**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

The VIP viewing area for the SW dessert party guests, and I assume the JBJB desert party guests, is now the raised section in front of the Chinese Theater where the previous stage was located.
this makes me happy because it opens space for general viewing, but I feel that being on top, even though it gives you a better view above the heads and kids on shoulders it's not necessarily a better view of either projection show, I think it's too close.
Still a pretty cool spot to view it from
I'm there today for the first Sunset Greeting and JBJB

this makes me happy because it opens space for general viewing, but I feel that being on top, even though it gives you a better view above the heads and kids on shoulders it's not necessarily a better view of either projection show, I think it's too close.
I thought so as well, especially for the side screens. This is a case where you want to be at the back of the viewing area.
Again, missed you by one day. I saw all the Christmas stuff last week and am interested to read what you think.
Ok well I am holding out hope for PORGS. :D
Sorry, but no.

So, I know this is waaayyy too early to know, but wondering about the possibility for Galactic Nights in December 2018. What is the possibility it could end up being Saturday, December 15th? I'm planning a trip the week before and initially I was planning on flying home that evening. But if Galactic nights may happen, I'm thinking about either pushing it or adding a day so I leave on Sunday instead.... what do people think?

A 4th trilogy focusing on unknowns of the galaxy outside the Skywalkers directed by Rian Johnson will come after the third trilogy announced today.

Last edited:

Still a pretty cool spot to view it from
I hope you post a review of the party. I know this is the Star Wars thread but I want to know if Santa Goofy still meets everyone. Also wondering if they keep the projection show going after the JBJB show?

I hope you post a review of the party. I know this is the Star Wars thread but I want to know if Santa Goofy still meets everyone. Also wondering if they keep the projection show going after the JBJB show?
I'm not doing the party but did walk by, everyone had tables and chairs and the tables were numbered so I'm assuming it's reserved seating.
Waiting for the show now, underwhelmed with sunset greetings, it was alright, the projections showed every 4 minutes so in a matter of 15 minutes I had seen all the projections

I'm not doing the party but did walk by, everyone had tables and chairs and the tables were numbered so I'm assuming it's reserved seating.
Waiting for the show now, underwhelmed with sunset greetings, it was alright, the projections showed every 4 minutes so in a matter of 15 minutes I had seen all the projections
Thanks! I'm glad to hear this. We might go a bit late to the dessert party then so we can see the projections before because they are supposed to end before Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.

everyone had tables and chairs and the tables were numbered so I'm assuming it's reserved seating.
Yup
underwhelmed with sunset greetings, it was alright
Full disclosure, I'm not fan of using projections as entertainment.
By itself, Sunset Greetings is just ok, but if the elements, Sunset Greetings, the enhanced Frozen show, Echo Lake and the enhanced JBJB show are evaluated as a package deal, I think most people will be glad that they made the effort.
Jingle Bell jingle bam definitely improved
I thought so.
We might go a bit late to the dessert party then so we can see the projections before because they are supposed to end before Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.
Although Sunset Greetings is scheduled to end at 8pm, Fantasmic is at 8:30 and the JBJB show ends at about 8:15, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sunset Greetings continued until the park clears. I'll be there tonight well after park close, I'll check.

Although Sunset Greetings is scheduled to end at 8pm, Fantasmic is at 8:30 and the JBJB show ends at about 8:15, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sunset Greetings continued until the park clears. I'll be there tonight well after park close, I'll check.

What did you find out? Thanks for all the help and tips you provide!

Also, and continuing off topic, the first sunset greeting projection started at 6:15pm, like I said they rolled them out pretty quickly, maybe only 3 to 4 minutes in between.
I am glad they made an effort, the christmas tree looks stunning and very easy to takr picturees from all sides, I missed the film reel at the base how they used to do it when it was outside. Frozen Sing Along: I actually enjoyed a lot, I was expecting only one new song at the end, but the show is slightly different and we get 3 new songs.
I wish they would've decorated the Muppets/Grand Av area more

Yup
Full disclosure, I'm not fan of using projections as entertainment.
By itself, Sunset Greetings is just ok, but if the elements, Sunset Greetings, the enhanced Frozen show, Echo Lake and the enhanced JBJB show are evaluated as a package deal, I think most people will be glad that they made the effort.
I thought so.
Thanks for checking on how long the projections keep going, I was thinking the same thing, that it would make sense to keep them going until 8:30. I'm assuming you also have the scoop on the dessert party. Great news about reserved seating. Is Santa Goofy still meeting guests? How does it work? Does he come to each table? Or is it a line?

I'm assuming you also have the scoop on the dessert party.
I have the scoop on last year's party. I'll be at tonight's party which will be the second night.
The party was very well received last year once glitches at the first two parties were dealt with. Except for the JBJB VIP viewing area being different, it appears that this year's party will essentially be the same.
Is Santa Goofy still meeting guests? Does he come to each table?
He did last year.

Jingle Bell jingle bam definitely improved
Do you know if the JBJB food options were the same as last year...it was a great party last year....so many choices! And to be able to sit at a table to eat and drink... Love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter