Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

I've mostly been a lurker here but wanted to comment. My husband and I ran the Goofy together and had the same issue with our pictures. Both of our accounts had most of the same pictures, but his account had some pictures of the two of us that my account didn't have. I contaced the company and they said that as long as I was visible in the pictures, they could add them to the account. They however, would not add any that just had him in them. I used the contact us e-mail from their site and gave them my bib # and the photo id's that I wanted added to my account. It took a few days but I just checked and they did add them. Hope that helps someone.

That's encouraging since I'm clearly pictured in the two I want. I did include the photo ID numbers in my email along with both our bib numbers, so hopefully they'll add them. Thanks.

After looking at mydisneymarathon.com page and noticing that the picture on my page is not of me, I contacted RunDisney to see if they can change it. They said it was an IT issue and that at this point they will look into it and see if they can change it, but they are doubtful if it can be changed. I think it is really cool to have a webpage that has all your race information on it, but it really defeats the purpose if there is a picture of someone else on your page. I also find it hard to believe that someone can't fix it.

Add me to the list of wanting Brightroom back... I called today as none of my half marathon pictures had downloaded. I also noticed that many on my pictures of my husband and myself were not in his Goofy set of pictures.
They ended up downloading all of mine for free! We still dont have finish line photos, but they are looking for them. I actually found a picture in the unidetified photos of us that clearly had both of out bib numbers. As I was going thru them, it looked as thou they only assigned one bib number to a photo. This could be diapointing if multiple people were in the photos.

Sorry so many folks are unhappy with the photos. I pointed this out shortly after the race and at that time, didn't have 5K photos or finish line photos. Still don't have any 5K photos unless I use a different link, via brightroom. And even then, there's no photos with my bib number or my last name. I can only find photos of me using my friends name and bib number - because we did that one together, we're in the photos together. If I weren't with her, I wouldn't have any at all from the 5K!! Oh, and only got 1 finish line photo. One. I'm actually glad now others are unhappy as well. I mean, still sad about the photos, but glad I'm not the only one who is unhappy! You know what I mean...

Update on the moving pictures question...I just got an email from them and they did move the two pictures I requested over to my account, so maybe being specific about the photo IDs I was requesting helped with that.

Diskidatheart said:
After looking at mydisneymarathon.com page and noticing that the picture on my page is not of me, I contacted RunDisney to see if they can change it. They said it was an IT issue and that at this point they will look into it and see if they can change it, but they are doubtful if it can be changed. I think it is really cool to have a webpage that has all your race information on it, but it really defeats the purpose if there is a picture of someone else on your page. I also find it hard to believe that someone can't fix it.

I noticed the course maps that we can access from the Media page are old course maps. I remember when the Galloway training plans were first published there were some mistakes in those too. Not very polished! RunDisney needs some QA on their team.

Regarding pictures, mine actually came out alright. But this company did the 2012 Columbus Marathon. At that race I had 3 pics, and my husband only had 2. Only 1 was really good enough to purchase.

ZellyB said:
Update on the moving pictures question...I just got an email from them and they did move the two pictures I requested over to my account, so maybe being specific about the photo IDs I was requesting helped with that.

Dadgum! (As Mater would say)
I sent them photo ID's and they just sent me a form letter saying No.

ZellyB said:
That's ridiculous. Have you tried to call them about it? Maybe it's just a matter of the person who gets your email.

I sent a polite follow up email. If I don't hear back in a couple days, I will give them a call.

Dadgum! (As Mater would say)
I sent them photo ID's and they just sent me a form letter saying No.

I would send a new request with all of the information. It seems like one of those situations where it depends on who is answering the emails... good luck!

So marathonfoto just called me (Event Photography group) and said that on my Goofy collage, only 1 of the 4 photos I chose was coming up in their system. I had to go on the website and find the right photo numbers, and email her back with them, along with what order to put them in.

On the plus side, she is giving me 1 free digital download for my troubles. So I've got that going for me, which is nice....

Just thought I'd share; for those of you who are having troubles with the company (myself included) there is a silver lining sometimes!

If you post a request on the MarathonFoto facebook page, it is easy to get photos added or moved from other accounts to yours, as long as you are in the photo. Just post your request with the specific photo numbers you want moved, and your account (bib) number. My sister and I ran together, but she had some photos I did not. It took less than an hour for them to make the move!

Well, marathonfoto finally came through! We finally got all of our photos added into one library. So, that's the good part...

I purchased the download package, and instead of one large download, you have to click on each picture one by one to save them. Okay, so it's not the worst thing in the world. :) It's just inconvenient and takes a little time.

Final verdict: I'm glad I was finally able to get all the pictures I wanted. Let's hope they improve their process and website in the future.

For those of you who (like me) were holding out for a deal with marathon foto, I got an email this morning that you can buy 3 photo downloads for the price of 1. :cool1: It's listed under the single image download option. I don't have that many pictures that I actually want, so this is perfect!

For those of you who (like me) were holding out for a deal with marathon foto, I got an email this morning that you can buy 3 photo downloads for the price of 1. :cool1: It's listed under the single image download option. I don't have that many pictures that I actually want, so this is perfect!

Isn't it funny that they kept sending us deadline emails and yet here we are at the end of February and our photos are all still there and they're sending us deals? I wonder how long this will continue? Maybe in a few more months they'll be dirt cheap. lol

I have not gotten an e-mail :(

I haven't gotten an email either. I've gotten 2 wrong collages though. They keep messing up the order of the photos, even though I specifically said, "left to right," and emailed "left to right." They've screwed up so many things for me, it's funny now. No 5K photos, charged me the wrong price, the online order didn't go through so they had to call me to complete the order, and then printed the wrong collage. Twice. Bad, but comical, business! I have to call them yet again to hopefully get it right this time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter