***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, twice the size of Little Mermaid's queue?

That queue feels endless to me! Especially, when it's completely empty.

I have yet to see the queue for this new line, but I'd say Soarin currently has the longest until Pandora opens

My thoughts on Pandora:

Theming is on point though it would have been nice to be "transported" to Pandora rather than just go across a bridge.

The land as a whole is really small.

FoP was down again but the que line is very well done if a tad long.

NrJ is a quiet little boat ride with no real story. A great escape from the heat though. Again the theming was great.

The food was pretty tasty. I had the rice with chicken and black bean vinaigrette and the cream cheese mousse. The iced deink from Pongu Pongu had good flavor but way too sweet.

Overall I have a feeling this will be a one-and-done for most people. The best part were the photo ops.

So I have tickets to go on May 20 to Pandora with D23. My time slot is 6 - 8 PM. Does anyone have any ideas whether or not it will be possible to ride both rides? My guess is that there aren't THAT many D23 members in the Orlando area on that specific day. I am just hoping it is not a preview for other groups as well. I am hoping to get to ride both rides. I'm worried about fitting in the banshee, but I am also worried about my husband who cannot stand in long lines because of diabetic neuropathy and having to use the bathroom so often. Do you think we will get to ride both rides in the 2 hour preview for D23?

I know. Thats my point. We're supposed to be traveling to another planet so it would have been nice to have some sort of differentiation between AK and Pandora.
There is a whole backstory just for the bridge. There is a good differentiation.

Like, twice the size of Little Mermaid's queue?

That queue feels endless to me! Especially, when it's completely empty.

Under the Seas with Nemo always feels the longest because there is never a line and you have to walk through the whole thing as all hard/fixed walls
I often FP both of those rides (while standing outside of them) just to skip the endless queue!

There is a whole backstory just for the bridge. There is a good differentiation.
Except you can stand at the head of the bridge and see Pandora. Not just the mountains but the plants. I just keep picturing the way The Seas used to be. You went on a aquavator and were transported to SeaBase Alpha. I know that wouldn't work here but I definitely didn't feel "transported" today.

So Banks Lee finally got to try and he is the first 1st person report I can find of someone not getting to ride. It appears to be an issue with leg shape and size and that what he calls shin guards prevented him from getting his leg right for it to lock. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Except you can stand at the head of the bridge and see Pandora. Not just the mountains but the plants. I just keep picturing the way The Seas used to be. You went on a aquavator and were transported to SeaBase Alpha. I know that wouldn't work here but I definitely didn't feel "transported" today.
It's kind of hard to hide something that's 156 feet high.

So Banks Lee finally got to try and he is the first 1st person report I can find of someone not getting to ride. It appears to be an issue with leg shape and size and that what he calls shin guards prevented him from getting his leg right for it to lock. Just thought I'd pass that along.
Interesting. I assume he can ride everything else at WDW?

It's kind of hard to hide something that's 156 feet high.
I kinda feel like you're not getting what Im trying to say. The "travel to Pandora" schtick is lost. It literally just feels like you're walking across a bridge to a very well themed land located on Earth. Like... bridges don't lead to outerspace. Theres nothing that makes you feel like you're traveling to a far off moon.

UGGG..I am getting so nervous that I won't be able to ride.

I kinda feel like you're not getting what Im trying to say. The "travel to Pandora" schtick is lost. It literally just feels like you're walking across a bridge to a very well themed land located on Earth. Like... bridges don't lead to outerspace. Theres nothing that makes you feel like you're traveling to a far off moon.

I did not know that Pandora is supposed to be located on the moon......There are probably lots of daft people out there (like me) who just assume (or don't care) that Avatar takes place on Earth (just over a bridge). :tilt:

I did not know that Pandora is supposed to be located on the moon......There are probably lots of daft people out there (like me) who just assume (or don't care) that Avatar takes place on Earth (just over a bridge). :tilt:
Oh I know. Im just saying that since they pushed the "travel to Pandora" thing so hard they would have at least made it seem like you were actually traveling somewhere.

No I understand what you are saying but at this current time with theme park technology you can't realistically transport someone to a different planet. That bridge is your transportation just like when Star Wars Land opens there will be a corridor that transports you there.

Oh I know. Im just saying that since they pushed the "travel to Pandora" thing so hard they would have at least made it seem like you were actually traveling somewhere.
Its all part of the theming. When you visit Diagon Alley or Hogmeade they act as if you are actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter