Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

I don't know about fly, but maybe I will break my secret (but not a secret since I am putting it here) goal of 2:45. :) My real goal is 3 hours, which I think that I can do. That 13 mile run above with the hills took me 3:09, but I had a lot of problems during it, including almost a half mile of unplowed road (ankle to shin deep snow) that I had to walk through, the hills, and a snowstorm with cold winds starting around mile 10. So I'm feeling pretty good about breaking 3 in CA! I've got my one last 13 miles this coming Saturday where it should be warmer and I'm skipping the unplowed road. :)

I don't know about fly, but maybe I will break my secret (but not a secret since I am putting it here) goal of 2:45. :) My real goal is 3 hours, which I think that I can do. That 13 mile run above with the hills took me 3:09, but I had a lot of problems during it, including almost a half mile of unplowed road (ankle to shin deep snow) that I had to walk through, the hills, and a snowstorm with cold winds starting around mile 10. So I'm feeling pretty good about breaking 3 in CA! I've got my one last 13 miles this coming Saturday where it should be warmer and I'm skipping the unplowed road. :)

:tinker:Sending good luck pixie dust your way!!!!

Trying to pick up a new hobby! Went hiking outside of LA today. Needed to keep moving but wasn't really feeling a 3rd day of running in a row. Definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow. We've got a list of places we want to try next so hopefully I can keep this going. It was a fun adventurous afternoon!

In other news, I'm waiting on a couple of new Brooks! They should be getting here in the next few days. I'm so excited. I couldn't pass up the price and free returns if they don't fit. But this style has been my absolute favorite since I found them so hopefully they won't disappoint.

FYI, just checked my email and runDisney has sent out a reminder about required documents with links to the event guide and waivers. It's getting so real!

I finally got the email this time now that I signed up on the rD site. :D I noticed the other day that all the previous ones that I missed are archived on the site, too. I just assumed when I registered that they'd email the race people automatically, I never thought to opt in on the rD site.

I finally got the email this time now that I signed up on the rD site. :D I noticed the other day that all the previous ones that I missed are archived on the site, too. I just assumed when I registered that they'd email the race people automatically, I never thought to opt in on the rD site.

I just looked at what you meant and I don't remember them doing that before. Must be new, but definitely a good thing to have! Wish they had done that back when I didn't receive the emails.

Aw, wish you were going to be out for this too!

Got my new Brooks in today, so the training can continue!! Now this time I need to remember to try and track how many miles I put on them. Ended up ordering 2 pair, couldn't pass up the deal I found. I normally hate buying shoes online, but no store I could get to easily at the moment carried the ones I run in. Now I can alternate and they'll last longer ;) Anything I can tell myself to justify new shoes.

Got my new Brooks in today, so the training can continue!! Now this time I need to remember to try and track how many miles I put on them. Ended up ordering 2 pair, couldn't pass up the deal I found. I normally hate buying shoes online, but no store I could get to easily at the moment carried the ones I run in. Now I can alternate and they'll last longer ;) Anything I can tell myself to justify new shoes.

Saw that!!! Pretties!!

Congrats! New shoes are awesome. I need to get a second pair of mine now that I've switched. For tracking miles, I picked up a neat little doo hickey at the expo for the Cherry Blossom Not-Ten Mile last week - it's called the Milestone Pod and you lace it into your shoe. It tracks the miles you put on the shoes, along with giving you feedback on your running form. I don't know how much I trust it for some things (it tells me I heel strike 100% and I am not sure I do, but it might be right) but for others like cadence it's probably accurate. I'm not entirely sure how to use all the feedback, but at least I get the mileage part.

No! But at least you know you have your reg done for next year and it'll be crazy-crazy reg w/ the anniversary.

Oh man, isn't that the truth. I'm really hoping that they let legacy runners have a chance to register for sure if they wish to continue. I think that will be the most stressed I have ever been for a registration. If I have put in these 3 (almost 4) years, I am going to be so insanely upset if I miss out on year 5.

Congrats! New shoes are awesome. I need to get a second pair of mine now that I've switched. For tracking miles, I picked up a neat little doo hickey at the expo for the Cherry Blossom Not-Ten Mile last week - it's called the Milestone Pod and you lace it into your shoe. It tracks the miles you put on the shoes, along with giving you feedback on your running form. I don't know how much I trust it for some things (it tells me I heel strike 100% and I am not sure I do, but it might be right) but for others like cadence it's probably accurate. I'm not entirely sure how to use all the feedback, but at least I get the mileage part.

Wow, sounds like a cool little thing. Right now i'm probably going the old fashioned route of paper and pencil, although I do post most of my training stuff on instagram so maybe I'll just track it in the tags.

The joy of new shoes! What model did you get? How are they working out?

I run in Brooks, too. I've been wanting to try the Launch2. I'm hesitating, though, because I've always run in a "semi-curved" last/shoe shape and noticed the Launch2 has a "curved" last.

Keels will you be registering for Tink 2016. I saw you post links for registration, do you post links for AP/DVC early sign up, as well?

Oh man, isn't that the truth. I'm really hoping that they let legacy runners have a chance to register for sure if they wish to continue. I think that will be the most stressed I have ever been for a registration. If I have put in these 3 (almost 4) years, I am going to be so insanely upset if I miss out on year 5.

Tink is the last race I can reg for before my AP runs out in Sept so thankfully I'll get 2 chances; if not... I don't know what I'd do hopefully Travel Agents or something. Perfect Pixies here we come!!!

I thought I read somewhere that they gave W&D legacies about a week after open registration to use a special password to get into the race. :confused3

Maybe they'll do that for Tink!

Tink is the last race I can reg for before my AP runs out in Sept so thankfully I'll get 2 chances; if not... I don't know what I'd do hopefully Travel Agents or something. Perfect Pixies here we come!!!

Perfect Pixies, indeed!! And so far I'll be perfect on the 10K, even if it wasn't a challenge last year (still bummed about that).

I thought I read somewhere that they gave W&D legacies about a week after open registration to use a special password to get into the race. :confused3

Maybe they'll do that for Tink!

I hope so! Fingers crossed, but we have awhile to go before that is an issue.

I'm really hoping that they let legacy runners have a chance to register for sure if they wish to continue. I think that will be the most stressed I have ever been for a registration.

I'm with you....It would break my heart to miss being a perfect pixie. It's almost worth the stress to go to a travel co to make sure I've got a spot. (That's if they are not kind to the legacy runners) I've run this race sick and injured in order to stay legacy....not going to let registration get in the way. I know I sound a little crazy...but you guy get it.
I missed being legacy for the DL 1/2. Didn't have the confidence to do it the first year, so we did the 5K instead. DH still will not let me forget that and now yrs later we're still participating in it and have never missed a year.

DH is Perfectly Goofy. He got an email last week to try to sign up at early or regular registration, but that if he didn't get in that way, to contact RD and they would have a spot reserved for him. I hope they would do the same for other legacy runners. Of course, there are fewer than 200 Perfectly Goofys left!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter