OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

My husband and four children (3 teen boys and a 10-year old daughter) will be doing this in June. I was thinking of purchasing the pre-paid Photo Pass. When their Pirate League photos are taken, is it possible to have a group picture as well as individual photos taken? Also, if I have to purchase a photo, will I have to purchase just one photo before they add all others to the photo pass, or would I have to purchase one phote for each ( 5 x $15 = $75) before they'd add the rest to the photo pass? Any suggestions for teens doing this? I think they will come with the right attitude and have fun.

You have to purchase one photo per ticket. So if you're paying for everyone together, you just have to purchase one picture then the rest will be placed on the photo pass.

The lighting for the portrait is only designed for one person. They will sometimes allow a group picture, but additional faces will be dark so it doesn't work very well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they must have extended hours before MNSSHP. I just called this afternoon and booked a 6:00pm appointment for my 2 kids before the November 1 MNSSHP.

Oh don't tell me it is a mistake! I requested a later time and the CM on the phone told me she could book until after 7pm! Do you think I should call back? I left a CC# and she gave me a confirmation #.

Oh don't tell me it is a mistake! I requested a later time and the CM on the phone told me she could book until after 7pm! Do you think I should call back? I left a CC# and she gave me a confirmation #.

I hope it's not a mistake, being open to 7 on party nights would be great! But for your sanity I would double check... let us know what they say!

So excited, just booked PL for my son @3:30 on 12/2, while DD has BBB at 4. At 5:30, we have dinner at CRT, followed by MVMCP! What a great night!!

Can anyone tell me what the Brigade thing is at 4, and will my DS be able to participate if his appt is at 3:30 or will they still be working on him?

Thanks!

My son did this last week - we didn't plan it, but went by the Pirate's League first thing (after eating at the Crystal Palace at 8.15am) - I was expecting to have to come back later, but they took him right in :) He was thrilled and had a blast - I would definitely recommend it ! Pirate Lonnie was great !

pirate4.jpg

pirate12.jpg

So excited, just booked PL for my son @3:30 on 12/2, while DD has BBB at 4. At 5:30, we have dinner at CRT, followed by MVMCP! What a great night!!

Can anyone tell me what the Brigade thing is at 4, and will my DS be able to participate if his appt is at 3:30 or will they still be working on him?

Thanks!

Check out this video.

3:30 will be a little tight for the Brigade. The average time for the experience is closer to 45 min, and sometimes there's a wait before getting started which can push back that time.

My son did this last week - we didn't plan it, but went by the Pirate's League first thing (after eating at the Crystal Palace at 8.15am) - I was expecting to have to come back later, but they took him right in :) He was thrilled and had a blast - I would definitely recommend it ! Pirate Lonnie was great !

Excellent! I shared your images with Lonnie!

Any update on this? Any confirmation if the hours have been extended on MNSSHP nights? :confused3

It looks like a glitch in the reservation system. They have still not decided if they are going to be open late for parties, but the system is allowing DRC to book reservations. I think they would like to stay open, but at this time there is not enough staffing to do so. It'll probably be awhile before a final decision can be made.

It looks like a glitch in the reservation system. They have still not decided if they are going to be open late for parties, but the system is allowing DRC to book reservations. I think they would like to stay open, but at this time there is not enough staffing to do so. It'll probably be awhile before a final decision can be made.

I made a reservation yesterday for 5 p.m. on Oct. 7...a party night. Will someone let me know if it gets canceled? I will try to get him an earlier reservation if so...but we will be so sad. It seemed like a perfect set-up for right before the party.

I should add that the CM making my reservation said there was a note on her computer that said the league had extended hours on specially ticketed nights...or something like that. At first she didn't think she could make one past 3:30 and was surprised she was able to and then read that note to me and said she was glad to know it.

OK, I just HAD to come on here & post about our experience at the Pirate's League. Last year, we did BBB on our trip & my youngest daughter really wanted to go back, but since my son went to BBB & got the "Cool Dude" last year, I thought it was only fair that we do the pirate's league this time. My oldest daughter & my son were totally excited about it, but my youngest daughter cried. Well, after their experience, even my youngest daughter said that the Pirate's League was her favorite thing from the entire trip & was much, much better than BBB.

The CMs here are so amazing - so nice & sweet to the kids - in character the entire time & so funny. The girl who checked us in & got the kids their "pirate names" decided how to match the kids up with the CMs & she was spot on - my oldest daughter got the "crazy CM" & my oldest is such a ham herself that she totally loved this. My youngest is a girly girl & was matched up with the sweetest CM. My son is SUPER shy & his CM joked around with him the whole time but was also very aware of how shy my son is & so he didn't come on too strong, but was just very sweet & silly with him. My son didn't say a lot during the experience b/c he is so shy, but he can't stop talking about it ever since. Also, ALL of the CMs made a big deal about the fact that he was wearing pirate crocs & he got a kick out of that.

I can not stress enough how worth the $$$ this experience is. My husband & I couldn't have been happier with our experience. My youngest lost her earring about 20 minutes after we left & I walked back in and told them & they replaced it - no charge.

OH - and I am SO glad that Brenna mentioned somewhere (either on this thread or somewhere else on the dis) about using shaving cream to remove the eye makeup for the skeleton face - NOTHING else would take it off - make up remover, eye cleanser, baby wipes - it wouldn't budge & then I remembered about the shaving cream & it worked! Thank goodness - we had breakfast reservations the next morning & the "black eye" look wouldn't have worked!

Some pics:

Getting their pirate name:
370.jpg

372.jpg

375.jpg

Getting made over:
377.jpg

385.jpg

Taking the pirate pledge:
390.jpg

397.jpg

399.jpg

With their CMs:
393.jpg

396.jpg

403.jpg

401.jpg

Sword Fighting:
404.jpg

432.jpg

With Pirate Goofy:
406.jpg

At the pirate tutorial with Jack Sparrow:
415.jpg

418.jpg

425.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was!

I made a reservation yesterday for 5 p.m. on Oct. 7...a party night. Will someone let me know if it gets canceled? I will try to get him an earlier reservation if so...but we will be so sad. It seemed like a perfect set-up for right before the party.

I should add that the CM making my reservation said there was a note on her computer that said the league had extended hours on specially ticketed nights...or something like that.

Here's hoping you get to keep your ressie. I will probably try calling later tonight to try to get a ressie for our DD for our MNSSHP night.

I'll update if I have any success.

OK, I just HAD to come on here & post about our experience at the Pirate's League.

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was!

Please do not apologise for sharing those awesome photos - it helps the rest of us with our planning! :thumbsup2 You can really tell by your children's expressions that they had a fabulous time! pirate:

OH - and I am SO glad that Brenna mentioned somewhere (either on this thread or somewhere else on the dis) about using shaving cream to remove the eye makeup for the skeleton face - NOTHING else would take it off - make up remover, eye cleanser, baby wipes - it wouldn't budge & then I remembered about the shaving cream & it worked!

What a wonderful review - I shared your picture with the Pirates. Glad to know the shaving cream worked out. I have personally never tried it, but some of the male pirates swore by it!!

Here's hoping you get to keep your ressie. I will probably try calling later tonight to try to get a ressie for our DD for our MNSSHP night.

I'll update if I have any success.

As far as I know they are continuing to book reservations up to 7:10 (I tried to book a couple in the system and it allowed me to). I contacted the Manager to see if she knew or could give me any information that I can share - still have not heard back. If anything, book it at the later time and if it doesn't work someone will contact you!

Has anyone got any information on the "Captain" options - $125 including costume? I signed myself my fiance and my two daughters (10 and 12) to do this together, but I haven't seen ANY info on it anywhere!? Is this really new? The CM told me we had our choice of any costume with the package!

:confused3

Has anyone got any information on the "Captain" options - $125 including costume? I signed myself my fiance and my two daughters (10 and 12) to do this together, but I haven't seen ANY info on it anywhere!? Is this really new? The CM told me we had our choice of any costume with the package!

:confused3

The Captain's package was discontinued earlier this year. There is only one package available ($29.95), with the option to add on the costume. See the first post for options.

Sorry for so many pictures - with three kids it was hard to narrow the pics down & still show how cool this experience was![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the pics!!! They were great. Where did you get the costumes for the girls? thansk!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter