***Official September 2020 Thread***

I will be travelling solo from the 21st to the 28th of September, staying at art of animation, flying from Dublin. Made a couple of payments against my reservation but trying to figure out if I should be doing it weekly or monthly. I am nervous but excited at the same time as this is something I have wanted to do since I was a kid

I will be travelling solo from the 21st to the 28th of September, staying at art of animation, flying from Dublin. Made a couple of payments against my reservation but trying to figure out if I should be doing it weekly or monthly. I am nervous but excited at the same time as this is something I have wanted to do since I was a kid

How exciting! I am not sure if there is any difference in when final payment is due outside of the USA. I am in the USA and I have paid for my trip a couple different ways. I have previously paid for it monthly but the last few trips I have kept my money for the trip in an account to gather interest until it is time to pay (usually just before the final due date). I think it is best to do which ever method puts you at ease. :)

How exciting! I am not sure if there is any difference in when final payment is due outside of the USA. I am in the USA and I have paid for my trip a couple different ways. I have previously paid for it monthly but the last few trips I have kept my money for the trip in an account to gather interest until it is time to pay (usually just before the final due date). I think it is best to do which ever method puts you at ease. :)

Welcome lbjb247! :welcome: That's great advice from esmee1sttip. Why let Disney earn the interest you can be earning? If that's even an option in your case.

How exciting that you're getting to fulfill a childhood dream! Congrats! Hey, listen, it looks like we'll be there the same time, at least for a couple of days. Since you're going it alone, if you'd like to sit down for a meal together or want someone to ride a couple rides with or hang out at a park with, give me a holler. It's just going to be my 26-year-old DS and I. We're checking in on the 21st and checking out the 24th. He'll do a couple of coaster rides with me, but he won't do Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain...basically anything with a loop or steep drop. (I haven't told him Rise of the Resistance has a drop at the end tee hee hee) He'll do RnRC, though. He loves the launch and the loops are in the dark. LOL

I don't know if you're on Facebook, but we've got a Facebook page for this group, also, if you're interested. The link is on the first page of this thread.

Welcome lbjb247! :welcome: That's great advice from esmee1sttip. Why let Disney earn the interest you can be earning? If that's even an option in your case.

How exciting that you're getting to fulfill a childhood dream! Congrats! Hey, listen, it looks like we'll be there the same time, at least for a couple of days. Since you're going it alone, if you'd like to sit down for a meal together or want someone to ride a couple rides with or hang out at a park with, give me a holler. It's just going to be my 26-year-old DS and I. We're checking in on the 21st and checking out the 24th. He'll do a couple of coaster rides with me, but he won't do Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain...basically anything with a loop or steep drop. (I haven't told him Rise of the Resistance has a drop at the end tee hee hee) He'll do RnRC, though. He loves the launch and the loops are in the dark. LOL

I don't know if you're on Facebook, but we've got a Facebook page for this group, also, if you're interested. The link is on the first page of this thread.
That is a very generous offer, I will be sure to check out the fb page. Tower of terror is one I am looking forward to

That is a very generous offer, I will be sure to check out the fb page. Tower of terror is one I am looking forward to

ToT isn't for everybody, but I love it. Our main reason for this trip is to see Galaxy's Edge. I can't wait!!! I told my son when we round the corner and see a lifesize Millenium Falcon for the first time, don't be surprised if his dad cries. LOL

How much do you know about Pandora and Flight of Passage? The last time we went was September of 2017. FoP had been open for about 6 months. A-MAZ-ING! After we rode it for the second time, my son climbed off his mount, looked at me with a big ol' smile, and said "That'll never get old." LOL

You're going to love it! Since this is your first trip, I'm going to make a couple of suggestions. Take them for what they're worth. (A) Learn how to use the Fastpass system. (B) Go in with a plan. The people who just show up and "wing it" are usually the ones who walk away miserable saying they'll never go back. I like Touring Plans. That's a really nice resource. (C) Take advantage of Early Magic Hour if you can. That's a nice little perk of staying onsite. (D) HAVE A BLAST! You're going to love it!

Last edited:
Alright September experts! What should I know about traveling to WDW in September? We are going between September and November for a girl's trip for my 40th (*cough *cough) birthday and were thinking of November, but since Food and Wine will have started in September and crowds are rumored to be lower what are your thoughts? Which would you choose! We are looking at September 22-26, 2020!

Alright September experts! What should I know about traveling to WDW in September? We are going between September and November for a girl's trip for my 40th (*cough *cough) birthday and were thinking of November, but since Food and Wine will have started in September and crowds are rumored to be lower what are your thoughts? Which would you choose! We are looking at September 22-26, 2020!

I went the end of September in 2017. Crowds were great! It was a few months after Pandora opened, so the wait times for FoP were still stupid, as was 7DMTR. ToT was walk on and RnRC was about a 15-20 minute wait if that gives you any idea of the crowds. The weather was still hot and muggy but welcome to Florida. LOL The evenings were very nice. The weather is unpredictable. The week we went it didn't rain a drop. The week before was Hurricane Irma. Mid-September through the end of October is peak hurricane season. The odds of being affected by such a thing are remote, but it's there. I'm going the end of September (20-24) this trip, so, obviously, if I went once in September and am going back in September, I would definitely recommend it. Every attendance calendar you look at says September is the best crowd-wise. Hope that helps.

P.S. - It's just a number. I'll be 58 for this trip next year. It's just a number.

We want to go to the Edison one night on our trip, how is it crowd wise? Should we do QS somewhere else and then go there or should we get a later reservation, eat dinner and stay? If we do QS, what time should we get there?

We are going to be in Disney World on September 5th til September 13th 2020 for our DisneyMoon! Staying at Wilderness Lodge! Can hardly wait! e get married on September 4th, 2020

Congratulations! My co-worker stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago and said it was amazing.

Has anybody heard any rumblings about promotions possibly being released in January or February? On a separate note, I can't wait for Rise of the Resistance to open Thursday! I'm really anxious to see the reviews, maybe see some footage.

Has anybody heard any rumblings about promotions possibly being released in January or February? On a separate note, I can't wait for Rise of the Resistance to open Thursday! I'm really anxious to see the reviews, maybe see some footage.

I haven't heard anything sadly...but I have been wondering if we might see the ticket increases then? I have received an email for 20% DCL...maybe WDW promotions will show up too :)

Happily joining this thread! The husband and I had a quick trip to WDW over Halloween to run the half marathon, and we able to use our stay there to book the free dining bounceback offer for our whole family (the two of us plus all seven kids)! It was more of a "hopefully we can pull this off" kind of booking, but after going over our finances and rearranging our budget, it looks like we're actually going to be able to follow through! We're staying at POP from Sept 9 - 23. Our older kids went to Disney with us several years back, but the younger 4 either have never been or were too little to remember it at all. I'm so excited for them to experience it, especially since our little girl is hitting that age where princesses are EVERYTHING. Just in case things don't work out somehow, we're keeping the trip a complete secret from them until we board the plane. This is going to involve some next-level planning... planning a Disney trip for 9 people and keeping it a total surprise from a bunch of teenagers? I must enjoy a challenge, I guess.

Happily joining this thread! The husband and I had a quick trip to WDW over Halloween to run the half marathon, and we able to use our stay there to book the free dining bounceback offer for our whole family (the two of us plus all seven kids)! It was more of a "hopefully we can pull this off" kind of booking, but after going over our finances and rearranging our budget, it looks like we're actually going to be able to follow through! We're staying at POP from Sept 9 - 23. Our older kids went to Disney with us several years back, but the younger 4 either have never been or were too little to remember it at all. I'm so excited for them to experience it, especially since our little girl is hitting that age where princesses are EVERYTHING. Just in case things don't work out somehow, we're keeping the trip a complete secret from them until we board the plane. This is going to involve some next-level planning... planning a Disney trip for 9 people and keeping it a total surprise from a bunch of teenagers? I must enjoy a challenge, I guess.

Congratulations! :welcome: How exciting! 7 kids?! Yikes! Yup, you must enjoy a challenge. LOL In case you're interested, we also have a Facebook page for this group. The link is on the very first post of this group.

I wasn't planning on a WDW anytime soon but I mentioned to my husband that our 17 year old wanted a redo trip. We went with him two years ago, not his first time, and it was a disaster. He is autistic and was experiencing really bad anxiety. His anxiety is completely under control now so my husband said lets do a just the three of us trip. My husband and I have done trips and stayed at CBR but the kids have only stayed in our camper at Fort Wilderness. Long story short we are going Sept. 9-15 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. This will be our first time staying in a deluxe and I'm really excited. Fingers crossed for any discount. Luckily our dates are flexible but these are the dates I've booked and want to keep. We've never gone in September before. We usually do winter or early spring.

I wasn't planning on a WDW anytime soon but I mentioned to my husband that our 17 year old wanted a redo trip. We went with him two years ago, not his first time, and it was a disaster. He is autistic and was experiencing really bad anxiety. His anxiety is completely under control now so my husband said lets do a just the three of us trip. My husband and I have done trips and stayed at CBR but the kids have only stayed in our camper at Fort Wilderness. Long story short we are going Sept. 9-15 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. This will be our first time staying in a deluxe and I'm really excited. Fingers crossed for any discount. Luckily our dates are flexible but these are the dates I've booked and want to keep. We've never gone in September before. We usually do winter or early spring.

We went in September 2017. It was warm and muggy (welcome to Florida LOL). When we went the weather was beautiful, not a drop of rain, and the crowds were more than manageable. The asterisk to that would be it the was the week after Hurricane Irma, so I don't know how much that affected the crowds. Every website out there says September is the lowest for crowds. That's why we chose it.

My co-worker stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago. Absolutely raved about it. Enjoy!

OK, I think I have the list all up to date but if I missed you just let me know. Sorry it took so long. I took a week of vacation and decided to also take a break from Facebook and other online stuff. It feels good to do that sometimes.

We went in September 2017. It was warm and muggy (welcome to Florida LOL). When we went the weather was beautiful, not a drop of rain, and the crowds were more than manageable. The asterisk to that would be it the was the week after Hurricane Irma, so I don't know how much that affected the crowds. Every website out there says September is the lowest for crowds. That's why we chose it.

My co-worker stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago. Absolutely raved about it. Enjoy!

When I first mentioned this trip to my husband he wanted to go for our son's 18th birthday which would be mid-April. That was a big nope from me. His redo trip will absolutely not be during spring break crowds.

As far as weather, I'm planning on it being warm. That's okay, the pool at WL looks lovely. We've gone enough times that we don't need to spend every minute in the parks plus honestly my son can't handle that even with DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter