***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

For those who have been in December before....do the restaurants get decorated for the holidays? If so, are there any that stand out as being really well done?

I can't really remember if the restaurants are decorated for the holidays, other than maybe a tree...but the resorts are incredible. The Grand Floridian is amazing. A real life size gingerbread house in the lobby. The Beach Club and the Boardwalk lobbies are beautiful. My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge. We are staying there this year. The Christmas decorations in the lobby are amazing.

We bit the bullet and decided on THE CONTEMPORARY!!!! I can not believe we are staying there in a theme park view. It's like a dream come true for us! We also added a day to the end so we're Dec 15-22.

You will love it!

I can't really remember if the restaurants are decorated for the holidays, other than maybe a tree...but the resorts are incredible. The Grand Floridian is amazing. A real life size gingerbread house in the lobby. The Beach Club and the Boardwalk lobbies are beautiful. My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge. We are staying there this year. The Christmas decorations in the lobby are amazing.
Ok, thanks. We will be at Boardwalk. Thinking about taking side trips to see WL and GF lobbies. We've stayed at both before, so we didnt want to stay again, but I sure would like to see them all decked out for the holidays!

We've decided to do a short trip to kick off the holiday season this year, so we're booked at BWI for 11/29-12/3 and will do MVMCP on 12/2. Keeping it a secret from our kids until right before. It will be our first visit to WDW during Christmas time - exciting! :teeth:

This will be our first time visiting WDW in December. My teen daughter and I are booked at SSR from 12/3 - 12/7. We have MVMCP tickets for 12/4. This will be a shorter trip than we are used to, so I hope we can still see everything we want to see. We would like to see the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge lobby decorations and are wondering if it's feasible to do this on our departure day. Our plane leaves at 7:15 pm, and we will be using ME for the first time ever on this trip so we're not yet sure how that works. We usually drive to WDW, so being completely dependent on Disney transportation will be a new experience for us. We will have lots of new firsts on this trip!

Joining the December thread because our trip is booked Dec 11-19 AKL Kidani Villages. We are doing a split stay staring at US Loews Pacific. I purchased my tickets from UCT b4 the price hikes. Only thing left is plane tickets and waiting for my ADR window.

We have had the dining plan in past but this time we are doing dining OOP

Some thoughts and rough draft on dining options

Hoop Dee Doo (this is a must this trip)
Saana (a first for lunch maybe)
Cali Grill (must do)
Via Napoli (first time)
Tusker House. (First time breakfast)
Momma Melrose (a favorite)
Sci Fi Drive In (maybe for lunch)
Columbia Harbo House (a fave QS)
Pecos Bills (Lunch)
Skippers Canteen

This is a short list and looks full. Still working out what exactly I want to do park wise each day and then will nail down options better. We are in a 1 BR villa this trip and we will eat some there too

Have you been to Universal before? It is awesome. We went last December and it was wonderful; much fun. You will love the express pass there, and the excellent rides, and of course, HP world if you and/or family members are fans.

Haaaallooo December friends! The roll call has been updated. It is in order by arrival date - please reply if you'd like any edits. Apologies in advance for any errors.

I'm 12/1 to 12/8 BRV Thanks!

Haaaallooo December friends! The roll call has been updated. It is in order by arrival date - please reply if you'd like any edits. Apologies in advance for any errors.

We would like to extend our trip to 12/17, other than that it looks great!

Is anyone else having problems trying to pick which day to go where? I am trying to figure out ADR and just get stuck. I have never had this happen before! I probably am trying to figure it out to early, I still have 54 days until ADR day.

Is anyone else having problems trying to pick which day to go where? I am trying to figure out ADR and just get stuck. I have never had this happen before! I probably am trying to figure it out to early, I still have 54 days until ADR day.

I have been trying to figure out roughly where we will be to estimate dining costs, I am on the fence about if we should drop the dining package I added and keep the room discount I got through an agent or if they offer free dining to take that and be able to stay one extra day that we originally planned on having. We had to drop a day to keep the good discount. So many decisions and this waiting is driving me insane!!! I know I have 8 months to go but this is how I get through the icky wet grey weather ;)

Newbie here....how does the Free Dining Work? If we book now for 12/8 - 12/15 and then they announce free dining, are we still eligible? Thanks for your help!

I have been trying to figure out roughly where we will be to estimate dining costs, I am on the fence about if we should drop the dining package I added and keep the room discount I got through an agent or if they offer free dining to take that and be able to stay one extra day that we originally planned on having. We had to drop a day to keep the good discount. So many decisions and this waiting is driving me insane!!! I know I have 8 months to go but this is how I get through the icky wet grey weather ;)
I think I am doing the same, using Disney planning as my winter blues therapy!

Newbie here....how does the Free Dining Work? If we book now for 12/8 - 12/15 and then they announce free dining, are we still eligible? Thanks for your help!

Depending on if they released the promo or not, I believe most years they released the promo at the end of April. If you can get your room category when it is released you should be able to change your reservation over. Depending on what hotel you are staying at will determine which type of rooms are available etc.

I have read some people had to make a new reservation because they were not able to add the promo but I have never done it so don't quote me ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter