***Official October 2023 Thread***

Woot! I finally chose and booked my hotel! 😄
Just 2 days at the parks after an unrelated event nearby... but still exciting to plan!!
As a solo adult who hasn't been to these parks since a kid and a ride wimp 😂, I'm looking to just do these rides and enjoy looking at merch, specifically Tron merch!
  • Tron
  • 7DMT
  • Space Mountain
    I'm torn on whether to try this or not... Not being able to see anything because of the darkness actually makes ride drops a bit more tolerable - such as when I recently did Space Mountain in DL in California, but then... I've heard that this in FL is much more intense than the DL version... 🤔
  • Guardians
  • Test Track
  • Frozen
  • Remy
  • Soarin
  • Figment
  • Spaceship Earth
  • 3 Calebros
  • FoP
  • Navi
  • Dinosaur
So, while Epcot is apparently everybody's least favorite park... all around... and especially for rides!... I think it will be the park I want to spend the most time in, hopefully reriding those rides, even.

Also contrary to usual and popular opinions, I have no interest in the animals / zoo aspect of AK, yet, again, I want to go and enjoy those 3 rides.

I don't mind waiting in line at all, and I'm not intersted in shows...

So, I'm thinking:
  • A morning in Epcot to EE / rope drop 7DMT
  • Wait around in MK until my Tron boarding group or ILL is called, by some combination of shopping merch / snacking / re-riding 7DMT
  • Hopefully, by Oct, I will be able to have ridden Tron before 2 pm, such that whenever I do finish Tron, I can head towards my next park: AK.
  • Once in AK, I can probably catch Dinosaur with a relatively low wait, since apparently it's not popular & often has short waits
  • Since I enjoy dinosaurs as much as the average 7 year old, I might re-ride it a few times before shopping a bit and heading towwards Pandora
  • Probably shop a little in Pandora, letting the crowds thin out a little more, and...
  • Then spend the evening waiting in standby for both FoP and Navi as many times as possible
  • Then, the entirety of the other day will be spent on rides and re-rides in Epcot!!
  • Sounds like the current Epcot strategy, coming from the main entrance, is Test Track first, then...
  • Guardians / Soarin' - whichever comes up first or shortest at the time
  • Then hiking to Frozen and Remy as fast as possible...
  • Luckily, none of the exoctic cuisine calls to me. Although, I am still contemplating whether or not to try for Space 220... On the one hand, the food and silly-factor both look good and seem appropriate for me, based on reviews, so I'd like to go. On the other hand, that's... 2 - 3 hours worth of ride / re-ride time I'd be missing... 🤔 I will probably leave the decision to fate - whether or not I can get a reservation, which... I have not had ANY luck with on past theme park trips, even with the insider knowledge of this forum, haha!
  • And then, as far as I can tell from this forum and other places, the "lesser" / older rides at Epcot can be done in any order, at any time, because the waits aren't usually horrible.
One other remaining decision is whether to try to fit in Slink Dog to my park hopping day... 🤔 On one hand, it looks like an adorable cute ride, and... it must be popular for a reason...
On the other hand... taking time away from my time in either MK or AK for *just one ride* seems... beyond silly. Because all of the other rides is HS, including the entire Galaxy's Edge area, I was lucky enough to recently experience in my time at DL in California. And, not being a Star Wars nerd, I have no need to experience it again...
Plus, then there's the "ride wimp" factor of Slinky... Yes, even that "kiddie coaster" looks to have a significant amount of air time, and so again, I consider whether or not it is worth making a trek to HS for one ride, which I may not even enjoy that much...

I love that it will be an awesome vacation no matter what decisions I make or not!

We are going October 7th-11th! It’ll be our first time going during Halloween and doing MNSSHP. We just picked out and ordered our magic bands this morning! Our two kids have no idea we are going to Disney, they think we are going to visit family (which we are after Disney). We are thinking of not telling them until we pull in Saturday to check In and see their reaction!

Happy to be joining in the October fun this year! I always seem to find my way to a Disney park during October. Funny how that always works out for me! :D🎃

We’re just doing two nights at Pop after a weeklong MSC Cruise out of Port Canaveral. I figured we would just do MNSSHP on Sunday night and fly home on Monday, but DH randomly said, “Hey, can we go to EPCOT? We haven’t been there in years.” So I took my gift cards and spent them on EPCOT tickets instead of party tickets. Which is fine because we’ve been to the Halloween party on both coasts but we’ve never experienced F&W! I saved a bunch of money on the trip this week between the Southwest sale and the Disney room discounts that just came out. Also kind of randomly excited to see Billy Ocean on our Eat to the Beat concert night! DS17 will be like, who’s that? I’m just happy to get a little bit of Disney Halloween because I absolutely love it!

Booked a trip at Fort Wilderness October 1-6. We couldn't find any RV resort reservations locally so we decided to make the 1100 mile trek to the Fort. We've never been to Disney in October and I"m excited to attend the Halloween party. Our focus this trip will be more about shows and experiences, instead of ride focused. Although my husband did say we must do Cosmic Rewind because he loves it. I can't wait.

Recently booked 10/31 to 11/1 at the BEACH CLUB!
This is my fourth Halloween at Disney World, and with the prospects of resort hopping on the afternoon/evening of 10/31 just hoping that they’ll have characters out at the resorts again like they did in 2012-2019….
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Hooray for October!! Finally convinced my brother-in-law that he has to let me take our niece and nephew to Florida! Our extended family trip (me, DH, BIL, Niece, Nephew, MIL, FIL and great aunt!) will be 10/17 - 10/24 - a combo of Universal for all things Harry Potter (splurged for Royal Pacific for unlimited express pass) and Disney offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It's been awhile since I've stayed offsite so will be interesting to plan this time around given Early Entry for onsite. Regardless, so excited to finally be bringing this crew!!

We finalized our plans: Still staying at POP Oct 28-Nov 11 then moving over to Royal Pacific for 7 nights to do Universal parks.

Purchased: 14 day Disney PH with waterparks, Universal AP

Left to purchase: MVMCP Tickets for November 10

Hey everyone!

Quick recap: I'm going with my best friend and her family (hubby and kid) and it will be our first time meeting in person after knowing each other online for ... like .. a decade? More?
Anywho, we finally figured out costumes cause the 7/8 year old had to make up her mind for costumes lol
Alice in Wonderland!! And I'm the Cheshire Cat!:ccat:
Kid will be Alice, BF will be Queen of Hearts, and I think Hubs will be the White rabbit.

Anyone else going October 6th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter