• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, We (Me and my wife) were at AK on Tues Feb 13 - Here's our experience.

Right at 60 days, no FP were available, we were at BLT just for two nights, so understand those staying longer got first dibs.
So, we were on the bus at 7:30, arrived at the park around 8 and there were already several hundred people waiting. Cast opened "the doors" at 8:30 and people rushed to the next waiting point at entrance to Pandora. People were nuts on this first rush, running, leaving their kids in the dust. Crazy.
Anyway, the queue looked pretty large, but people we were next to that had been on this road before stated it looks worse than it is and were estimating once we were in the actual line, we'd be through in 30-60 minutes.
Right at 9, they opened the entrance to Pandora, and we began forming the long snaking line. Estimates were spot on, as we were exiting at 9:45, and when we walked by the standby sign at this time it was already up to 180 minutes.
FLIGHT OF PASSAGE is imo the best attraction/ride I've ever experienced. It's AMAZING and the hype is real.

After seeing the crowds for this, when the Star Wars area/attractions open up in 2019, I can't imagine how crazy it will be at Hollywood Studios. Disney should probably start planning on green lighting the 5th park.

Peace and Cheers,
G4L

Can anyone please give an indication what the wait is generally like for FoP when you DO have a FP? I suppose it varies ...

Can anyone please give an indication what the wait is generally like for FoP when you DO have a FP? I suppose it varies ...
From all the posts here and my own experience, yes it varies. I have ridden FOP twice with FP. Once it took about 15 minutes. Once it took about 45.

:wizard:

Rode today and got the card. Having ridden it many times I guess I can understand sort of. But there were some seriously spooked people who had never ridden before scared witless that they were going on a super coaster with inversions!

Honestly I had to laugh since I am generally a ride sissy... seems like overkill to me.
Yeah I agree. They must have a lot of complaints or something which spurred this.

Now that I’ve seen that card I’m
Nervous lol. I’ve watched some POV and other videos on YouTube but one thing I can’t tell is do the ride vehicles actually lift up in the air? Or are they stationary to the ground and just move around? Would you worry about a long fall if a child freaked out and wiggles out? We all handle Soarin and Star Tours with no issue (motion sickness or freak outs) so this should be fine?

Now that I’ve seen that card I’m
Nervous lol. I’ve watched some POV and other videos on YouTube but one thing I can’t tell is do the ride vehicles actually lift up in the air? Or are they stationary to the ground and just move around? Would you worry about a long fall if a child freaked out and wiggles out? We all handle Soarin and Star Tours with no issue (motion sickness or freak outs) so this should be fine?
The vehicle is stationary to the ground. It’s inside a circle shape on a rectangular platform with 7 other ride vehicles. The platform moved up and down and the circle your vehicle is afixed to moves a little as well.

Oh great, the only other ride that has the card is Mission: Space, which is the closest a Disney ride has gotten to making me throw up.

Next Monday will be interesting.

Oh great, the only other ride that has the card is Mission: Space, which is the closest a Disney ride has gotten to making me throw up.

Next Monday will be interesting.
This ride is not like Mission: Space. Its quite smooth but I can understand why it might make some sick.

This ride is not like Mission: Space. Its quite smooth but I can understand why it might make some sick.
I know it isn't. I know it's kind of between Soarin' and Star Tours in terms of intensity. I'm fine with Soarin', can't do Star Tours. I'm preparing for the worst. Don't expect to throw up, but don't expect to enjoy it, either. But I want to try it at least once.

The ride isn't spinning you or jolting you around much at all. The only reason people may have an issue with it would be due to motion sickness. You truly feel like you are riding that Banshee, the visuals are just SO good. It is easy to get disoriented and a bit dizzy during some of the more intense scenes. If that begins to happen I would try to just close my eyes for a bit. I know they tell you not to do that on Mission Space but that's because the ride is actually spinning. FOP is hardly moving so closing your eyes should help settle you and then you can try opening them again. There was only one part that really made me feel unsettled and it was during a sequence where the Banshee was really zig zagging through a lot of stuff. I loved every minute, though.

Rode today and got the card. Having ridden it many times I guess I can understand sort of. But there were some seriously spooked people who had never ridden before scared witless that they were going on a super coaster with inversions!

Honestly I had to laugh since I am generally a ride sissy... seems like overkill to me.
I'm glad to read this because I'm now officially seriously spooked.

Sounds to me like they've had a lot of people having motion sickness, etc.
I think every single ride I've done since opening week has had kids end up terrified after the ride was over. As in hysterically crying and very upset. I was really getting quite shocked by it happening so many times. So much that if I did ever travel with a reluctant child I would not talk them in to riding, unless I really, truly knew they would be ok with it. I mean, I don't see how folks even know the height, I've never seen or looked to even have any concept of it myself, in like 20+ rides. But I guess many do. Never had anyone with motion sickness but lots and lots scared by the ride. Not even any of the coasters have had as many

Yeah, I can see it totally backfiring the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter