**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Rogue One premieres on the 16th (Friday) and if they continue the trend the first showing will be the 15th at 7pm all across the country
I wish they would do it like last year....we could make it work on the 15th or 16th, but we would have to move stuff around. We are suppose to start our drive home the morning of the 17th. We would have to extend our stay for a day. Do you think it is likely they will have something before the 17th?

I wish they would do it like last year....we could make it work on the 15th or 16th, but we would have to move stuff around. We are suppose to start our drive home the morning of the 17th. We would have to extend our stay for a day. Do you think it is likely they will have something before the 17th?
Not if they are set on this special event, as it looks like they are

I wonder if it will just be "random" from now on?
Internally, Disney had been using the phrase "surprise and delight" a lot lately.
I feel with the Jawas that's what they wanted, but of course, in the age of instant info, numerous planning boards, surprises are harder to pull off
I would recommend that everyone going, especially with kids, don't over plan for this experience. Sure have some objects available but don't think of this as a given experience. As I said before, the Jawas are not mentioned anywhere on times guides, websites or mde, they are there as an added surprise for those visiting Launch Bay

I wonder if it will just be "random" from now on?
Maybe it's up to the actors...maybe some have had a bad experience and don't want to do it anymore.

Ihope that's not the case, because it would be so sad if a minority of nasty experience can ruin the overall experience for everyone.

Was there last week and went to trade with Jawas on 2 separate days and they weren't trading either day. CM told me they were waiting for a new shipment of droid parts. I was disappointed as I'm sure lots of others were.

Not if they are set on this special event, as it looks like they are
Okay. I've been discussing with our group and they would prefer to stay another night and do this instead of the dessert party. Do you think that they will start offering this to purchase before our dates for the dessert party are offered (12/13 or 12/14)? I would hate to not book the dessert party and then this new event sell out before we get tickets only to find that the dessert party sold out too....urgh more strategy planning. :)

Internally, Disney had been using the phrase "surprise and delight" a lot lately.
I feel with the Jawas that's what they wanted, but of course, in the age of instant info, numerous planning boards, surprises are harder to pull off
I would recommend that everyone going, especially with kids, don't over plan for this experience. Sure have some objects available but don't think of this as a given experience. As I said before, the Jawas are not mentioned anywhere on times guides, websites or mde, they are there as an added surprise for those visiting Launch Bay
I will have a few things to trade but not say a thing to kiddo. if they are trading I will have something to pull out and he won't have any expectations. This is probably the best way to handle it with most kids.

Last edited:
I will have a few things to trade but not say a think to kiddo. if they are trading I will have something to pull out and he won't have any expectations. This is probably the best way to handle it with most kids.

Same here! I'll be happy just to see them and interact, maybe snag a picture if I can. But trading would be awesome for my kids and I've stashed a few random things just in case.

Same here! I'll be happy just to see them and interact, maybe snag a picture if I can. But trading would be awesome for my kids and I've stashed a few random things just in case.
this is the kind of thing that especially for little kids could get built up into something that is bigger than it is. It is good that I, as the parent, have that information. But with that information I can make sure it remains a happy surprise if they are trading and it works out.

I kind of wished I hadn't said anything bout the SWaGS dessert party before they announced it but it kind of looks like my saturday will be safe (fingers crossed).

this is the kind of thing that especially for little kids could get built up into something that is bigger than it is. It is good that I, as the parent, have that information. But with that information I can make sure it remains a happy surprise if they are trading and it works out.

I kind of wished I hadn't said anything bout the SWaGS dessert party before they announced it but it kind of looks like my saturday will be safe (fingers crossed).

I hyped JTA last year before our first visit, then they announced its refurb during our dates and my 6yo was devastated. Learned my lesson that time!

I hyped JTA last year before our first visit, then they announced its refurb during our dates and my 6yo was devastated. Learned my lesson that time!
it is tough to involve them in the planning and get them all enthusiastic about things... I just always try to remind him to "be flexible" lol. but JTA would have been a heartbreaker. He did it when we went in 2014 at 6, did it with his father on his last trip and is doing it again with me... but prob would not be devastated if we couldn't. But I am still making the effort!

Okay. I've been discussing with our group and they would prefer to stay another night and do this instead of the dessert party. Do you think that they will start offering this to purchase before our dates for the dessert party are offered (12/13 or 12/14)? I would hate to not book the dessert party and then this new event sell out before we get tickets only to find that the dessert party sold out too....urgh more strategy planning. :)

We arrive 12/17 and def want to do either the hard ticket event or at least the dessert party. Trouble is that nothing is announced about fireworks at all yet. I wonder if they would do regular fireworks schedule (assuming they have it) at 8 or so since its a Saturday and then again later during the event?

I built the hype up in my own mind and was totally disappointed. Fortunately only grown "kids" this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter