***Official September 2020 Thread***

If we got a good discount to keep our current reservation after they drop the free dining we would think about it but don't think there is even a slight chance for that.

Can someone explain the 35% off being offered? Is that just if they canceled your dining plan? Or will they offer it to you even if you keep your reservation? When is the 35% good from/until? If I can use it to book after September 2021 when they say this stuff applies through I might consider next October...

There isn't much info. It was out there last night to the TA's I think and then it went away so now just waiting to see what they do.

Can someone explain the 35% off being offered? Is that just if they canceled your dining plan? Or will they offer it to you even if you keep your reservation? When is the 35% good from/until? If I can use it to book after September 2021 when they say this stuff applies through I might consider next October...
I am wondering the same thing. I am still waiting for am email telling me that my plans are cancelled before I jump the gun. We have four adults on our booking and may not be able to travel together next time. I hope we can book separatley

Any chance they got an IMMEDIATE negative backlash and changed their minds? (It happens!)

Also EMH gone from the site today :( Even if they allow hoppers w/o those extra hours idk how we can do more than 1 park per day. Still not cancelling! Modifying tickets to 1 park per day when we can. Or maybe they'll come back by 2nd week of September once summer crowds cease, who knows. Trying very hard to stay positive.

So I’m seeing that people with reservations for May and Sept of 2021 have already received emails from Disney telling them they will have priority to new systems for booking ....this is crazy!!! I have a reservation for 9/9-9/16 and another resort reservation for 12/3-12/9 and I have heard nothing from Disney!

So I’m seeing that people with reservations for May and Sept of 2021 have already received emails from Disney telling them they will have priority to new systems for booking ....this is crazy!!! I have a reservation for 9/9-9/16 and another resort reservation for 12/3-12/9 and I have heard nothing from Disney!

I only got the (generic) email 15 minutes ago. This is what it says:

"
An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new Theme Park reservation system as well as the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled."​

I only got the (generic) email 15 minutes ago. This is what it says:

"
An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new Theme Park reservation system as well as the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled."​

thank you I would appreciate even receiving such a letter!!!

I haven't received anything either. So they are expecting it to be handled this way next September also :(

I haven't received anything either. So they are expecting it to be handled this way next September also :(

Honestly, not necessarily. I work in CRM/email marketing - sometimes it's easier to have a broader criteria to cover your bases than try to surgically weed out anyone who doesn't exactly fit messaging guidelines, especially right now when they don't know when exactly they'll change the system so they don't know where the reservation cutoff date could be for contacts. It's possible they plan to keep this system even after capacity caps are lifted, but it's also possible that this is just a blanket generic message to anyone with tickets on the books because that was easier/faster.

Well, since I haven't purchased park tickets yet it looks like I will not be given priority for access to the parks for my Sept trip if I'm reading this correctly. I am going to email David's and see if they can contact the DVC owner to rebook my trip for next year. If not that, possibly a voucher. Those are my only options unless the resorts close again by my trip dates, in which case I can do a cc chargeback.

Why did your agent suggest rescheduling rather than just working through these changes?

DD will be 18 months in September, so a big part of this trip is going to be her firsts. Not having character meet and greets, parades, and fireworks are important for that type of trip, so not having them really dilutes the whole experience. Missing that stuff wouldn't have been a big deal if it were just the wife and I, but it's obviously a pretty big deal with the baby. I don't know that it makes the most sense to pay what we're paying and not have those elements for her, which is why our agent suggested rescheduling or cancelling.

It's the wording like this that make me hold off on any decisions.

"Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended."

Is that 2 weeks, a month or a year? No one knows at this point. Not even Disney.

Well, since I haven't purchased park tickets yet it looks like I will not be given priority for access to the parks for my Sept trip if I'm reading this correctly.

Were you staying off property?

Were you staying off property?

No, I have a DVC rental at the Boardwalk. I understood it as those having park tickets will be given priority... maybe hotel reservations also? I haven't gotten any emails from David's (rental broker) or Disney though.

No, I have a DVC rental at the Boardwalk. I understood it as those having park tickets will be given priority... maybe hotel reservations also? I haven't gotten any emails from David's (rental broker) or Disney though.

I would think, and it's just me, but anyone staying on property will get entrance before the general public (off site hotels). Not sure how they will line the people up who have AP since they also have paid.

I got the dreaded email from Disney. Based on this: However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. I am guessing that anyone without theme park admission is definitely second tier regardless of reservation. At least for now.

I got the dreaded email from Disney. Based on this: However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. I am guessing that anyone without theme park admission is definitely second tier regardless of reservation. At least for now.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it also. :(

Last edited:
September crowds are usually low. Even with reduced capacity, I'm wondering if there will really be a noticeable difference in the crowds or will it be a normal September...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter