that should have caused DD8 and DD5 to figure this out by now:
1. We go every August.
2. We went to the Disney Store last weekend to try on princess dresses so I could figure out what size to order for DD2 (after years of boys.....yes I am enjoying this very much).
3. We've watched every Disney planning DVD that we have many times this summer (trying to get DD2 familiar with the parks and characters so that she isn't overloaded when we get there).
4. We keep watching the Disneyland Sing Along Songs video (for the same reason).
5. We go every August.
6. The "Disney Bag" is already sitting on the floor in my bedroom. This is a DVC bag that contains the squirt bottles, pins and lanyards, and our other stuff we only use at Disney.
7. New matching Disney shirts just came in the mail from the Disney store (we buy new ones every year).
8. We go every August.
9. My DD5 begged to know....so I told him we were going to the beach. We actually are for a couple days only near the beginning of the trip...but then we are going to the Beach Club. I told him to keep it a secret!!
10. My DD8 couldn't stand knowing that DD5 knew "the secret" so he said he wanted to know too and could keep it from Daddy. So I told him we were going to the mountains. Again, we actually are spending a couple days in the Great Smoky Mountains, but obviously that is followed by some time at the "other" Disney Mountains.
11. Of course, neither of the boys are actually capable of keeping a secret, so they slipped and now they each know what the other was told, resulting in some humorous arguments about what we really are doing. Then they say that I'm lying to them, so I'll say...."okay you caught me, we are really going on safari"......but given they've already heard the mountains, beach and now safari they just really don't believe me anymore. So then DD8 says he wants to go to China, and I just say "okay".
12. Did I mention that we go to Disney every August????

Seriously....they should know by now and they probably will become convinced that it's Disney at some point. But by then we will be driving on our way (with the new Disney princess costume and pin lanyards in one of the bags), to the mountains and the beach where they will realize that I wasn't lying to them.:laughing: :rotfl2::rotfl:

This is such a great thread!

I'm a KOTS too! 27 day until the reveal! we are going with my sister's family as well.....my niece has told my kids she is going to WDW....I've told them well...she's 4, she knows she's going "someday"!!!

Won't they be surprised!!!!:banana:

I am a KOTS...and its killing me!!!!! We are surprising my oldest dd,12, with a trip to WDW for her 13th bday! I am racking my brain thinking of ways to "reveal" but have gotten several good ideas from here!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter