• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I suffer vertigo like migraines. Is flight of passage filled with a lot of movement and a lot of super spinning sensation?
No Spinning. The best way to describe it is a cross between soarin and star tours. the chair you are on is affixed to the ground and inside a circle thing. The whole ground goes up and down and the circle you are in moves left, right, and slightly forward. The ride is in 3D.

Just wanted to report that FoP fast passes were available today for me at 60+2, as well as, 60+4. I did not try for the other days. The 60+2 availability was a little too late in the day for us (3:55) because we have the HEA Dessert Party so I didn’t take it - we’ll do rope drop, instead on that day.

Edit: This is for the week before Easter.

Thank you, this is encouraging to hear. I will be trying to make FOP FP for 60+2 and +4 for our May trip. I would be happy to get FOP late in the day on +2 because we are planning to go to AK from 3-close that day using our FP's in AK.

No Spinning. The best way to describe it is a cross between soarin and star tours. the chair you are on is affixed to the ground and inside a circle thing. The whole ground goes up and down and the circle you are in moves left, right, and slightly forward. The ride is in 3D.

I also have trouble with vertigo and plan to take a Dramamine that day! I can do Soarin ok but not Star Tours. I have been really lucky with my vertigo at WDW, I just avoid all spinning rides (Teacups, Astro Orbitor, MS etc... and Star Tours). The first time we were there after my initial bad bout of vertigo I was sooooo worried, I even took a dramamine before we went to HS so I could ride RnRC (upside down) with out worrying. Good luck!

Is the line up super long?
Never mind I’m going during March break so it’s a given. Lol

Yes, as others have said the lines in Pandora are indeed long. Fast Pass is your friend! Also, rope drop is usually useful but if you head to FoP (Flight of Passage) be prepared for a large herd jostling for position. I've read it is easier to head to River Journey if you are rope dropping, as you can kind of "get out of the way" of the worst shovers, but you can really only pick one ride there to rope drop with success. Pandora at night was very lovely, and we enjoyed the food at the Canteen as well (we tend to try to eat healthy even at the park and even my teen niece found food she liked, in fact her hot dog wrapped in dough was really good lol).

Now, as to the motion sickness, I don't usually get motion sick on rides, so it's hard for me to say, but I would compare it to soarin for sure, but with more movement. I didn't find it as jerky as Star Tours, but also similar. The one ride that makes me ill is Forbidden Journey in Universal, and FoP didn't make me sick at all.

ETA; one tip that I do think would help those with vertigo is to keep your eyes on your "guide" in the Flight of Passage. Won't give anything away to spoil it, but you do have a Na'vi guide flying "in front" of you on screen, and if you keep your eyes on that particular one I think it would help for sure.

I have to navigate this site to learn code names.....
Not sure EE OR ROL......OR RNL....
SORRY. IM A NEWBIE.
I’m trying to decide how much to spend and I really have to be careful that I don’t spend too much time at Disney. I suffer vertigo migraines so I’ll ruin the vacation if I try to do too much.
I was thinking 2 day park hopper which is almost the same price as 4 days. Groan.
But, looking at wait times I might be better off with 4 days. I’m just afraid I’ll end up there all day and sick the whole week.
I have to choose the parks wisely.
I was thinking Epcot...haven’t been since a child and my 4 year old would like frozen.
My kids loved Hollywood studios and we have unfinished business with house of terror...lol! It broke and we had to walk down! Plus, my son loves Star Wars.
However, there never seen avatar.
I should decide this week because the Canadian resident sake ends this week!
Help! Lol

SORRY. IM A NEWBIE.
I’m trying to decide how much to spend and I really have to be careful that I don’t spend too much time at Disney. I suffer vertigo migraines so I’ll ruin the vacation if I try to do too much.
I was thinking 2 day park hopper which is almost the same price as 4 days. Groan.
But, looking at wait times I might be better off with 4 days. I’m just afraid I’ll end up there all day and sick the whole week.
I was thinking Epcot...haven’t been since a child and my 4 year old would like frozen.
My kids loved Hollywood studios and we have unfinished business with house of terror...lol! It broke and we had to walk down! Plus, my son loves Star Wars.
Help! Lol
This may help: http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Sorry to hear of your physical challenges. I am not qualified to discuss that in relation to rides at WDW. Flight of Passage is special for those who are able to ride it.

:wizard:

If you try to do it all, you definitely will wear yourself out. I don't know about your condition, but if too many rides/stimulation/walking etc... sets it off, then just stick with your instinct and do 2 days. If it helps to take long breaks in the day, then maybe add a day or two and make sure you rest a lot. Your health is more important than anything, so keep that on the top of your list, you'll have fun no matter how many days you go.

I'd pick like 2 of the most important rides you'd like to go on, and maybe one place you'd really like to eat and see which parks those fall in, and go with that. You'll second guess yourself to death otherwise.

Is there a way to fit in RoL and Pandora at night? Should I just try and schedule another evening at AK? We will have PHs so no worry there. Our trip is in May and right now for the day we are going touringplans shows hours to 9 and RoL at 9:15, I don't see a way to do it all unless hours change.

Oh, I suffer vertigo like migraines. Is flight of passage filled with a lot of movement and a lot of super spinning sensation?
I wouldn't say it spins, it dives and swoops. I do not do any roller coasters or rides that spin and I love, love FOP!

SORRY. IM A NEWBIE.
Help! Lol
If you want to make sure you are not overstimulated, don't do a 2 day park hopper. There's just too much to see and do and park hopping makes things feel more like a frenzy. Do the 4 days and one park a day. I think you'll end up feeling better based on what you said.

I've searched, but I can't find my exact question, although I'm sure it's out there somewhere!! We had a FP for FOP in November early morning. We were told to go to the right of the massive line. We did and then got stopped by a CM who said we couldn't go that way even with a FP. Another guest was explaining we were told to. Then another CM came up and told the original CM that we WERE supposed to go that way. I have another early morning fast pass during spring break and really don't want to make folks mad. What is the correct info for that situation? Thank you!

I've searched, but I can't find my exact question, although I'm sure it's out there somewhere!! We had a FP for FOP in November early morning. We were told to go to the right of the massive line. We did and then got stopped by a CM who said we couldn't go that way even with a FP. Another guest was explaining we were told to. Then another CM came up and told the original CM that we WERE supposed to go that way. I have another early morning fast pass during spring break and really don't want to make folks mad. What is the correct info for that situation? Thank you!

Whatever the CMs tell you at the time, as you did that morning. Details such as this can’t be predicted in advance.

I think it depends on where the split is that you are talking about; if it is directly after you cross into Pandora at rope drop, then the River Journey folks are usually told to hang to the left, the FoP folks were told to hang to the right (as far as I've seen, others may have a different experience).

Or, are you talking right at the queue for FoP itself? There's one lane for FP's and one for Stand-by. If it is your fast pass return time, then you go in that queue and will scan your band as usual.

ETA: mesaboy is right in saying many mornings the rope drop procedures change depending on situation and CM. If you are getting conflicting info, that's hard, but it's not your fault!

If the "massive line" was folks waiting to get into Pandora then we had a confusing experience with this. My advice is to ask lots of questions. Here is what happened to us posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-283#post-57659565

I think it depends on where the split is that you are talking about; if it is directly after you cross into Pandora at rope drop, then the River Journey folks are usually told to hang to the left, the FoP folks were told to hang to the right (as far as I've seen, others may have a different experience).

Or, are you talking right at the queue for FoP itself? There's one lane for FP's and one for Stand-by. If it is your fast pass return time, then you go in that queue and will scan your band as usual.

ETA: mesaboy is right in saying many mornings the rope drop procedures change depending on situation and CM. If you are getting conflicting info, that's hard, but it's not your fault!
It was quite a bit before we entered the land. I agree. We will definitely have to see what that morning holds as it seems there is no specific rule. I never never want to make people mad and shoot past them if we’re not supposed to

If the "massive line" was folks waiting to get into Pandora then we had a confusing experience with this. My advice is to ask lots of questions. Here is what happened to us posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-283#post-57659565

Thank you for that. The massive line was waiting to enter Pandora. I do feel for the CMs, as my DD is in the college program in a different park. It’s got to be tough working there right now.

Not ride-related, but Pandora-related. Any thoughts on the Sa'tuli Canteen desserts? I was thinking of just getting both to try even though I probably won't be able to finish them by myself. :mickeybar

Not ride-related, but Pandora-related. Any thoughts on the Sa'tuli Canteen desserts? I was thinking of just getting both to try even though I probably won't be able to finish them by myself. :mickeybar

We tried the blueberry cream cheese mousse dessert and really liked it! It was really light and not overpowering. We didn't try Neytiri's Chocolate Cake, so I look forward to trying that one on my next trip if it is still there.

We tried the blueberry cream cheese mousse dessert and really liked it! It was really light and not overpowering. We didn't try Neytiri's Chocolate Cake, so I look forward to trying that one on my next trip if it is still there.
I've heard it's bitter chocolate, and I like bitter chocolate, which is why I want to try it out at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter