• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on FoP for the first time on Saturday (2/24). We got in line when the wait time was at 160 mins. Several times in our wait, a cast member would come over the intercom and announce the ride was having some sort of difficulty. Even with the setbacks and long moments of no line movement (especially in the jungle room), we still made it on the ride around the estimated wait time.
When we got to the loading bay, we were given 2 free fast passes for any ride(s) for the rest of our stay. The cast member explained it was due to the unnaturally long wait we had to suffer through. Is this normal for Disney?
The next day at Epcot, we were in line for Frozen and it broke down. The guests on the ride had to be evacuated. We waited little under 45 mins to get on the ride. We did not get fast passes from this ride. Does Disney give all of the FoP riders fast passes or was it just because of the setbacks (mind you, there were several of them)?

I have to mention I rode FOP in June with no unpleasant side effects but yesterday we ate lunch and went on right after and I felt a bit nauseous. Heads up for anyone who might have concerns.

Yeah, I can see it totally backfiring the other way

I agree with this. There was a lovely gramma and 2 grandsons behind me who read the card and were freaking out... are we going upside down, are we going to be thrown around, etc. Poor gramma wanted to get off then and there. I told her I had ridden many times and if they had done soaring and star tours, though this was slightly more intense and vivid, the ride itself was similar. No inversions, no maniacal dips, not even backwards stuff like EE. Told her that I am a ride chicken and older than her and I really enjoyed it. Lol They stayed and loved it.

Honestly, you aren’t moving that much and are strapped in so securely even a panicking child isn’t going anywhere. If you get vertigo I can see where the vividness of the image might bother you. Easy solution is to close your eyes for a bit!

We went on FoP for the first time on Saturday (2/24). We got in line when the wait time was at 160 mins. Several times in our wait, a cast member would come over the intercom and announce the ride was having some sort of difficulty. Even with the setbacks and long moments of no line movement (especially in the jungle room), we still made it on the ride around the estimated wait time.
When we got to the loading bay, we were given 2 free fast passes for any ride(s) for the rest of our stay. The cast member explained it was due to the unnaturally long wait we had to suffer through. Is this normal for Disney?
The next day at Epcot, we were in line for Frozen and it broke down. The guests on the ride had to be evacuated. We waited little under 45 mins to get on the ride. We did not get fast passes from this ride. Does Disney give all of the FoP riders fast passes or was it just because of the setbacks (mind you, there were several of them)?
I've never been in line for a ride that broke down and did not get a paper FP to come back to ride again. It's a very common practice as those guests have been in line and not ridden, through no fault of their own. So they get a FP to come back and try again later, usually they are even valid for several days. No idea why they would not have given them to you at FEA. Is there any way you missed the CM handing them out?

They don't give all riders of FoP a FP, nor is that common. They gave what would be called Pixie Dust, because they can (which proves it's bunk when they tell you they can't give you FoP FP, they can, if they really want to).

Just back last night from our magical vacation last night. All I can say is Rope Drop Flight of Passage works like a charm. We did the rope drop on 2/26. EMH was 0800 for AK. We arrived at 0700. Descent crowd when we arrived. We picked a line. Made our way in with the crowd which by the way was very orderly which surprised me. By 8:08 am we were off FOP. It was magical and by far the best ride Disney has created in many years! We made our way to NVR and the wait was only 10 mins. By 8:20am I was sipping my latte and saying what a great morning! If you do not have a FOP FP or you want to ride FOP more then once Rope Drop is absolutely the way to go! We rode 4 times in one week. Two Rope Drops, 1 FP and once while doing the Ultimate Night of Adventure tour. Magical!

We did fop on Friday morning with a FP. We rope dropped Navi which was a walk on (even though it said 20 min). And when I say rope dropped I mean showed up a little after 8 when the park opened. We then went to ee and walked onto that twice. I hate to be negative, but we didn’t feel fop was nearly as good as everyone says. Maybe we had too high of expectations but it wasn’t something we felt like we needed to ride more than once. I wouldn’t wait longer than an hour for it.

We did fop on Friday morning with a FP. We rope dropped Navi which was a walk on (even though it said 20 min). And when I say rope dropped I mean showed up a little after 8 when the park opened. We then went to ee and walked onto that twice. I hate to be negative, but we didn’t feel fop was nearly as good as everyone says. Maybe we had too high of expectations but it wasn’t something we felt like we needed to ride more than once. I wouldn’t wait longer than an hour for it.

Good to know. I definitely want to have somewhat tempered expectations- hence why I am glad we have FP and don't have to wait so long. Sorry it was a letdown for you!

I got a bit of a queasy tummy after eating and going on ride. I went on today and was fine. I dont recommend eating right before but everyone is different, just my experience.

On 3/1 we did 9:20 a.m. FP for FoP and had maybe a 10-15 min wait to get into the room with the intro video. But once in there, we waited a long time (did not time it), so I don't know if the ride broke down while we were in there. It kept rescanning us over and over. Fantastic ride, though. We did Navi using a FP on 2/27 (9 am) and had very little wait. On the night of 3/1 we were walking around Pandora at night and walked by Navi 2 min before park close at 8, walked on, and the CM said last call. Waited about 5 min from there.

Good to know. I definitely want to have somewhat tempered expectations- hence why I am glad we have FP and don't have to wait so long. Sorry it was a letdown for you!
I wouldn’t say it was a let down because I kind of expected it to be similar to soarin. We just didn’t think it was as new and spectacular as others have said.

All my family loved it. They moved it to the top of there most favorite ride! We rode five different days with FP+

It looks like they really went up in price!! I thought that they were $59.95? I am so glad I had family pick up two of these for us back in August.
That includes the perch. I believe they are still the same in store.

Took about 2 hours for us from when we got in line to when we finished and walked out. Started at 8AM, no fast pass of course.

Well worth it though.

Are you able to buy the perch separately? We bought some in June and are looking for a good way to display them.
I saw the perches at the park last week which could be purchased separately. Did not look at the price when we purchased our banshee as we decided to get the pouch to carry the banshee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter