OFFICIAL THREAD: DIS/Dreams Event - Disneyland Resort 08/04 & 08/05/2023

Email I just sent to everyone already signed up for the party/event.

SUBJECT: Possible Change of Venue for our DIS/Dreams Party on August 4, 2023 - Please read and respond

Hi All

As I’m sure you’re aware we recently found out that Toy Story Midway Mania will be down for a rehab during our 8/4/23 party at Pixar Pier and would not be available to us. I was disappointed to hear this news as that ride was a major reason for choosing Pixar Pier.

Disneyland event services has offered up a solution that I hope you all will find suitable.

A little background – when I first started planning this event I originally requested Avengers Campus in California Adventure and the two rides there – Webslingers and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. Having ridden them both I know they are super fun and people love to ride them more than once. Well, at that time Avengers Campus was not available to book for our event dates.

Now it is 😊

So – how would you feel if we completely moved the event to Avengers Campus?

The new party would include:
  • Private Reception 9PM – 11PM
  • Avengers Campus Private Event 11PM – 1AM
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spiderman Adventure
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
  • Special guests
I would love your thoughts on whether we keep Pixar Pier or move to Avengers Campus.

Thanks!!!
John
As a Disneyland local, I am fine with either location. I am really going to meet and interact with the team!

I've already emailed back, but I'm super excited at the prospect of moving to Avenger's Campus. Including my all time favorite ride (Guardians) is just too exciting to not post.

Email I just sent to everyone already signed up for the party/event.

SUBJECT: Possible Change of Venue for our DIS/Dreams Party on August 4, 2023 - Please read and respond

Hi All

As I’m sure you’re aware we recently found out that Toy Story Midway Mania will be down for a rehab during our 8/4/23 party at Pixar Pier and would not be available to us. I was disappointed to hear this news as that ride was a major reason for choosing Pixar Pier.

Disneyland event services has offered up a solution that I hope you all will find suitable.

A little background – when I first started planning this event I originally requested Avengers Campus in California Adventure and the two rides there – Webslingers and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. Having ridden them both I know they are super fun and people love to ride them more than once. Well, at that time Avengers Campus was not available to book for our event dates.

Now it is 😊

So – how would you feel if we completely moved the event to Avengers Campus?

The new party would include:
  • Private Reception 9PM – 11PM
  • Avengers Campus Private Event 11PM – 1AM
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spiderman Adventure
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
  • Special guests
I would love your thoughts on whether we keep Pixar Pier or move to Avengers Campus.

Thanks!!!
John
Will we get our photos from Guardians? At least if we've paid for them for the day?

Possibly. I bought 2 tickets thinking one of my daughters would be able to join me, but it might not work out. While I could bring a friend, I sure do love my solo visits and might just go with that.

In addition to the Walt's apartment tour on the morning of the 6th, my hubby and I are also doing the 9:15 PM World of Color dessert party that evening. We'd love to have other DISers seated with us if you can! I don't know if there's any more availability (for either event), but I'm crossing my fingers for anyone who'd like to join us!

My daughter and her (will be) husband are attending the event with me. I just purchased a third ticket, but I have my name on all the tickets. Does that matter? I wasn't sure who I was going to bring originally when I bought the first 2 tickets.

Those are some really awesome updates! Thanks to everyone involved for what's looking to be a worthwhile event!

MARVELous party line up. Congrats on creating a memorable and fun event! Wish I could be there, but I'll be staffing another convention elsewhere.
Excelsior, DISers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter