• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Last edited:
Well we are officially booked for 9/8! My DD6 was super excited when we told her about it! Everyone is looking forward to this!

Thank you to everyone for all of the great information in this thread. Fastpasser., your insight is truly valuable. I booked the party for 9/15 as a surprise for my husband. I'm hoping he doesn't mind sharing a table with other people. It's not like you sit at your table for all that long, right?

Now if I can only keep it a surprise... I'm excited!

Thank you to everyone for all of the great information in this thread. Fastpasser., your insight is truly valuable. I booked the party for 9/15 as a surprise for my husband. I'm hoping he doesn't mind sharing a table with other people. It's not like you sit at your table for all that long, right?
Thanks for the kind words.

Not all parties of two share a table. It depends on how many Guests there are that night. How much time you spend at your table depends on whether or not you do the meet and greets. At the very most, the party is 70 minutes long. He can do it.

Now if I can only keep it a surprise... I'm excited!
Me and DH will be at the 9/15 party as well. This is our first time attending this party and seeing the SWGS fireworks :)

I'm sure it's somewhere, but 889 pages of text was a little intimidating to scroll through. Could someone comment on the food choices for the Star Wars dessert party? Is it strictly desserts, or are there enough savory options to make a dinner out of it and forego getting an ADR for a restaurant ahead of time?

Thanks!

I'm sure it's somewhere, but 889 pages of text was a little intimidating to scroll through. Could someone comment on the food choices for the Star Wars dessert party? Is it strictly desserts, or are there enough savory options to make a dinner out of it and forego getting an ADR for a restaurant ahead of time?

Thanks!
There are links to several reviews in post #4, many with pictures! It wouldn’t be enough for me to make a meal out of, but YMMV.

Could someone comment on the food choices for the Star Wars dessert party? Is it strictly desserts, or are there enough savory options to make a dinner out of it
Yulilin3's photos #4 through #9 are of a buffet table that has just savory items. This is a recent change so older reviews will be inaccurate. If I were to ever actually do the dessert party, I would have a late-ish lunch and skip dinner.

What time do you all think we should head out to the reserved viewing area if we’d like a spot at the back ledge? :confused3

I can’t find what @yulilin3 and others said about this right now.

We arrive on Monday and will be at the party on Thursday, August 16th. I can’t wait! It’s one of the things I am most excited about on this trip!

Slightly stressed about the shared seating, but I’m sure it will be okay. (As a queer couple, my worst nightmare is getting seated with a couple of homophobes shooting us dirty looks all evening. :sad2:)

We arrive on Monday and will be at the party on Thursday, August 16th. I can’t wait! It’s one of the things I am most excited about on this trip!

Slightly stressed about the shared seating, but I’m sure it will be okay. (As a queer couple, my worst nightmare is getting seated with a couple of homophobes shooting us dirty looks all evening. :sad2:)

If you were going to be there on the 21st, my family and I would love to have you sit with us! :grouphug:

This party was our favorite thing we did this trip! The food, beverages and m&g’s were great!! I would do it again in a heartbeat. Just wish fireworks seating was a bit farther back. Totally totally worth it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter