• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do. Can you tell me what time of day you found the FP and when was the FP issued? Morning, afternoon etc? I heard to check at 10:30 everyday.
I was able to get FOP 63 days out but it wasn't until 5:40 pm. I kept checking about once or twice a day to change it to an earlier time. I was able to move it to 10:50 am which I love, but it messed with my Tusker House ADR. I can't remember exactly what time it was when I changed it to the 10:50, but it was near day 55 or so.

Will do. Can you tell me what time of day you found the FP and when was the FP issued? Morning, afternoon etc? I heard to check at 10:30 everyday.
The ones issued around 10:30 are for SAME DAY only, not in advance. They may add more FPs in advance, generally if park hours increase. Check the forums regularly a few weeks before your date to see if that happens. Otherwise, there's no real advantage to checking at a specific time of day. Just keep refreshing and trying. I got one for 12:20 about 5 days after my window opened, but it took hundreds of refreshes.

You may also have better luck closer to your day or even same day, as people will be much more likely to change plans the closer they are. It's kind of like how many people cancel ADRs a day or two before their day and others are able to scoop them up.

Checking almost daily for FoP fastpass. Tried 60 days out and nothing still. Gonna be there first week of March. Odds of getting fastpass for 2 people online?

I got two this morning for 36 days out. I think it was before 7am when they popped up. I just kept checking randomly all day long. Keep trying, people are constantly changing plans.

How long can we expect to wait in line for Flight of Passage WITH a FP on a lower crowd level day (level 4)?
Having a FP only eliminates the long stand by line before the merge point. It doesn't eliminate the wait. FP holders go straight in to the area where they sort riders in to lanes (like when they send you in to theater A/B/C in Soarin')
From there, you merge with the stand by riders and then you still have a wait to get in to the preshow#1 room. Usually about a 15 min wait to get in to the first Preshow and then another 15 min for the 2 preshows and the ride. So on avg 30 min. And honestly, crowd levels have no bearing on this portion of the wait. It's pretty much the same every day. The only time it changes is if a theater goes down, which is impossible to predict, of course.

Checking almost daily for FoP fastpass. Tried 60 days out and nothing still. Gonna be there first week of March. Odds of getting fastpass for 2 people online?
People cancel trips and change plans all.the.time. Every day. So they pop up. You just have to be lucky. Never quit trying
DH and I have found FP for FoP every day of our trip, by doing a lot of refreshing. Just because people drop their FP/change their plans. We got 2 same day FP on Jan 2 or 3 (I forget which now, we went to AK both days) and that was in addition to the one we booked in advance. Plus we found another but we had plans for dinner that night so we didn't use it. Got a Navi too. These FP weren't even from the daily drop, we weren't out of bed

Get to the park an hour and 15 minutes before opening. They let you into the park 45 min before actual opening time and on to FOP and NRJ 25 to 30 minutes before scheduled opening. I did it 4 times this week.

Just wanted to report that FoP fast passes were available today for me at 60+2, as well as, 60+4. I did not try for the other days. The 60+2 availability was a little too late in the day for us (3:55) because we have the HEA Dessert Party so I didn’t take it - we’ll do rope drop, instead on that day.

Edit: This is for the week before Easter.

I am a big believer in the "If you want it bad enough and work for it, you'll get it" philosophy when it comes to FPs.

I've lost count as to how many times I've ridden FoP and have only waited in the standby line on two occasions. Only acquired two at the 60-day mark. The rest have been <30 days ahead of time with the vast majority acquired either the day before or day of. I say this not to brag but to give hope!

That being said, most FPs have been for a party of two or one. VERY hard to get it for 3 or more but not impossible.

Just wanted to report that FoP fast passes were available today for me at 60+2, as well as, 60+4. I did not try for the other days. The 60+2 availability was a little too late in the day for us (3:55) because we have the HEA Dessert Party so I didn’t take it - we’ll do rope drop, instead on that day.

Edit: This is for the week before Easter.
Also want to add that this was for 3 people.

I hear you! We've only got two park days (one day MK, one day AK) and I've never been to WDW before :sad: I feel like despite not wanting to wait forever, FoP is a must when I don't know when I'll be going back.
Rope drop without a fastpass worked great twice for me this week. I went on a 9am opening, and on an 8am extra magic hour opening.
On both days they let us in about a half hour early. On the 9am opening I rode FOP and was finished at 9am. On the 8am opening day I finished the FOP ride at 8:10. That was today. As soon as I got off the ride I saw that the line had gotten so long and heard a cast member say that the wait was now three hours. And it was still before the park opened to everyone.
I also had a fast pass at noon and I got right on the ride with no wait. I've ridden it three times so far. It's fantastic, but I wouldn't stand in a line for three hours for any ride. I prefer to get out to the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening. It works like a charm. It was 29 degrees the first morning I tried this approach. It was quite a sight to see everyone bundled up for winter that morning, all braving the cold for a ride on a banshee!

We have a party of 9 for next Thursday. It's EMH 8a-9a - how early should we arrive at Epcot to be able to get FOP and Navi? And which should we do first?
Arrive at 6:45 for that 8:00 opening. They will let you in the tap stiles a half hour early. Definitely go on FOP first. Then go straight over to NRJ. You will probably have at least a 30 minute to a one hour wait for NRJ, but if you do NRJ first there could be a three hour wait for FOP.

The weather was pretty crummy earlier this afternoon when I was leaving Animal Kingdom. And they are expecting a thunder storm around now.
Both rides are inside so I guess people didn’t bring their ponchos lol. If I paid to be there then I would still be at the park.

So it's safe to say, it's pretty much agreed upon to do FOP at rope drop? Just get there super early and follow the lines? I'm assuming there's no passholder line for the gate or anything.

Is it worth going to animal kingdom to see avatar and pandora?
I was there 5 years ago.

Just got back from my first trip to Pandora. Before this trip I would avoid Animal Kingdom like the plague (I go around 2/3 times a year and never set foot in AK after the first year it opened). All that to say, now that I've gone to Pandora I'll go back every single trip multiple times. Now, I am an Avatar fan so I love the theme, but what did it for me was Flight of Passage. There are such a wide array of opinions, it's always subjective, so I thought I'd just add mine. I have a feeling it's one of those love it or hate it scenarios, so it's worth it to go and see which you fit into.

I've always enjoyed the safari too, but never enough to go to AK just for that, now I have a reason to go to that as well.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I was checking out the videos online.
It does look amazing. To be honest we were going to go to universal because we have two boys. One loves Harry Potter and one loves despicable me. But, neither are fanatical. And, there is something magical about Disney!! We are much more excited to think about Disney! Plus, we have a 4 old daughter who has never been.
The only thing we did at ak was the safari, the parade, the bugs life and watched the lion king. We got there late and it closed at 8! We loved the show and the safari but we weren’t going back until I saw pandora...now I’m torn. A whole world....even if you don’t like the movie,....something about Disney!

Is the line up super long?
Never mind I’m going during March break so it’s a given. Lol

Oh, I suffer vertigo like migraines. Is flight of passage filled with a lot of movement and a lot of super spinning sensation?

Thank you so much for your reply.
I was checking out the videos online.
It does look amazing. To be honest we were going to go to universal because we have two boys. One loves Harry Potter and one loves despicable me. But, neither are fanatical. And, there is something magical about Disney!! We are much more excited to think about Disney! Plus, we have a 4 old daughter who has never been.
The only thing we did at ak was the safari, the parade, the bugs life and watched the lion king. We got there late and it closed at 8! We loved the show and the safari but we weren’t going back until I saw pandora...now I’m torn. A whole world....even if you don’t like the movie,....something about Disney!

Is the line up super long?
Never mind I’m going during March break so it’s a given. Lol
On a normal regular day FoP runs about a 120-210 wait most of the day. NRJ usually runs about a 90-150 wait.

Is it worth going to animal kingdom to see avatar and pandora?
I was there 5 years ago.
I thought AK was worth visiting before Pandora but now I cannot see how anyone can skip it. I am not a super Avatar fan but did appreciate the movie and Flight of Passage is my new favorite ride at all of WDW. In fact with EE there as well (EE was neck and neck with RnR as a favorite before), two of my top three rides are at AK. And finally, you can now ride EE at night with the later park hours since ROL and Pandora opened. EE at night feels like a different ride. ::yes::

:wizard:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter