• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

For the people doing the Christmas party, are you planning a second evening at MK to see Happily Ever After? I was planning to do the party, and then two mornings at MK, but now I'm wondering how different the party fireworks are from HEA? Should I rearrange my plans to add a second evening at MK?

Absolutely! We have seen neither, and I am greatly looking forward to both of them!

Where is the best place off site for a Thanksgiving meal traditional and non traditional it can also be off property.

I read a really good review on Trails End. I'm not sure if it was a Thanksgiving trip or if they just happen to have a lot of traditional Thanksgiving foods. I think it may have been one of @ariane37 reports. Maybe she can chime in.

For the people doing the Christmas party, are you planning a second evening at MK to see Happily Ever After? I was planning to do the party, and then two mornings at MK, but now I'm wondering how different the party fireworks are from HEA? Should I rearrange my plans to add a second evening at MK?

Hi we are doing MVMCP and then another night in the MK to see HEA.. I also am planning 2 night in HS as we want to see Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and Fantasmic. I am hoping to get the RoL dining package if they ever release it for the AK and we have 2 nights to catch Illuminations and see the Storytellers around the world. (our travel dates are 11/23 - 12/2)

Our FP window opens up next week and I'm getting nervous! I have been using Touringplans to map out what rides to do when just to give us a basic idea of times and order. My kids have told me some things they want to do but not everything so I'm just hoping I can squeeze in things as needed. I am worried I'll get FPs at the wrong times or won't be able to get ones I need, etc. We are only doing 1 park each day and don't have hoppers so I kind of need to get it right. Yikes!

Also, for our AK day, what do you all think of trying to get a FP for FOP later in the day and doing NRJ after that as standby? Are the lines for NRJ long after lunch?

Ho many park days do to have? If you have 2 MK days and 1 each for the others you're visiting, you should be just fine. The single best piece of advice I can offer if your worried is to be at the parks before they open and then use the first 90 minutes for touring (not shopping and snacking). Better yet, have an actual touring plan and follow it in the morning. We use them just so we have a plan of attach and not cross-cross too many times. We have more spontaneous touring in the afternoons to do whatever everyone wants and ride things that don't have horrible standby lines. As far as worrying about your fastpasses,there isn't a "wrong time". Many of us prefer late morning to early afternoon since we might be able to get a 4th fast pass after that. For NRJ, we plan on just watching the app and hopping in line when standby drops to something we are willing to wait in. Good luck!

Where is the best place off site for a Thanksgiving meal traditional and non traditional it can also be off property.
Hi! Yes we did Trails End for Thanksgiving last year and we all loved it-myself, DH, and our boys then 11 & 14. They always have some traditional T-day items on their dinner buffet but amp it up for the holiday and everything was SO good! They were running behind though so we had a bit of a wait....... Liberty Tree Tavern will have a very traditional meal but will probably be hard to get at this point. I've heard great things about Boma's Thanksgiving buffet and we love their regular dinner buffet. For the holiday they have their normal items and usually add traditional foods :)

Thanks to everyone who gave recommendations regarding the Christmas party and Happily Ever After. I just adjusted my plans to add another night at MK so that we don't miss HEA ! Whew, glad I figured that out before Fast Pass time (which is 10 days away OMG!)

I have been planning this trip for 3 years now, I can't believe it's almost here!

I'm so glad I found this thread! My fp reservation date is coming up soon so I'm in full out planning mode!
I've never been in November so I have a couple of questions for those of you who have. How bad is jersey week, just so I can have an idea? I've been during Columbus Day weekend and in mid June and neither seemed awful. I've heard mixed things.
Also, I'm most likely doing the Christmas party, but is it really worth it? I love Christmas in the parks so I'm leaning towards yes, just trying to persuade the rest of my party :)

Our trip is all set and just have to wait. Going from November 24th to Dec 1st. Been to WDW so many times but in the late Spring early summer. We are going this year to take in all of the Christmas magic.
This will be our first trip to visit the mouse just as a couple since 1990. We have been many times with the kids but they are grown up now and have yet to produce grandchildren to spoil at the world.
Saturday and maybe Sunday we will be avoiding the parks and just resort hop to take in the decorations and shop at Disney Springs.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I found this thread! My fp reservation date is coming up soon so I'm in full out planning mode!
I've never been in November so I have a couple of questions for those of you who have. How bad is jersey week, just so I can have an idea? I've been during Columbus Day weekend and in mid June and neither seemed awful. I've heard mixed things.
Also, I'm most likely doing the Christmas party, but is it really worth it? I love Christmas in the parks so I'm leaning towards yes, just trying to persuade the rest of my party :)
Jersey week is no big deal IMO. Just like any other week, go in with a good plan and you'll be fine. We love that week for the great weather, F&W at Epcot, and MVMCP. We love the party! We don't really care about the special characters, we just go for the short ride lines, treats, parade, and festive atmosphere.

Off topic question but Why does New Jersey get a discounted week and not other states?

It's my understanding that it is called Jersey week because the students and teachers have a long weekend the first week in November every year. It is somewhat of a tradition to go to Disney during this time. I don't think they get any special discounts.

It's my understanding that it is called Jersey week because the students and teachers have a long weekend the first week in November every year. It is somewhat of a tradition to go to Disney during this time. I don't think they get any special discounts.
Yep, that's right

Ho many park days do to have? If you have 2 MK days and 1 each for the others you're visiting, you should be just fine. The single best piece of advice I can offer if your worried is to be at the parks before they open and then use the first 90 minutes for touring (not shopping and snacking). Better yet, have an actual touring plan and follow it in the morning. We use them just so we have a plan of attach and not cross-cross too many times. We have more spontaneous touring in the afternoons to do whatever everyone wants and ride things that don't have horrible standby lines. As far as worrying about your fastpasses,there isn't a "wrong time". Many of us prefer late morning to early afternoon since we might be able to get a 4th fast pass after that. For NRJ, we plan on just watching the app and hopping in line when standby drops to something we are willing to wait in. Good luck!

Thanks! We are spending a day at the Wizarding World in Universal so only have 1 day at each park this time. My kids aren't into the princesses anymore and I have several character meals planned so hopefully we won't have to do more than a few character meets so that should help with time. We have a PPO BOG for our MK day so that should help some too. I'm pretty happy with the touring plans I have created but I have several versions and I don't know how accurate the wait times will be.

I always thought they also got a small discount. Guess I misread. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter