*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

Well I'll shill for Etsy ears! :D

All the ones below I've gotten from Etsy (probably posted already, sorry) - some were for our 2017 trip, some were for the ill-fated 2020 trip and now they are all coming for October 2021! They are cheaper than the ones you get at Disney and not as cushy in the actual ear part, but super cute and well made! I don't buy from one particular shop, I just looked around and saw a pair I loved.

Honestly though, those headbands I posted above are what I'll likely wear most. I wear ears once a park, but then that's it because they start to bother me or get in the way, have to take them off on some rides...

View attachment 567875
I love Etsy for almost all of my Disney accessories. I had to create a wall hanging/decor for all my ears and bows. We change bows on a plan light weight pair of ears too, which is nice bcuz some ears can get heavy.
I also bought shoe clips so I can Disney up my shoes. I buy shirts, leggings, bracelets, earrings, apple watch bands... I may have an addiction...
Sorry, :offtopic: back to topic...

We are extra magically special since we turn 50 in 2021 with WDW. :) I felt since I was there for my 50th, it only made sense to be there for WDW 50th.

Now I need to go post in July since we are throwing together a quick stop in the World after a week beach stay. 🏖:earsgirl:

WDW is 10 years older than me, but it's cool celebrating a milestone the same year as my happy place! I am going next month for that.

Do you have any suggestions for watch bands on Etsy? I'm still gonna be the dork wearing my magic band on my other wrist, but I would love to have some cute Disney themed options for my watch especially with Magic Mobile being a thing.

WDW is 10 years older than me, but it's cool celebrating a milestone the same year as my happy place! I am going next month for that.

Do you have any suggestions for watch bands on Etsy? I'm still gonna be the dork wearing my magic band on my other wrist, but I would love to have some cute Disney themed options for my watch especially with Magic Mobile being a thing.
I just search for Disney apple watch bands on there. Sooo many options.

I am a dork with both apple watch and magic band as well. Had matching "watch" arm tans from March. 🤷‍♀️

I feel so behind in planning...but realize planning in 2021 with having ADRs already, a FP strategy, etc. just does not happen the same way as it use to happen. And so much can/will change between now and October it would probably be lots of overthinking it and reschedules on my part.

I am sure I will still overthink it ALOT during the next few months with the 'what if' game....what if this opened, or that was open..by October. I just have
to be patient which is not something I am know for in my household!

Totally agree. I mean, I've still created my usual spreadsheet but it seems silly knowing that so much will likely change between now and then.

I feel so behind in planning...but realize planning in 2021 with having ADRs already, a FP strategy, etc. just does not happen the same way as it use to happen. And so much can/will change between now and October it would probably be lots of overthinking it and reschedules on my part.

I am sure I will still overthink it ALOT during the next few months with the 'what if' game....what if this opened, or that was open..by October. I just have
to be patient which is not something I am know for in my household!
This is EXACTLY how I feel. I literally had a "1000 IQ" moment last week when I freaked out (momentarily) that I missed my ADR window.....it took about 3 minutes before I remembered it's only 60 days now. :teacher:

I updated the listing. There were quite a few posters with not quite enough info to list. Check it out and if you see a mistake please message me.
BB code editing is baroque for me. I may use the color editor, but for now we're B&W.
Thank you!! It's great to see the long list. I hope everyone can make the trip and that we all have a magical time.

I was originally planning on being in The World for the 50th. I've changed my plans. Not really worth it to me to be there in all the crowds and chaos since I can't actually be IN the crowds and chaos of Magic Kingdom. And I wanted to stay at POFQ which looks like won't be open in 2021.

So I'm going October 5 to 16 - a nice long stay! Right now I'll most likely stay at ASMO to save some money. But POP is still an option. Even considering a Little Mermaid room at AoA...

I was originally planning on being in The World for the 50th. I've changed my plans. Not really worth it to me to be there in all the crowds and chaos since I can't actually be IN the crowds and chaos of Magic Kingdom. And I wanted to stay at POFQ which looks like won't be open in 2021.

So I'm going October 5 to 16 - a nice long stay! Right now I'll most likely stay at ASMO to save some money. But POP is still an option. Even considering a Little Mermaid room at AoA...

I get it...not everybody is crazy like us lol! Movies is fully reno'd and looks similar to Pop from what I saw so unless you really want the Skyliner it seems like a good option to save money.

I get it...not everybody is crazy like us lol! Movies is fully reno'd and looks similar to Pop from what I saw so unless you really want the Skyliner it seems like a good option to save money.
Oh, I'd still go if I could have gotten a reservation at MK. But I just didn't think about it until it was too late. Do you have park reservations?

That's exactly why I'm considering Movies. For a solo that Murphy bed is perfect - really leaves me a lot of room. My very first WDW stay (2008) was at Movies and I loved the place.

Oh, I'd still go if I could have gotten a reservation at MK. But I just didn't think about it until it was too late. Do you have park reservations?

Yeah, we booked CR that weekend as soon as it was available and had our TA put placeholder tickets solely so we could get park reservations because I knew MK would sell out quick. Really glad we did that!

My cousin and I will be at Poly 9/30- 10/4. I booked my Mk reservation for the 1st a while ago but my cousin didn't have tickets yet. I checked several times a day for weeks and was able to get her one as well. Don't give up. I also really think that we will see more availability as time goes on.

I give props to all willing to brave the crowds on October 1st, but that’s not me or my mom. All those people would stress me out. We arrive October 12th for a 12 day split stay between Pop and Yacht Club, both new resorts for us. So excited!

One of the reasons we decided to stay at CR just for that weekend was if it got TOO nuts, we could beat feet to get home quick lol. But also because of the history of the place, having its own anniversary the same time, and neither of us have ever stayed there.

You will love YC, I am staying there for the first time next month but I have stayed at BC before and it's such a lovely resort. Crescent Lake resorts are so ridiculously convenient during all the Epcot festivals but especially Food & Wine which tends to draw bigger crowds.

One of the reasons we decided to stay at CR just for that weekend was if it got TOO nuts, we could beat feet to get home quick lol. But also because of the history of the place, having its own anniversary the same time, and neither of us have ever stayed there.

You will love YC, I am staying there for the first time next month but I have stayed at BC before and it's such a lovely resort. Crescent Lake resorts are so ridiculously convenient during all the Epcot festivals but especially Food & Wine which tends to draw bigger crowds.
We usually stay moderate, but wanted to splurge a little given that we had no vacation at all for a couple of years. I decided on Yacht Club due to its proximity to two parks. We love Food & Wine, so being so close will be great. I had considered the Contemporary, but kept going back to Yacht Club or Beach Club. We ate there on a trip a few years ago and loved it.

CSR is almost full and now the Tower rooms are starting to fill up. I'm not too worried as hotels always seem to be booked up in October, but whenever we go and I see people complaining about how awful the crowds are, it never seems that bad to us! But I did tell my sister who is meeting us to be prepared for crowds!

I'm trying to find a good time to go to dinner at Wine Bar George. It's hard, not knowing what parks hours will be. I almost want to go on arrival day when it's still just Micky and I. We can eat early, around 4 and then go to Epcot for the night...

Sept 28 to Oct 3rd
Slapshot1188
Swan

Big year here as wife turns 50 this summer , and our 25th anniversary and Disney World's 50th are just days apart!!
So after some discussion about going back to our Honeymoon site or other places, we agreed it just had to be Disney. It helps that 2 of 3 kids are in nearby colleges (UCF and Florida Poly)

It's been about 5 years since our last trip and this will be the first time with no kids. Normally we would be booked and have fastpasses and ADRs planned. It feels weird to just have a park reservation but who knows what will change between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter