Official Star Wars Weekends 2015 Trip Reports and Recaps

There's a couple red notifications for you :) Also, what time should I line up for the droids? Are there any boba fett steins anywhere? Oh and how early do I need to line up for the parade?

And could you please help me to meet chopper? Lol

If you line up at 7am tomorrow, that should be enough time to get a stein and see the droids for next year:rotfl2:

We are back. Special shout out to @delmar411 -- she knows why. ;)

Here is my take on SWW (Weekend V):

• More crowded than previous years. Granted, we're normally there for Weekend IV (which until last year was the last weekend of the event), but I was there last year for the Friday of Weekend V, too, and I still think it was more crowded. I can't even fathom what the crowds will be like next year after the release of The Force Awakens.
  • We didn't do any character meals this time (we did the breakfast last year). We're not huge character people and it's pretty expensive.
  • Rebel Hangar was a good alternative in lieu of a character meal for us. I had read the reports on here that you have better luck of seeing characters on a weekday, but again, since we're not really big character people, I didn't care. Considering how much you all are into characters, I know that sounds blasphemous, LOL. We did have a Jawa come by. We went on Friday, 6/12 and the service was horrendous. We were seated pretty promptly after checking in despite the crowds, so I thought that was a good sign. Nope, it was absolutely awful. I hated that when the server learned that one of my sons had a peanut/nut allergy, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Desserts are absolutely out of the question." Okay, that's fine (and I never said I was going to order dessert anyway), but would it kill them to carry some pre-packaged allergen-free desserts items? Our table wasn't very clean either. Considering they serve the DV cupcake there as part of the cupcake trio, and peanut butter is messy, I had to resort to pulling out the Clorox wipes in case that was the dirtiness/stickiness on our table. Okay, back to the service....BAD. Food was okay (liked some things more than others), but wasn't even hot when we got it. We were there for 1 1/2 hours -- and DH and I only had 1 drink each. The music and ambiance were nice and the prices were reasonable. The best part of the whole deal was the X-wing glow cube.
  • Not a fan of watching the shows at TotS. Saw a Rebels show and Frank Oz. It's warm in there and the seats are not comfortable. I really miss the Premiere Theater. :( The shows are always fun, though, and you gotta love JAT. Speaking of JAT...not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I'm not digging his new look. I miss his boyish look.
  • Didn't do any celebrity autographs this year, so I can't comment on that. I agree with another post I read that said by not having the celebrities around Echo Lake, it decreases the sense of urgency to meet as many people as they can. So, this new way doesn't work out as well for the fans.
  • I agree with @yulilin3 that it seems like a huge oversight not to have Sabine/Ezra/Chopper meeting with guests.
  • Darth's Mall. I can't decide if I like the new set up or not. I still cannot believe that they had no SWW 2015 magnets in stock during Weekend V. Crazy.
  • If they offer the FtF packages next year (and the price doesn't go up exponentially), I'll probably give that a shot.
Glad so many on here got to experience this event and have such a great time (especially the first timers). I do love the comradery we have on this thread and that's felt in the parks during SWW. Until next time, may the Force be with you. :yoda:

@Music City Mama thanks for the report. It sucks that you had bad service at the Hangar. We went there 4 times and had great service all around. We miss the Premiere Theater as well

Got back home yesterday! We had a whirlwind week... Disney parks, then switched resorts over to Universal for a few days to hit Harry Potter. We only had one SWW day (Friday), but it was by far our best day!! Only managed to meet one DISer in our chaotic day... @delmar411 was standing right in front of me after our rush to line up for RD. Was great to chat with you for a few minutes!! Have been catching up on all the posts I missed while gone. I have been obsessively reading the posts for so long, and it's sad to have them end. Definitely suffering some SWW withdrawal here!

I'm working on a longer trip report but I'll post my quick thoughts on SWW III.

We went commando and crammed everything into a single day (Weekend III – Saturday May 30th). Totally not recommended and will not do that again. It was too much running around and not enough time to enjoy the day (plus it rained and was hot). Still had a great time but…you need the whole weekend to do everything!

• I LOVE the FTF Premium Package. Priority access to one of the SW shows, Mickey bars, dessert party and no fighting people for a parade or firework spot. I think the Deluxe Premium is the better way to go with access to the Maul and FP to all shows.
  • The FTF Premium parade viewing was good, not great. To view the parade we had a front row spot. To see the stage show though, the view was obstructed. Plus when the CMs dropped the rope after the motorcade, it became a mad rush to get to the stage.
  • Sci Fi Breakfast was great! Loved the character interaction inside with the Storm Trooper and Jawa. Greedo was meh and not much interaction with him. The Vader and Fett photo was just okay. Wish they included that in the price of the meal. I loved the beef tenderloin and cheesy hashbrown casserole thing (I really want one now!!). We did get the lightsabers but after we were walking out so no epic duels in the dark. It took about an hour and we were done. Do they play the Holiday Special cartoon anymore? We didn’t see it.
  • I hate the new Darth Maul layout. We use to have a “cheat” to get a D-Tech appt and then hit the rest of the mall for shopping. Well that is now impossible and it’s another line to wait in. The theming was fantastic inside. Did anyone notice that the Watto’s Grotto was absolutely packed though? I could barely move around and look at merchandise. X-Wing Collectibles was nice and spread out though. They had Sideshow statutes (my addiction!) for the same prices as buying direct. I was surprised. I wish I could’ve brought a Tauntaun home but that’s not fitting in the overhead.
  • Merchandise was really lacking this year. I bought a Daniel Logan photo (for the autograph. I know, so unprepared) and a t-shirt. Nothing to me that was a must. The Boba Fett mug crisis was resolved (thanks @yulilin3 !) and I now drink everything out of it. The Vader popcorn helmet was ultra-cool though he almost lost his top going through TSA screening. Han Solo bucket was another meh. Very flimsy! The X-Wing glow cube was extra awesome!
  • I don’t think an appt for D-Tech is necessary anymore. We walked in an hour early and there was no one around. The CM said they have not been busy.
  • Loved Daniel Logan! He’s such a sweetie and one of the highlights. Can I take him home? ;) I’m so glad there was a little extra pixie dust that allowed me to meet him. But I did not like the celebrity autograph session set up now. A little too cattle call-ish. I felt like I was going to meet the Godfather or something. Wait here, wait here, don’t stand by the door, avert your eyes (j/k). :( I miss the days when the celebs were outside.
  • Our experience at Rebel Hangar was okay. I think the key is to go later in the afternoon and not when they first opened. We sat in the Boba Fett room! The Cantina Band stopped by and goofed around with us. Maybe it was our fault, but no one wanted food (stuffed from the parade) so we just ordered drinks for our X-Wing glow cube ($40 worth though). The waitress had a bit of an attitude about that. I wish we would’ve tried some food but between the heat and munchies at the parade, I couldn’t fit anything in.
  • FTF FP for SotS: Yes for priority seating! First class all the way. Couldn’t have asked for a better view. I was expecting the worst with an outdoor theater like TOtS but it actually wasn’t bad and stayed pretty cool. Loved the background set! Let’s carbon freeze something!
  • James Arnold Taylor and Warwick Davis were awesome! Loved them in SotS! I want an Ewok handbag now. Though I missed An Ewok’s Tale because we were so wiped at that point and opted for GMR.
  • Missed all the character photo opportunities because we didn’t have time.
  • We missed part of the dance party because Mama Melrose was backed up and our 7:20 reservation turned closer to 8pm. Tables were all gone except by the left of the stage. Once again, bad stage show viewing but great to see the fireworks. Desserts were okay. We were stuffed from the late dinner. The Florida heat really gets to everything. My poor Vader cupcake turned to a melty chocolate mess. The alcoholic drinks..skip them. Jedi Mind Trick was kinda gross.
  • With the exception of maybe a couple, the CMs were FANTASTIC! Everyone seemed to be enjoying the event and made a really great experience for us guests. One CM told us this was his favorite event of the year. I have to agree!

Definite "tips" for next year:

• Schedule more than 1 day! It was too much to cram in one day. I almost went nuts trying to get to everything.
  • Deluxe Premium: I love the regular package but I think for a few $$, this option would be worth it especially when you’re short on time.
  • Later time for any meal. It seemed like they just weren’t “on-point” at first opening.
  • More time to meet people on from the DisBoards. It was more “hi” and “bye” this year. I felt bad :(
  • Don’t mix the “special dining” (i.e. Sci Fi Breakfast and Rebel Lounge) with the Premium FTF. Too much to do!

Hope to see you guys next year! I’m already booked for the Star Wars cruise (Feb 6th) but I’m trying to squeeze in another SWW for May.

I'm adding my videos of the motorcade and fireworks. Sorry if they're a little shaky.

Last edited:
My thoughts to your points in bold letter

I'm working on a longer trip report but I'll post my quick thoughts on SWW III.

We went commando and crammed everything into a single day (Weekend III – Saturday May 30th). Totally not recommended and will not do that again. It was too much running around and not enough time to enjoy the day (plus it rained and was hot). Still had a great time but…you need the whole weekend to do everything!

• I LOVE the FTF Premium Package. Priority access to one of the SW shows, Mickey bars, dessert party and no fighting people for a parade or firework spot. I think the Deluxe Premium is the better way to go with access to the Maul and FP to all shows.
  • The FTF Premium parade viewing was good, not great. To view the parade we had a front row spot. To see the stage show though, the view was obstructed. Plus when the CMs dropped the rope after the motorcade, it became a mad rush to get to the stage.
  • Sci Fi Breakfast was great! Loved the character interaction inside with the Storm Trooper and Jawa. Greedo was meh and not much interaction with him. The Vader and Fett photo was just okay. Wish they included that in the price of the meal. I loved the beef tenderloin and cheesy hashbrown casserole thing (I really want one now!!). We did get the lightsabers but after we were walking out so no epic duels in the dark. It took about an hour and we were done. Do they play the Holiday Special cartoon anymore? We didn’t see it.
  • I hate the new Darth Maul layout. We use to have a “cheat” to get a D-Tech appt and then hit the rest of the mall for shopping. Well that is now impossible and it’s another line to wait in. The theming was fantastic inside. Did anyone notice that the Watto’s Grotto was absolutely packed though? I could barely move around and look at merchandise. X-Wing Collectibles was nice and spread out though. They had Sideshow statutes (my addiction!) for the same prices as buying direct. I was surprised. I wish I could’ve brought a Tauntaun home but that’s not fitting in the overhead.
I didn't enjoy the layout either, too small a space for all the stuff, the merchandise tent behind RnRC was way better
  • Merchandise was really lacking this year. I bought a Daniel Logan photo (for the autograph. I know, so unprepared) and a t-shirt. Nothing to me that was a must. The Boba Fett mug crisis was resolved (thanks @yulilin3 !) and I now drink everything out of it. The Vader popcorn helmet was ultra-cool though he almost lost his top going through TSA screening. Han Solo bucket was another meh. Very flimsy! The X-Wing glow cube was extra awesome!
Totally agree with the merchandise, it was just very average
  • I don’t think an appt for D-Tech is necessary anymore. We walked in an hour early and there was no one around. The CM said they have not been busy.
We never saw a line for it either. I wonder if it'll come back next year
  • Loved Daniel Logan! He’s such a sweetie and one of the highlights. Can I take him home? ;) I’m so glad there was a little extra pixie dust that allowed me to meet him. But I did not like the celebrity autograph session set up now. A little too cattle call-ish. I felt like I was going to meet the Godfather or something. Wait here, wait here, don’t stand by the door, avert your eyes (j/k). :( I miss the days when the celebs were outside.
Fire code and room capacity was the issue, that's why they could only allow a certain number of people and then you had to line up in a line to not block the exits....avert your eyes :D
  • Our experience at Rebel Hangar was okay. I think the key is to go later in the afternoon and not when they first opened. We sat in the Boba Fett room! The Cantina Band stopped by and goofed around with us. Maybe it was our fault, but no one wanted food (stuffed from the parade) so we just ordered drinks for our X-Wing glow cube ($40 worth though). The waitress had a bit of an attitude about that. I wish we would’ve tried some food but between the heat and munchies at the parade, I couldn’t fit anything in.
Wouldn't it be great if they had a bar set up, like Tune In Lounge at 50s Prime Time
  • FTF FP for SotS: Yes for priority seating! First class all the way. Couldn’t have asked for a better view. I was expecting the worst with an outdoor theater like TOtS but it actually wasn’t bad and stayed pretty cool. Loved the background set! Let’s carbon freeze something!
  • James Arnold Taylor and Warwick Davis were awesome! Loved them in SotS! I want an Ewok handbag now. Though I missed An Ewok’s Tale because we were so wiped at that point and opted for GMR.
  • Missed all the character photo opportunities because we didn’t have time.
  • We missed part of the dance party because Mama Melrose was backed up and our 7:20 reservation turned closer to 8pm. Tables were all gone except by the left of the stage. Once again, bad stage show viewing but great to see the fireworks. Desserts were okay. We were stuffed from the late dinner. The Florida heat really gets to everything. My poor Vader cupcake turned to a melty chocolate mess. The alcoholic drinks..skip them. Jedi Mind Trick was kinda gross.
  • With the exception of maybe a couple, the CMs were FANTASTIC! Everyone seemed to be enjoying the event and made a really great experience for us guests. One CM told us this was his favorite event of the year. I have to agree!

Definite "tips" for next year:

• Schedule more than 1 day! It was too much to cram in one day. I almost went nuts trying to get to everything.
  • Deluxe Premium: I love the regular package but I think for a few $$, this option would be worth it especially when you’re short on time.
  • Later time for any meal. It seemed like they just weren’t “on-point” at first opening.
  • More time to meet people on from the DisBoards. It was more “hi” and “bye” this year. I felt bad :(
  • Don’t mix the “special dining” (i.e. Sci Fi Breakfast and Rebel Lounge) with the Premium FTF. Too much to do!
Having all those meals in one day is a lot, plus the heat messes up your appetite

Hope to see you guys next year! I’m already booked for the Star Wars cruise (Feb 6th) but I’m trying to squeeze in another SWW for May.

I hope yo see you next year, report back on the cruise, have fun

I'm adding my videos of the motorcade and fireworks. Sorry if they're a little shaky.

Weekend III was our big all SWW/all the time weekend. It was also the the weekend we all started coming down with a hainous sinus infection. :(

School is normally out on Thursday (or earlier) but this year it was a Friday. After school we dropped off the cat at Best Friends and went to Caribbean Beach. I had earlier canceled a Rebel Hanger reservation, so we didn't even go to the park. It was a weird start for us.

Saturday (5/30) was our FTF package day. We got there at 8:45-early enough to sign our daughter up for PMC.
We got our FTF credentials and then went through the Build-your-own-Lego line. After that we got in our parade position. Our daughter was sitting up front and we were behind the kid area. It was about 10:15. We ate a Mickey Bar and popcorn and then it started to rain. We abandoned our parade spot and ran for cover at the Rebel Hanger area. We stayed until it was almost parade time (and people were looking for spots to eat). We went to the spot across from the JTA stage and watched the 501st March by. And we all know that is the best part of the parade anyway. ;)

Let me just say that sitting in the Rebel Hanger area with just the music and decorations (no Rebel food or characters) was just as awesome. I loved the atmosphere so much.

After the parade we had lunch at ABC Commisary. I really enjoyed the burger both times I ate there.

Eventually we made our way over to SWR show. We had fastpasses that day and got pretty good seats. We took a break at the Writer's Spot.
After that we got in line for Warwick's show. This time we had the FTF pass.

We ate dinner across from the theater and then opted to go ahead and get in line for the dessert party. I think it was about 7:30.

During all of our visits to SWW, we kept trying to go on the Great Movie Ride but the line was always insane.

The dessert party was good but unfortunately my daughter was starting to feel the effects of the sinus infection. It really made me kind of sad because the previous year, she was eating desserts and dancing and we just had the best time. This year we were just a bit more subdued. :(

Sunday our daughter woke up with a fever, so we took her to the near by Centra Care. It is a great place that I hope you will never need!
The daughter said she had a sinus infection and gave her an antibiotic. We had made the appointment online (so easy) and were in and out in an hour.
The girl said she felt better so we decided to try for SotS. We thought we were going to be late but we actually wound up being first in the fast pass line. We got there right before the Rebels show let out.The show was great. Warwick Davis is hilarious and so was Daniel Logan!

I would say that what worked for us is that my husband or I would stand in line with the small SW umbrella that we brought with us while the other parent and our daughter stood nearby in the shade.

We then went to Rebel Hanger. I enjoyed it a little better this time. We didn't go wild with the drinks, so it was a lot cheaper. ;). We got the fries, the chips and sith (?) and cheese plate. I learned that I like my cheese to be cold and straight from the fridge.

One of the Jawas came to the table but it was the one day we had nothing to trade. Then one of the Cantina Band members came by and sat with us for a little bit.

The key here is to have an empty chair closest to the aisle.

We went back to the hotel after that.

And that pretty much ended SWW for week III.

We did have one more SW day coming up and it turned out to be my most favorite. :)

For all those saying the heat messed with your appetites: I felt I ate pretty much usual amount (and the FtF package I know I got my money worth from Mickey bars lol) but I came home 5# lighter. Have had the kids weigh themselves, pushed fluids, and moved the scale- still 5lbs down. Does SWW excitement burn that many calories?? I may have found the next diet craze...

For all those saying the heat messed with your appetites: I felt I ate pretty much usual amount (and the FtF package I know I got my money worth from Mickey bars lol) but I came home 5# lighter. Have had the kids weigh themselves, pushed fluids, and moved the scale- still 5lbs down. Does SWW excitement burn that many calories?? I may have found the next diet craze...

I think it's the walking. I can often lose some weight at Disney, even with eating a lot more.

Definitely burned off some weight through SWW. I always seem to during the summer here at WDW.

Hello Gang,

Yes it is actually me.... I guess my wonderful vacation came with a karma price tag because it has been hell since I got back.

Starting with my best friend whom I call a sister having brain surgery (I wish I was making this stuff up).... and we had her stay with us a few days to help family take care of her till she could be by herself.

We lost a family pet to Cancer, it was my cat then when my granddaughter was in the womb it became hers (no kidding used to sleep on the tummy of my daughter in law while she was pregnant) and has been living with her until it's dying day :(

My other son's cat giving birth to kittens, one got stuck and passed away inside the mother so we had to have emergency c-section/spaying...

Work has been a nightmare I was just telling Yulilin about how I eat my lunch on the run, literally every day.... I haven't gotten a break since I got back!

I have a ton of pictures to share, a massive fun trip report to write... and a lot of catching up to do...

BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS (Mine and My Fiance's) I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHEERS! WE HEARD YOU, WE LOVED IT AND I TELL YOU I NEARLY CRIED A HALF DOZEN TIMES DURING THAT FIRST MARCH! I kept having to remind myself that I am supposed to be a stern, steadfast military officer! The Command Staff from the Florida Garrison told Disney that it was a couple from Indiana's first march and our lovable parade hosts announced that as we made it to turn the corner at the stage and I nearly fell over! Our hearts skipped a beat and I will never forget it (we are dying to find someone that filmed that parade and has the announcement in the sound tract of the video). The whole thing was an out of body experience that I must repeat a billion times! I was so glad that we marched twice so I could keep it together the 2nd time, me and my fiance even got to hold the banners and be in celebrity photos back sage, it was awesome!

Again a sincerest thank you from me, and "Mr Sunshine" aka Krazach (yes he actually has an account LOL)!

Love to all!

@MakiraMarlena

Week I
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-809#post-53675660

Mostly due to this thread I got one great day at SWW Saturday. I have all 3 spaceship glow cubes and a Boba Fett head stein. They ran out of the steins quickly, that's going to be the big purchase this year.

I did the premium package and they let me check in about 9 AM, get a card for Stars of the Saga (traded in my fastpass) and I left until 10 when they let the line in. I wasn't in the front but I got some pictures anyway. Stars of the Saga was great, Mr. McDiarmid was very entertaining although Ms. Allen was a bit flat. for the dessert party, stand to the left of the stage, not right in front of it, to see fireworks. (that does mean you won't be able to see much of the preshow but it is on a screen too). I really like the Jabba cupcake. Next weekend I'll have friends with me but I didn't have trouble getting back to a table.

Loved Rebel Hangar. A friend and I had the cheese sabers and a sith & chips and it was plenty of food. Portions seem huge. the Rebel Red drink is pretty strong and the Dark Side martini comes with a dark chocolate truffle. The Cantina Band came through. They did visit tables. I have one of them painted on my magic band and they loved that. There were a couple of jawas too. No other characters appeared while I was there.

Pretty sure I saw Sunrise marching in the parade.

And the Imperial officers were out in the afternoon, interrogating passersby. They are pretty funny, for Imperial officers.

The redhead in the BLACK Officer was me and right beside me in the same row was Mr Sunshine :)

I had been wondering what happened to you!!
I am so sorry things have been rough.

We were standing in the small parade viewing area across from the JTA and got to watch your first parade. It was thrilling for me and I wasn't even in it!!
Look forward to you trip reports!

I had been wondering what happened to you!!
I am so sorry things have been rough.

We were standing in the small parade viewing area across from the JTA and got to watch your first parade. It was thrilling for me and I wasn't even in it!!
Look forward to you trip reports!

Hello Jane... so awesome that you were one of the ones that saw us live... I really could feel the great vibes and loved hearing the cheers, we heard people cheer out Sunshine and even someone call out "I'm from the DISboards" it was so exciting!

I have always believed "With the sweets comes the sour..." and my SWW 2015 Experience (can't just call it a trip because it was much more than that) hit my top ten list of moments in my life, so I knew I was bound to have sour spots else where, I just didn't realize it would come directly after!

Despite my lack of time I keep checking WDW site to see when the resort reservations will open up for June 2016... Yes we are going back... going to be a busy year for us next year... Cancun Wedding/Honeymoon in March, SWW in June and Food and Wine huge family trip in October!

A couple things we have learned and we will take under consideration while making resort reservations from now on... we are too park commando... we even stayed 12 days at AKL CL for pete sake and only saw the Club Level lounge for breakfast 7 of the 12 days and two times we hit it for snacks after "Marching for the Mouse" that we grabbed quickly then took them with us to our room to eat while taking showers and recouping for the heat! That was it, we didn't even swim in the pool! We did enjoy the safaris and special perks and having our purchases sent directly to the room was a real treat rather than having to wait in line to pick them up... BUT if we don't relax at the resort more Club Level is not worth our money....

Because of two trips to WDW next year and the wedding, and our park commando attitude, we are looking at a value resort rather than a deluxe... and we hope with all the hope we have that we will be bringing the car down with our stormtroopers :) so getting around will not be an issue. So be prepared to have me ask a ton of questions when planning next years trip :P

We have started painting the garage in the midst of our nightmares on the weekend so that we have a good place to take photographs of our costumes when we submit them for approval, then we will be working on the stormtroopers themselves more on the weekends....

@The Sunrise Student
So sorry to hear about all of the issues and work stresses. Hopefully happy thoughts of your vacation and future SWW can help you to keep it together. I hope to see you both marching again next year for my first SWW.

Hi Soniam, Thank you for your well wishes... Thankfully I am still on a high note from the 2015 SWW Experience, and with a great year to come in 2016 it's helpful!

We are already guessing dates of SWW 2016 at our house (just going off 4 weeks in case we aren't lucky enough to get 5) and we are guessing week 4 will be June 10th through the 12th AND that is when we are planning to be there...

We are gonna cheat like crazy this next time out... we plan to upgrade our park tickets to annual passes so we can get three trips on one annual pass... so we figure if we hit 2016 in mid June we can hit SWW 2017 for weekend 1 :P then you add in our October trip where we are renting a house and BAM! 3 trips on one pass :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter