**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

April is now available to book but so far I am getting that no tables are available for my dates (I tried 2 days). :( Surely it can't be sold out already??

Noticed for this week the Star Wars Fireworks were pushed back to 10pm. Is the push back something that has happened before and when did the Christmas crowds get the update on the show time?
Are you thinking that the time was changed last minute? I don't think it was changed. A change would impact dessert party staff schedules and it hasn't. At least not yet. It's Christmas week so the park should have been scheduled to be open later from the beginning.
As for what was done in the past, schedules are based around expected crowd levels so what was done in the past wouldn't necessarily affect what they do in the future.
being able to get both Fantasmic and SW Fireworks on the same night would be great!
Most times it doesn't work out, but once in a blue moon it does.
April is now available to book but so far I am getting that no tables are available for my dates (I tried 2 days). :( Surely it can't be sold out already??
It's a big party so it doesn't always sellout. It's extremely unlikely that April is sold out this early.

I had the same issue.....went to bed last night thinking the system needed time to open everything up, was working when I got up this morning.

I had the same issue.....went to bed last night thinking the system needed time to open everything up, was working when I got up this morning.
It happens every month, they load the date but don't open for reservations until later. I don't think the dessert party has sold out in a while, maybe some dates during these next two weeks but that's about it

Are you thinking that the time was changed last minute? I don't think it was changed. A change would impact dessert party staff schedules and it hasn't. At least not yet. It's Christmas week so the park should have been scheduled to be open later from the beginning.
As for what was done in the past, schedules are based around expected crowd levels so what was done in the past wouldn't necessarily affect what they do in the future.
Most times it doesn't work out, but once in a blue moon it does.
It's a big party so it doesn't always sellout. It's extremely unlikely that April is sold out this early.

Not necessarily last minute - but not sure how far out. Was just noticing that they are predicting crowd level red or 10 for Easter and Christmas is the closest match. Just checked the dessert party and they are listed for 7:30 the week of Easter. I guess that puts it at 9pm for sure and Fantasmic is listed at 8:30.

Oh well back to the drawing board. We lost a night to flight prices for part of the group (this was to be our rest day) - and they are the ones that get to WDW the least so they want to see as much as possible (think the last trip was over 10 years ago). We are all adults but older so trying to get the most done without completely exhausting ourselves. Not having to park hop a second night to get both shows would have been preferable.

I made dessert party reservations....have been obsessing about it for awhile, so went with my gut feel that I just really want the experience. Am hoping however, that someone has some recent Star Wars Tour info to share- looking for confidence that the dessert party, as opposed to the tour, is a more appropriate/enjoyable splurge for my group. (Me, DH, DS 11, DS 15- PH days are half planned to we can divide up and pursue individual goals when desired)

OMG we are at the dessert party now and got picked as the family of the day! So cool, the kids are so excited!

OMG - we were walking right behind your family as we headed to the viewing area!! How funny! The dessert party was so much fun! We've now done the HEA and Holiday Wishes plaza garden party and the Star Wars dessert party and, the Star Wars party was by far our favorite. The desserts were great and very unique, loved the BB8 sipper gift (though we didn't need 3 so we gifted two of them to others) and the Stormtroopers were hysterical. We also took the tip on the DIS to go to the left back corner, which was really nice as we were able to sit on a brick wall for the show. So glad we did this!

I also wanted to give a big shout out to the Void VR experience. We went on Dec. 19 and I believe one of the stages was not working as the line was quite backed up and we waited an hour past our reservation time to do the experience. It was totally worth the wait. It was our favorite experience of the whole trip. It is truly amazing! I hope they make this a permanent attraction and maybe even add different experiences. I would definitely do this again!

It happens every month, they load the date but don't open for reservations until later. I don't think the dessert party has sold out in a while, maybe some dates during these next two weeks but that's about it

Thanks, yes this morning I can see times, but clicking on the time doesn't proceed through to the booking (in fact, does nothing). I guess it's still buggy at the moment.

Thanks, yes this morning I can see times, but clicking on the time doesn't proceed through to the booking (in fact, does nothing). I guess it's still buggy at the moment.

I decided to call WDW dining instead of finishing reservation online so I could ask about the cancellation policy. I didn't spend any time on hold and the reservation showed up on MDE right away.

Probably my favorite Christmas present of the year

Untitled.jpg

Getting close to our trip (8 days away!!) and with the possibility of a new special prize, I'm kind of waiting to see what it is before buying tickets. I'm probably gonna get them anyway.. Boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan (and has slight PTSD, so the alcohol could help him), so I think it'll be worth it for him. I like the idea of lots of cupcakes.

Side note, has anyone seen the Porg name badges in the stores? I really want one..

with the possibility of a new special prize, I'm kind of waiting to see what it is before buying tickets. I'm probably gonna get them anyway.
If you're referring to the souvenir gift, I would book the party because it may or may not change, and if it does change, it could be next week or it could be in months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter