***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Anyone planning being there August 31? If so, what are your plans?

Found out yesterday we will be in Orlando for Labor Day and trying to decide whether or not to go. Unfortunately, we’re offsite. Would have no issue getting up early. Have done that for plenty of runDisney races. I would think arrival no later than 4-4:30 for the 6am opening.

I can see things going two ways.

1. Resort guests might decide to wait until the next day to go when Extra Extra Magic Hours start, thus decreasing the amount of early arrivals.

2. On the other hand, since it’s the last Saturday available to locals for early entry until EEMH ends, they might all show up in numbers.

So maybe a wash in the end.

Anyone planning being there August 31? If so, what are your plans?

Found out yesterday we will be in Orlando for Labor Day and trying to decide whether or not to go. Unfortunately, we’re offsite. Would have no issue getting up early. Have done that for plenty of runDisney races. I would think arrival no later than 4-4:30 for the 6am opening.

I can see things going two ways.

1. Resort guests might decide to wait until the next day to go when Extra Extra Magic Hours start, thus decreasing the amount of early arrivals.

2. On the other hand, since it’s the last Saturday available to locals for early entry until EEMH ends, they might all show up in numbers.

So maybe a wash in the end.
We planned on going 8/29, 8/30 at rope drop but probably not 8/3, depending ding on what we can enjoy the other mornings. We will probably do 9/1 as EEMH as well. Getting a time slot during the AP previews takes a little pressure off of opening week so if crowds are too horrible we could skip one of the mornings. Maybe it'll be manageable!

Where did you hear that. CM schedule for that week is not out yet

When we were there 3wks ago overheard a manager talking to someone who was speaking to him about opening day in HS. We were in the big store which name evades me currently on sunset Blvd on the right

Be interested to know if that’s right or he was taking rubbish

We planned on going 8/29, 8/30 at rope drop but probably not 8/3, depending ding on what we can enjoy the other mornings. We will probably do 9/1 as EEMH as well. Getting a time slot during the AP previews takes a little pressure off of opening week so if crowds are too horrible we could skip one of the mornings. Maybe it'll be manageable!
Will be anxiously awaiting your trip report!! Or even tiny tidbits of info. I'd be super happy with that, too. Or even a morsel. If you have time, of course (Pleeeaaaase!!!!!!).

Looks like Disneyland has been increasing prices on some items.
What?! Like what? Dangit, I have been saving based on the prices that have been posted. Bad form, Disney (if this is true). They know everyone is watching what is going on at DL, so they raise prices before we even get to opening at HS? This is a bit disheartening.

Just bought tickets for August 31. Not sure if I'm a glutton for punishment or not, but I decided to surprise my son for his 13th birthday. We're both big Star Wars fans, so we will deal with whateve gets thrown at us. Planning to get there well before the 6am opening, and will be looking for reports of how the morning of August 30 goes.

I feel like the forgotten 3rd child. You know the first gets all the attention, the second one is the troublemaker and gets a lot of attention, by the third the parents are like "go do whatever you want" We are less than a month away and no "know before you go" no updates on policies for camping and queuing, no word on if or when we are getting a VQ. I'm feeling abandoned by my parent :D

I wonder if Disney is taking view that what is opening at WDW now is similar to what already is open at DLR so will "downplay" this a bit ... But then as WDW is getting Rise of the Resistance first it will be for that opening that WDW gets their big fanfair and hoopla and what not

That said, would still be nice to know things like it a virtual queue will be used, etc

Just bought tickets for August 31. Not sure if I'm a glutton for punishment or not, but I decided to surprise my son for his 13th birthday. We're both big Star Wars fans, so we will deal with whateve gets thrown at us. Planning to get there well before the 6am opening, and will be looking for reports of how the morning of August 30 goes.

Sounds like an awesome birthday and one filled with memories he will remember forever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter