***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

So what in the world will be in store for SWGE in between AP previews and grand opening? That's a whole week. I cant see where they will have a whole week of Media events...isnt that an unusually long amount of time for that?

Media events but that is also when D23 is going on so Disney likely wants all focus on that

I wonder if Disney is taking view that what is opening at WDW now is similar to what already is open at DLR so will "downplay" this a bit ... But then as WDW is getting Rise of the Resistance first it will be for that opening that WDW gets their big fanfair and hoopla and what not

That said, would still be nice to know things like it a virtual queue will be used, etc
I don't need fanfair, or actors or a big hoopla but it would be nice if we're allowed to "cap out over night" where will that be, at what time can we show up

Not really super excited about swge anymore. Will still be happy to see it but my expectations are substantially lowered after following several theads worth of reports.

Happy to report I'm going to Batuu this coming Tuesday for CM preview. We only got the land and ride option, it's from 3pm to 7pm I'll make sure to post my thoughts on the "share your stories from swge" thread

I'm going the week after as my daughter's guest. I love having a cast Kennett for a daughter!

Got some info on fp ratios
first phase (less busy) will be 4 fp to 1 standby
second phase 25 fp to 1 standby
third phase (very busy) will be 80 fp to 1 standby
Also single rider queue will open with land opening (not sure about preview) kids ages 6 or younger are not allowed to go through single rider because you will be separated
Wheelchairs cannot go through single rider because it has stairs

Also single rider queue will open with land opening (not sure about preview) kids ages 6 or younger are not allowed to go through single rider because you will be separated
When they start FP that is of course. Any word on when they think that might happen?

I assume this is for MFSR when they start FPs or will it include RotR too? Also, was there any mention of those FPs being paid?

Nothing official just yet but its assumed to be after August 21st and presumably right after D23. I don't think they would do it during D23.
Yep, definitely don't think will be during D23. Anything previews scheduled for 26-28? I'm in Orlando for the Disney Data & Analytics conference starting 8/19. It wraps up on the 21st so trying to schedule my flight home but am crossing my fingers for a general soft opening on the 22 or 23rd. Here's to hoping!!!

Yep, definitely don't think will be during D23. Anything previews scheduled for 26-28? I'm in Orlando for the Disney Data & Analytics conference starting 8/19. It wraps up on the 21st so trying to schedule my flight home but am crossing my fingers for a general soft opening on the 22 or 23rd. Here's to hoping!!!
Those dates are currently open so that would be the best guess at the moment.

Sounds like a fun conference. I follow it on social media.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter