• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Is this true for the H&V dinner also? We have a F! package but would rather have just the dinner.

You should call Dining as soon as you can to see what is available. Dining sent out email confirmations to everyone who booked online to make sure they understood the 2 Dining credits per meal. With that confusion, they appear to only be making reservations by phone in order to explain the credits and costs.

Is this true for the H&V dinner also? We have a F! package but would rather have just the dinner.

I would call ASAP to try to book what you want....a lot of nights are already sold out. Our stay is May 14 to June 2.

I wish we could get the F! package meal.....we got the very last (per CM) H&V just dinner for our entire 17 day stay.

snicker :laughing:

:lmao: Wonder if they paraded them through a car, I mean Corellian Cruiser, wash first? :lmao:

Got to love a costume department with constant replacements. Maybe they ought to watch the blu rays.

And Sunrise is right on. The Legions build their own, screen accurate costumes, with their own money, and then go do charity work in costume. Nothing is more rewarding than having a kid who has a terminal disease smile because you are there to visit him or her. And all the people my age who grew up with the original trilogy really enjoy taking pics with their childhood heroes.

Ash

Wondering if we will be getting any additional SWW news today? It being May 4th and all ;)
Really hoping to score some show FPs
What's everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think they will release FPs for all weekends at once or roll them out one at a time?

Check Instagram, #hollywoodstudios. It looks like people are starting to post pictures. :cool1:

****update******

Kennythepirate,s facebook page is posting pictures right now!!!!!!

Hello All,

I just found this thread this morning. I have read some of it, but not it all. Thank you for all of the great information.

I'm not sure how many of you also using touringplans for your trips, but I was wondering if you can clear up some confusion? If you check out the crowd calendar for the weekends, DHS usually has the highest crowd number of the 4 parks except for Sunday, June 15th. (This is the only day we can attend SWW as we arrive on June 14th.) Why would it be so much lower on the last day, or is the crowd level in the crowd calendar probably too low?

That being said, this is our first time at SWW and have only just booked our trip.(We didn't think we could go this year until just recently.) DH really wants to go to SWW because we have never been. We will get a spot for the parade and fireworks and check out the Mall, but is there absolutely, positively something that we shouldn't miss? We are not interested in the autographs.

One more questions please. Would 7:15 be an OK arrival time for the 15th? We want to see the Stormtroopers at the Gate.

I will go back and continue reading the 200+ pages. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Anybody going to the breakfast today? Would love to hear about it.

I agree; can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

We might be canceling our reservation because $50 per person for a breakfast might be out of our budget...but we are waiting to make the final decision until after we hear some reports. :)

Check Instagram, #hollywoodstudios. It looks like people are starting to post pictures. :cool1: ****update****** Kennythepirate,s facebook page is posting pictures right now!!!!!!

Thanks for referring me to KennythePirate's Facebook page!!! I'm looking at the breakfast pictures now.

You should call Dining as soon as you can to see what is available. Dining sent out email confirmations to everyone who booked online to make sure they understood the 2 Dining credits per meal. With that confusion, they appear to only be making reservations by phone in order to explain the credits and costs.

I never did get an email confirmation - our SciFi breakfast is Fri May 23. Should I be concerned?

Hello All,

I just found this thread this morning. I have read some of it, but not it all. Thank you for all of the great information.

I'm not sure how many of you also using touringplans for your trips, but I was wondering if you can clear up some confusion? If you check out the crowd calendar for the weekends, DHS usually has the highest crowd number of the 4 parks except for Sunday, June 15th. (This is the only day we can attend SWW as we arrive on June 14th.) Why would it be so much lower on the last day, or is the crowd level in the crowd calendar probably too low?

That being said, this is our first time at SWW and have only just booked our trip.(We didn't think we could go this year until just recently.) DH really wants to go to SWW because we have never been. We will get a spot for the parade and fireworks and check out the Mall, but is there absolutely, positively something that we shouldn't miss? We are not interested in the autographs.

One more questions please. Would 7:15 be an OK arrival time for the 15th? We want to see the Stormtroopers at the Gate.

I will go back and continue reading the 200+ pages. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Not sure about Touringplans but the crowds for SWW stay consistently high for all weekends. I wouldn't focus too much on the calendar.
I think the shows a re pretty interesting for anyone who is a SW fan. If you look at the first post of this thread there's a description of each one.
7:15am is a great timet oa rrive to see the Sotrmtroopers opening show. They are not over the entrance anymore but they let you in and hold you with a rope at the intersection of Hollywood & Vine St and they do their show there
Any other questions let us know

Wondering if we will be getting any additional SWW news today? It being May 4th and all ;)
Really hoping to score some show FPs
What's everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think they will release FPs for all weekends at once or roll them out one at a time?

I was wondering about the shows being released today, too. I already got a Disney Store "May the Fourth be with You" email re: SW products, so I feel a little hopeful. As far as how/when they'll release those shows, I kind of think that they wouldn't open them up to anyone who's not within the 30 day window (i.e., not giving the on-site people any advantage), so perhaps they'll release the first three weekends very soon and the 4th and 5th weeks later . . . ??

I was wondering about the shows being released today, too. I already got a Disney Store "May the Fourth be with You" email re: SW products, so I feel a little hopeful. As far as how/when they'll release those shows, I kind of think that they wouldn't open them up to anyone who's not within the 30 day window (i.e., not giving the on-site people any advantage), so perhaps they'll release the first three weekends very soon and the 4th and 5th weeks later . . . ??

That's what I'm thinking as well, maybe 1 week in advance??
Looking at Kenny's picture it looks like Vader and Bobba Fett are taking a picture together, thta is cool!!
I would keep my eye on the Disney Parks Blog today....

I just saw Kenny the Pirates pictures from the Star Wars breakfast. I'm wondering if Darth Vader and Boba Fett sign autographs. Also wondering if the dessert happens everyday or just today since it's May 4th.

The 501st is a group of people who make professional quality "costumes" of various Star Wars characters.

There are a number of different Garrisons around the country of various sizes. I believe the one in Florida is one of the largest. They will participate in different parades in their locale. As well as show up at different charity events and also usually at the regional Comic Convention or something similar.

The New England Garrison iirc has about 75 members. Not all show up at every event. Some of the events I've seen them at are Star Wars night at our local Single A professional minor league baseball team (Lowell Spinners, affiliate of the Boston Red Sox). A popular Halloween parade in our area (they had a life size Jabba the Hut for a few years. And I think a full size X-Wing fighter but I only heard about that. Didn't actually see it), the big Comic Convention in Boston and a lot of charity events.

I believe each member has to make their own costumes. Some members have more than one.

:wave2: Hi Poison Ivy, I am a future member of the 501st... (will be submitting my costume for final approval this week however I have been "Trooping" with them for some time.)

The 501st "Vader's Fist" was created in 1997, it is a group of volunteers whom create MOVIE QUALITY costumes.

The 501st Troops charity events, museum events, gaming events, any event they are asked for. They do this for free, and whatever money is collect goes to charity! This is a volunteer organization! The members pay for their own costumes, and everything they do is at their own expense. This is done out of pure love... They have a tag line "Bad Guys doing Good!"

But as a DISNEY Star Wars Fan where you will see them the most is during the MOTORCADE :) all those men and women marching is costume by the 100s, they are all 501st and Rebel Legion members (RL is the sister organization of good guys). Everyone of them is there at their own expense, they pay their own admission to the park, their own travel, and lodging... They are there for the fun of it... "To March for the Mouse" as it is lovingly called.

Straight from the 501st website http://www.501st.com/

The 501st Mission:

"...The Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate. The Legion seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work..."

To Promote Interest in Star Wars
While a growing number of people are experiencing a reawakening of their Star Wars fandom, new generations are seeking ways to celebrate their passion for George Lucas's modern mythology. The 501st Legion brings these fans together, reinforcing the enduring longevity of the Star Wars saga.

To Facilitate the Use of Costumes
Some fans are content to collect action figures...other fans want to be action figures. Nothing professes your passion quite like building your own detailed costume replica of a classic Star Wars villain, and there's nothing quite like the feeling that comes from bringing the characters of Star Wars into the real world and sharing the magic with others.

To Contribute
While our organization was founded to simply provide a collective identity for costuming fans with similar interests, the 501st is proud to put its resources to good use through fundraising, charity work, and volunteerism.

:wave2:

thank you both for this! We had no idea and are absolutely in awe of this organization. Never realized how much commitment, dedication and personal investment is put forth. Will be checking out our local chapters in NJ and Phila.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter