***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the current rope drop situation for Na'vi River Journey? I assume the masses would be doing FOP. Is there a clear, separate line for the 2 rides heading into Pandora? What time should we arrive for an 8am opening?
It's clear which direction. For FoP they send you to the right as soon as you get into the land and you continue straight for NRJ. For a recent Wednesday 9am opening, I arrived with a friend right a few minutes after 9am and we went straight to the NRJ line and waited about 15 minutes.

Edit: It was a Wednesday

Last edited:
It's clear which direction. For FoP they send you to the right as soon as you get into the land and you continue straight for NRJ. For a recent Wednesday 9am opening, I arrived with a friend right a few minutes after 9am and we went straight to the NRJ line and waited about 15 minutes.

Edit: It was a Wednesday
We’re going on a Friday and hoping to do Navi, KS, and ee at rd. I was going to get there at 7:20 but now we might show up a little later.

We’re going on a Friday and hoping to do Navi, KS, and ee at rd. I was going to get there at 7:20 but now we might show up a little later.
I would plan to be there at like 7:45. The morning we went there was a small backup in the parking lot toll booths and actual parking so that added on a few minutes to getting in to the park.

I would plan to be there at like 7:45. The morning we went there was a small backup in the parking lot toll booths and actual parking so that added on a few minutes to getting in to the park.
We’ll be taking a Disney bus so no worries about parking. That’s good to know we can show up a little later because we have dah the night before and it goes until 12. I doubt we will even get to our room until at least 1:30.

My 60 day window opens tomorrow Am at 7 AM.

Whatst the chances I get 4 for FOP if I am on early????

My 60 day window opens tomorrow Am at 7 AM.

Whatst the chances I get 4 for FOP if I am on early????

My FP+ window opened this morning and I was thrilled to see many choices for FoP on day 61, the first full day of my trip! I was able to get a set for the exact time I wanted!! Just fingers crossed it doesn’t break down like it did when we had FP in July. Dying to go on!!

Wow, I wish they would have had this stuff available when I was there! My husband I would have spent alot more money at Pongu Pongu if they did.

We went back three days in a row and just ordered drinks, mostly Night Blossoms, no lumpia, because we both agreed, the lumpia sounded gross. My husband ordered the margarita once, but since it was a generic margarita he actually preferred the flavor of the Night Blossom. He was quite disappointed at the time that he couldn't have alcohol added to it. And he loves coffee cake and cinnamon rolls, no way would we have left that food stand without those had they been available.

Hmmmm....we have 10 AM FP's for FOP. Was planning to ride Navi at rope drop at 9. Now, rope drop is at 8! I'm wondering how fast the standby line will grow. Could we do 8:30 without a long wait? Or should I change our plans---NRR at 8, then KS, then back to FOP?

Hmmmm....we have 10 AM FP's for FOP. Was planning to ride Navi at rope drop at 9. Now, rope drop is at 8! I'm wondering how fast the standby line will grow. Could we do 8:30 without a long wait? Or should I change our plans---NRR at 8, then KS, then back to FOP?

If you don't want to wait for Navi, I'd still rope drop it.

Yes, rope drop Navi at 8:00 ( get to the gate no later than 7:20) then go to the gorilla falls jungle walk before your KS ride. You can always get a snack and go back to Pandora from Africa. Take a look around Pandora until it's time to ride FOP. The time will go by fast. And just think.... an extra hour of exploring AK!

Last edited:
Yes, rope drop Navi at 8:00 ( get to the gate no later than 7:20) then go to the gorilla falls jungle walk before your KS ride. You can always get a snack and go back to a Pandora from Africa. Take a look around Pandora until it's time to ride FOP. The time will go by fast. And just think.... an extra hour of exploring AK!
I was told getting to ak at 7:45 would be enough time.

My experience two weeks ago is that they let us through the tapstiles around 40 to 45 minutes before the scheduled opening time. It was about 8:15 on a 9:00 opening, and 7:20 on an 8am extra magic hour opening. We were allowed on the Pandora rides 30 minutes before scheduled opening.

Just returned from a last minute, 2 park day trip while visiting family in Cocoa Beach and thought I would update everyone with my FOP experience. I was unable to get a FOP fast pass due to the last minute planning, so I decided to brave the standby line near the closing time (8pm). I was there on Saturday, Feb 3rd and got in line for FOP at 7:36pm with a posted standby time of 135 minutes. It had just dropped from 150 minutes. The line moved much quicker than I had anticipated and I was on the ride at 8:40ish and out and walking through Pandora at 9:00. It was even more incredible that I could have imagined and well worth the wait. After reading about the mad dash at rope drop (and I am typically a rope drop person), I am glad I read the suggestion on here to ride FOP near closing time. Highly recommend!

Is there anywhere to sit at/near Pongu Pongu? I'll probably have to grab some breakfast there during EMH at a 7AM EMH is too early for a resort breakfast. According to the official site, it's open during EMH.

Is there anywhere to sit at/near Pongu Pongu? I'll probably have to grab some breakfast there during EMH at a 7AM EMH is too early for a resort breakfast. According to the official site, it's open during EMH.
the outdoor area of Satuli

I hope you're right! The 8 AM opening is not an EMH as I understand it. I was hoping that arriving at AK around 8 would be early enough to do the NRR without a long wait. That was the plan with the 9:00 opening originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter