**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Congrats on booking the dessert party! Now, how does it work? Since they have opened for the party, I am assuming those are the days that DHS will be showing the SW fireworks show? Does it typically go on at the same time as Fantasmic? THANKS!
You should check the fantasmic schedule on the site, the times change depending on your dates.

Just got back from dhs
It looks like they expanded the viewing area of the dessert party, I didn't really see the crowds loaded in so can't say how full it was
There are now 2 walkways that go from launch bay to the hyperion theater, arrived about the 45 minutes before the show and the area was pretty full, all the way up to the projection towers
Since we were there with my 9 year old nephew and sister decided to go all the way to in front of gmr, again not a lot of people. Plenty of room and my sister enjoyed the view even if it was really close

Nothing like seeing someone watch this show for the first time. My nephew had the biggest smile the whole time and even my sister enjoyed the show and she is not a star wars fan, in her own words "I fell asleep during the movie with the big slug thing" ugh. She loved the show

It looks like they expanded the viewing area of the dessert party, I didn't really see the crowds loaded in so can't say how full it was
I didn't feel it was overly crowded, and was able to stay seated on the ground until the show started. I was right behind the light pole at the right end of the reserved area, and felt it was a great view, and a great way to end our vacation.

But we must have missed the person collecting lanyards. Or is it intended that we keep them?

Only could look inside mickey's of Hollywood since all the other stores were already closed when the show ended and they weren't there but I did see a lot of people wearing them
Thanks for looking! If you or anyone else are around when the other stores are open I'd appreciate it if you could keep an eye out & let me know. Trying to get a costume together for when we go in a few weeks. Thanks!

Thanks for looking! If you or anyone else are around when the other stores are open I'd appreciate it if you could keep an eye out & let me know. Trying to get a costume together for when we go in a few weeks. Thanks!

The parks shopping app ways out of stock, but I don't know if that's true or not. In late July, Tatooine Traders was selling them. Good luck.

I didn't feel it was overly crowded, and was able to stay seated on the ground until the show started. I was right behind the light pole at the right end of the reserved area, and felt it was a great view, and a great way to end our vacation.

But we must have missed the person collecting lanyards. Or is it intended that we keep them?
They are collecting the lanyards?

They are collecting the lanyards?
I assumed they would, as they seem quite durable and reusable. Surely they wouldn't want people using them for repeat nights, and they seem too expensive for Disney to change the design each night.

But judging from your response, my assumption was wrong. So yet another souvenir.

I assumed they would, as they seem quite durable and reusable. Surely they wouldn't want people using them for repeat nights, and they seem too expensive for Disney to change the design each night.

But judging from your response, my assumption was wrong. So yet another souvenir.
We didn't get lanyards when we did the party in August. Is this new?

We didn't get lanyards when we did the party in August. Is this new?
I don't know, but how did they keep people out of the food area? We found seats along the wall in large room outside the two character meets, where people attending the party were mixing with people who weren't. But there was a CM stationed at the entrance to the area where the food was being served, and he was certainly turning away people without lanyards.

Likewise, when we marched out to the viewing area, some people without lanyards joined us (because it was an open route, convenient for getting to the other side of the park), but they checked lanyards again at the entrance to the reserved area, just before giving out the steins.

The lanyards are new, first I heard of them wad about 3 weeks ago. Before lanyards that had wristbands, different colors for each night.
The lanyards don't appear to have the party date on them so I'm assuming they have different colors for each night. I don't see them asking people to return the lanyards which is why I asked

when you said it I thought that it was what they were doing. They usually leave the guests keep the lanyard for all events that have them

If I see them do you want me to buy one and hold it for you? or I could ship it?

We watched Fantasmic last night, and were seated in the dinner package section in center of theater. Fantasmic was at 8pm and the Star Wars fireworks were at 8:15pm. I had assumed that we wouldn't hear too much of the fireworks, but boy, was it ever a big distraction. Everyone all around me kept turning around and watching the fireworks. It really detracted from Fantasmic. I hope Disney doesn't continue the trend of having both shows happen simultaneously. :(

We watched Fantasmic last night, and were seated in the dinner package section in center of theater. Fantasmic was at 8pm and the Star Wars fireworks were at 8:15pm. I had assumed that we wouldn't hear too much of the fireworks, but boy, was it ever a big distraction. Everyone all around me kept turning around and watching the fireworks. It really detracted from Fantasmic. I hope Disney doesn't continue the trend of having both shows happen simultaneously. :(
last night was the last night. Starting tonight SWaGS is at 7:45pm and Fantasmic! is at 8pm

last night was the last night. Starting tonight SWaGS is at 7:45pm and Fantasmic! is at 8pm
So, trying to plan an early Dec trip here. Assuming that they change the posted park hours to close at 8, I'm ASSUMING that these time would hold for that first week in Dec also? If not, do you think SWaGS would start at 6:45 and Fantasmic! at 7:00 with currently posted park closing of 7:00?

If only we had a crystal ball - or Disney would get their act together and post hours and reservations times in advance for people to get plans done!

So, trying to plan an early Dec trip here. Assuming that they change the posted park hours to close at 8, I'm ASSUMING that these time would hold for that first week in Dec also? If not, do you think SWaGS would start at 6:45 and Fantasmic! at 7:00 with currently posted park closing of 7:00?

If only we had a crystal ball - or Disney would get their act together and post hours and reservations times in advance for people to get plans done!
I expect that first week in December to extend until at least 8pm. Then it'll probably be 7:45pm SWaGS and 8pm Fantasmic! I can't see them going back to having F! going off first and then SWaGS unless they are adding a second F!
At this point I would keep the night plans as flexible as possible

I expect that first week in December to extend until at least 8pm. Then it'll probably be 7:45pm SWaGS and 8pm Fantasmic! I can't see them going back to having F! going off first and then SWaGS unless they are adding a second F!
At this point I would keep the night plans as flexible as possible

Well, we're there the week after Thanksgiving, but it spans into Dec that week... so we're HOPING that they release hours for the rest of November, through Dec 3. rather than through Thanksgiving week, and waiting to release our week later. :tilt:

And of course, the Friday night with EMHs is Dec 2...so we really ARE hoping for an 8 PM close with extra hours, rather than s 7PM close. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter