OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

My daughter has been obsessed with the Pirate Princess costume since she wore it in the kids' club on our cruise this summer and I want to surprise her with it at the PL next month :cool1: But I want to make sure it's going to be available or if I need to bring a back-up.

Is the stock usually pretty full? Or is there a chance it will be gone by the late afternoon?

TIA!

Berlioz70 and other experts -

Today my DS7 told me that he wants to do PL during our March Spring Break Trip. So I am wondering if I can adjust our reservations and accomplish the following:

• March 26 - MK opens at 9
  • BBB for DD5princess: at 8AM (open) - Crown Package includes hairstyling, makeup and nails — no photo package
  • PL for DS7pirate: at 9AM (open) - He does not want the full white skull face which I think would take longest of the looks.
  • CRT for breakfast at 10:15
So... can it be done? We have been to BBB at 8 before and been done by 8:30ish with the crown pkg. But I have no idea how long PL really takes with the post-make-up activities and we really want to have breakfast at CRT afterwards.

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

My daughter has been obsessed with the Pirate Princess costume since she wore it in the kids' club on our cruise this summer and I want to surprise her with it at the PL next month :cool1: But I want to make sure it's going to be available or if I need to bring a back-up.

Is the stock usually pretty full? Or is there a chance it will be gone by the late afternoon?

TIA!

The Maiden dress has typically sold out the quickest, because it's the only female option. I can't speak to the stock for next month, but if it's a hands down must have then I'd recommend having a back up.

Additionally, stock is not new every day, it comes in more sporadically. So a morning or afternoon appointment wouldn't really make that much of a difference.

Berlioz70 and other experts -

Today my DS7 told me that he wants to do PL during our March Spring Break Trip. So I am wondering if I can adjust our reservations and accomplish the following:

• March 26 - MK opens at 9
  • BBB for DD5princess: at 8AM (open) - Crown Package includes hairstyling, makeup and nails — no photo package
  • PL for DS7pirate: at 9AM (open) - He does not want the full white skull face which I think would take longest of the looks.
  • CRT for breakfast at 10:15
So... can it be done? We have been to BBB at 8 before and been done by 8:30ish with the crown pkg. But I have no idea how long PL really takes with the post-make-up activities and we really want to have breakfast at CRT afterwards.

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

If you can guarantee that you'll be checking in at TPL at 9, you should be fine - the longest look is Multi-eye Jack. Let them know at check-in that you have a 10:15 ADR and they'll write it on your Muster Form as a heads up to your Pirate Master. If it hits 9:30 and it doesn't seem like you're moving very fast, let the Pirate Master know about your ADR. You'll want your DS to be starting the oath by about 9:40.

How many people can you book for the same appointment time?

two

My kids 3, 8, and 11 did the PL on Friday and they LOVED it!!!! We will be doing it again next trip! It is worth the money. What topped it off was Jack Sparrow came through and everyone got pictures with him.

Just wanted to check and see if anyone's daughter had gotten one of the "boy" looks. DD3 wants to be just like her brother, who always gets the skull face. When I made the reservation, the CM asked which girl package she wanted, and I told her neither, that she wanted the skull face. While she said this was fine, she seemed really surprised.

I really hope this won't be a problem when we get there. An unhappy almost 4 year old girl is not fun...

Girls get the "boys" look ALL THE TIME - do not worry at all!!! If you look at the picture of the faces in the first post, the image of the "Smokey Eye Jack" is actually a little girl (yes, with a beard).

Go for it! My 9 year old son did it last year and loved it. We laughed at the pirates doing the make up and quite honestly when they were done I hardly recognized my own child! Well worth it! His 18 year old brother was sorry he didn't opt for it.

My son wants to know if they will paint the scare on his hand rather than his face.... and yes, I realize this will wash off sooner... just askin'

Also - will they do partial looks? He thinks a black eye is ok, but is not keen on the beard.. and of course wants the scare on his hand... I have NO idea where on earth he got this picky thing from :rotfl:

Thanks!

Girls get the "boys" look ALL THE TIME - do not worry at all!!! If you look at the picture of the faces in the first post, the image of the "Smokey Eye Jack" is actually a little girl (yes, with a beard).

Thank you SO much! One less thing to stress about for our trip.

My three boys will be doing the Pirates League on our trip... now I'm wishing that I had opted to do it, too. :laughing:

My son wants to know if they will paint the scare on his hand rather than his face.... and yes, I realize this will wash off sooner... just askin'

Also - will they do partial looks? He thinks a black eye is ok, but is not keen on the beard.. and of course wants the scare on his hand... I have NO idea where on earth he got this picky thing from :rotfl:

Thanks!

Good and Bad News.

Unfortunately, the scar must be on the face, they will not draw a full scare any where but the cheek.

However, the beard is optional on the Jack looks (not optional on the Hook), so that will be fine!

What are the options for the girls. Someone mentioned that there were different girl packages. Thanks!

Check the first post for current face options. There used to be different package options, but now everyone gets the same package, just the face changes.

The only girl focused option is the Empress, however, girls are welcome to get any of the looks. The Beard is optional for the 3 Jack Looks. In the first post, the Smokey Eye is actually a girl (yes, with the beard).

I am DESPERATELY looking for any cancellations on Wednesday, October 19th. Time doesn't matter. I would LOVE for my 4 year old grandson to enjoy this.
Thanks so much!:flower3:

So 9:00 is the earliest appointment? I wish they could start at 8am so we could time it where he could get this done before the pirate scavenger cruise at GF. If I am correct, the cruise goes out at 9:30. We will be going in the summer...

Correct, 9 is the earliest. They've never opened at 8am.

This was given to me by a current TPL CM. We weren't sure when we would be allowed to say anything, but she mentioned that one of the Managers was talking about these upcoming changes with other Guests so she asked me to share it with you all!

The packages are all being adjusted in the coming months. Some of the changes are currently unknown, but its believed that the First Mate option will be losing the fake teeth and will be gaining something else.

The empresses is going through a complete makeover, to make it more piratey and less princessy.

The mermaid is coming back, in a slightly different look and package.

And a new package, based on Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, will be created for pirates under the age of 3. It will not feature pirate paint, but will include other activities based on the TV show.

All of these changes will come with a slight price increse... rumor is that all packages will be increased by $5, making them $34.95.

I know you'll have tons of questions, but to be honest that's about all I know. Hopefully some of the other Pirate Masters will jump in to provide more info as it becomes available. I think the target is in December, but that's not confirmed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter