***Official September 2022 Thread***

I still don't get how they can classify AoA as a "value". I suppose it's because of the quality and the amenities, but it's absolutely not a price value for the suites. We paid more to stay there in 2018 than we will pay to stay next year at a moderate. I will miss the extra bathroom, but we will be fine with just one.
Totally agree with the wrongful classification but they do it I think only because there is no sit down restaurants. I think it should be called a moderate due to having multiple transportation options.

Today they’re down to just one tinkerbelle design. I’m torn on how to approach these. I think the ease and fun of scanning in is worth it and would probably splurge a little if we could order them now because they would bring some fun to the waiting. But if we have to take park time to find them and get them all set up idk if we’ll bother.
Yeah, we would have to take a few minutes to set them up. Maybe during pool time or at night after a park day.

Hello! Going down for a split stay 9/2-9/7 in a 1 bedroom at GFV and then switching over to a 2 bedroom at BC 9/7-9/12 with some friends!

First ever fall trip with my little man (3 years old), and can’t wait to hopefully see some Halloween decorations! Excited to read back in this chat for tips :)
I think they'll have Halloween deco's going, does anyone know?

So today was dining reservation day for our stay. I didn't book any of the high demand restaurants but did get all I wanted to make sure we have the meals we want. We also have moved our reservation from 2 different hotels for everyone to 1 hotel so we are all together and not trying to meet up in weird locations or finding each other first thing in the morning at the parks. We are now going to be staying at AoA. Never stayed at this resort, but have stayed at POP many times before the Skyliner was built. Looking forward to having easy access to the Skyliner for HS.
We love, love the ease of the Skyliner! We always stay at POP. Stayed at AOA at Christmas last year. Nice theming but the walk from the Little Mermaid Rooms was a bit too far away for me. I'm sure you'll love it!

Thank you! I’m thinking we will do park first thing in the mornings, pool during day and then back in the evening for a bit.

I’m guessing there may be a different thread for this (so please ignore if this isn’t the best place) but is the Halloween party worth doing with a 3 year old who typically falls a sleep by 8:30-9 or am I better off waiting till he is a little older.
IMO, no it is not for a 3 yo who goes to bed early.

ADR's open up at 7:00 EST right? I should know this by now but question myself every trip.
If booking online it's 6 am EST, 7am for calling. Booking online had been opening a bit before 6 a little while ago, not sure if that is true these days.

And I totally get it, I question myself every trip too, especially after many years booking at 7 not realizing I was an hour behind. Only figured it out after one year trying to book at like 6:45 and was able to so posted on these boards that booking opened "early" only to be promptly corrected! :rotfl2:

is the Halloween party worth doing with a 3 year old who typically falls a sleep by 8:30-9 or am I better off waiting till he is a little older.
I think it depends on what you want out of the experience and how rigid that schedule is for him.

For us, the party was as much or more for ME as my kids and they could be a little flexible for sleep times. I took my almost 3yo after a good nap and she was up until 9:30 living her best life, conked out HARD in the stroller while the rest of us enjoyed some festivities and we swapped waiting with the stroller for some short ride lines, then she popped back awake for the 11:15 parade, enjoyed it fully, and went back to sleep in her stroller for the way back to the hotel. Disney tired just hits different you know?

Important caveat was the next day we just did pool and hanging at the resort so she could nap and catch up. If we had tried a park day the next day she would have been a nightmare.

Good morning! I happen to accidentally stumble upon this thread last night. DH and I will be at Disney 9/3-9/10 sans kids for our 10-year wedding anniversary on 9/8. We have 5-day hoppers with G+, no parks on arrival or departure day and our rest day is Tuesday. We’re staying at the Dolphin so that we get deluxe perks at moderate prices. ADR day went very well yesterday. I booked Boma late breakfast, Skipper Canteen dinner, Steakhouse 71 breakfast before Keys to the Kingdom tour on Labor Day, Shula’s, Boma dinner, Space 220 Lounge dinner, Steakhouse 71 dinner, and Ale & Compass late breakfast for our departure. We’re only about 6 hours away so we drive down. On our way in we’re going to stop at Icon Park for Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips. I’m ridiculously excited for that!
This is our 4th trip overall but our 2nd without kids. Our first trip was back in 2008 when our relationship was still fresh-ish. I joke that my now husband only stayed with me for the free vacation because I won that trip to Braves Spring Training Camp but they put us up at GF Club Level. 🙃 We had a 10.5-year break in Disney until Thanksgiving week 2018 which did not go even a little bit how we expected (the husband of the family we were traveling with decided to leave his wife the week before we left and it threw every single plan we made out the window). We came back to Disney in September 2019 as our re-do trip and had an amazing time. I can’t wait for the next 59 days to pass so I can make it back home! 🏰 Until then, we still have our family vacay (kids included) down to the Caribbean in only 13 days. It’ll be the kids’ first flight and first time out of the USA.
Welcome in @melking23 to our September 2022 Group!!! :welcome: We are so excited you found us!!! This is a great enthusiastic and helpful Group here!!! First of all Congratulations on your fantastic plan for your 10 year Wedding Anniversary on September 8th🥂. What better place to celebrate than Disney World🏰. Your ADR lineup could not be better!!! And your tour on Labor Daypixiedust:. I have stayed at the Dolphin for a nurses convention several years ago and I loved it. My family had a great time there also. It sounds like this trip will be much calmer than your 2018 Disney Vacation . Enjoy your Caribbean trip ⛱️as you CountDown these last few weeks . Join us here for more planning and Disney Talk!!! I will add you to our CountDown List on page 1 of this thread.::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Hello! Going down for a split stay 9/2-9/7 in a 1 bedroom at GFV and then switching over to a 2 bedroom at BC 9/7-9/12 with some friends!

First ever fall trip with my little man (3 years old), and can’t wait to hopefully see some Halloween decorations! Excited to read back in this chat for tips :)
Hi @jppeek and :welcome: in to the September 2022 Group!!! Congratulations on your trip at The Grand Floridian Villas and the Beach Club!!!! Two wonderful resorts for your spilt stay!!! I will also be at the GF starting on the 3rd and can not wait to stay there (1st time for us). I know you are beyond excited for your 10 day trip. Your little guy will have so much fun :earsboy: and watching your child take in all the magic is the best. I know you will find lots of tips here with our Group. So join in the planning and the CountDown of our trips - we are all so excited. I will add you to our CountDown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning!!:tink:

Hi @jppeek and :welcome: in to the September 2022 Group!!! Congratulations on your trip at The Grand Floridian Villas and the Beach Club!!!! Two wonderful resorts for your spilt stay!!! I will also be at the GF starting on the 3rd and can not wait to stay there (1st time for us). I know you are beyond excited for your 10 day trip. Your little guy will have so much fun :earsboy: and watching your child take in all the magic is the best. I know you will find lots of tips here with our Group. So join in the planning and the CountDown of our trips - we are all so excited. I will add you to our CountDown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning!!:tink:
Thank you and that is so exciting for your first time GF stay! Hopefully you love it, I know it has quickly become my families favorite. This looks like a super fun chat 😊

My dining window opened this morning. I was only trying for Le Cellier and Skipper Canteen, plus MK dessert pre party. SK and dessert were easy, but I couldn't get LC for my 1st day. I knew I probably wouldn't get it. I've been checking the latest open day for a week and it was gone already on those days. I booked Chefs de France as a backup and set up a TP alert for LC and we'll see.

My dining window opened this morning. I was only trying for Le Cellier and Skipper Canteen, plus MK dessert pre party. SK and dessert were easy, but I couldn't get LC for my 1st day. I knew I probably wouldn't get it. I've been checking the latest open day for a week and it was gone already on those days. I booked Chefs de France as a backup and set up a TP alert for LC and we'll see.

You may see a TP alert for it pop up closer to your date. I had one for the Crepes restaurant in France in January pop up because that didn't open at the 60 day window, it was more like 30 days.

How are the crowds on Labor Day? That's our arrival day, so we'll not be in the park until early afternoon. It's a party day at MK, but we are going to Epcot for the late EEH. Does the party cause higher or lower crowds in the other parks? I've only ever been to WDW in the spring, so this is new and different for me.

We are checking into Saratoga Springs Aug 31, and staying through Sept 11. My mom is coming down to join us for a handful of days, which our daughter is beyond excited about…Disney with MiMi!? Lol! Mom hasn’t been to Disney in close to 40 years, so to be able to have her join us, is just so cool. Only able to make that happen was we are DVC… 100% why we bought in a few years ago.. I was stunned at my 60 day window, that I was able to book pretty much everything we had on our list! Storybook, Homecomin, Space 220 (lounge.. want to try it more for the experience than the food), 50’s diner, Citrico’s… Halloween party on top! It’s going to be a great memory maker for sure!

I plan to hit the Canada Pavilion for a beer cheese and filet fix if we aren't able to book LC. I think I saw those on the menu for F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter