Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

is there someplace to see a corral breakdown for 10k to get an idea where our bib numbers will place us? I use searched and can only find 1/2 and full.

@lovingeire - Congrats on the Hershey Half. Maybe next year, DW and I will run it as individuals (ran in 2015 as a relay team).

Final 13.1M run for me today. DW did 10.4M Back to back run days this weekend.

My plan: 10k at long slow distance pace, first 1/2 of the 1/2 at same pace, back 1/2 of the 1/2 turning it up, if I feel like it. I think I can better my Harrisburg Half time. I probably won't stop for characters, as stopping leads to psoas muscle tightness, which leads to physical therapy.

DW's plan: run the first 1/2 of the 10k, to create balloon lady space. Then walk most of the back half of the 10k. Half plan will depend on how she feels that day. Stopping for her also leads to stiffness, so likely no character photos here either. It will be her first ever 1/2 marathon. While she wants to finish, she wants to finish and feel good about her pace. She's not pushing in the 10k, to save her legs for the half.

As we stood outside with Max this morning, we talked about how much better the weather was this year for the Hershey Half than it was in 2015. My Garmin data had the HH at a wind chill of 32 last year. It was not comfy; especially after I finished and sat there soaked on the shuttle bus, and then waiting for DW to pass me in the parking lot on her way to the finish.

I'm curious how others pace 10K compared to half?
I am fairly competitive with myself when I run, this will be my first RD so all of my other 1/2s have been run for a specific time. In saying that, my 1/2 time has typically been double my 10K (+ a few minutes), I frequently run "negative splits" since I certainly built way more for endurance than speed ;)

I am fairly competitive with myself when I run, this will be my first RD so all of my other 1/2s have been run for a specific time. In saying that, my 1/2 time has typically been double my 10K (+ a few minutes), I frequently run "negative splits" since I certainly built way more for endurance than speed ;)
This is me too, I was trying to figure out to type it and this sums up how I run perfectly. My 10k and half times don't vary much as I speed up as I go.

Before that I was on a PR pace, but alas, I came in just over 3 hours. I had really wanted to be under 3.

Any idea what your bib number is? I was 24382 for the Dark Side and reading these posts, the bib numbers seem to be lower comparatively but my bib number went up to 2599x this time around. I'm wondering if they used Dark Side times (I was injured) instead of the proof of time I submitted.

For Star Wars Dark Side half marathon, bib 1800 was in corral D, so you can assume that for now.
Hopefully this is true! Guess we won't know for sure till we get that email... It's so hard to figure out with the challenge and half having different numbers!

I'm hoping my knee holds up for all this- having what I think is ITB pain from what I can tell. Too late now to do much about it. Doing 3-5 milers till my 10 miler max out on the 26th, then Wine and Dine here I come!!

Any idea what your bib number is? I was 24382 for the Dark Side and reading these posts, the bib numbers seem to be lower comparatively but my bib number went up to 2599x this time around. I'm wondering if they used Dark Side times (I was injured) instead of the proof of time I submitted.

My BFF has a bib number that is 4000 higher than Glass Slipper. I'm not sure what went wrong since she used the same POT for both races, but something definitely went wrong! IF they used her last Disney race, which was Tink, the bib number is still wrong since she ran sub 3. We'll see what happens.

Dark Side Challenge was my worst time for a half and I have my lowest Bib Number ever. Some days it just doesn't make sense!

I'm hoping my knee holds up for all this- having what I think is ITB pain from what I can tell. Too late now to do much about it. Doing 3-5 milers till my 10 miler max out on the 26th, then Wine and Dine here I come!!

Never too late! Throw a few ITB stretches and strength exercises in to your routine for the next few weeks just to help it get a bit stronger. Can only help. Foam roll too. My physio tells me anything that will stretch the ITB and help lengthen it will help with the pain. Plenty of good YouTube videos around to give you a 5-10 minute routine you can do.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but ... TrackShack handles timing and results for races, while Active handles Registration and PoT - the two entities do not cross each other at any point.

RunDisney will not seek out a time for you.

Is the corral breakdown online somewhere? From reading posts, it seems it must be but if so, I can't find the link. I found my waiver but would love to know what the number means. Sorry if I've missed this but I've looked . . . !

Is the corral breakdown online somewhere? From reading posts, it seems it must be but if so, I can't find the link. I found my waiver but would love to know what the number means. Sorry if I've missed this but I've looked . . . !

We are all guessing based off previous races. We won't know for sure until Disney posts something!

Hi everyone,

Super newbie here so I have a couple of questions... (I am doing the challenge)

I didn't submit a proof of time as I havn't competed in any runs, but my training pace is about 9 minutes per mile. I guess I will be in the last coral, but is there any way to be moved up without an official time?

If I am placed in the last coral, I imagine the first mile or so will be a slow jog/walk, just because of the sheer number of people starting. Is this correct?

The runDisney website says the runs start at 5.30 but to be on a bus no later than 4am. This seems SO early! What do most 'pros' here do? If I am in the last coral then i guess I won't be going over the start line for a long time after that?

Will my 'time' start at 5.30, or when I first go over the start line?

Will they put on a bus back to the yacht club from the Epcot parking lot?

By the time i registered, I could not order any merchandise as it was all sold out. What was offered and are the same items available at the Expo?

I think that's all I have for now!!

Thanks!

Last night I looked again using the + trick and saw some names I recognized, but not mine. I jokingly thought "maybe someone else will find me and let me know."

That's exactly what happened - I had a message waiting this morning from a friend who found my number, and she's the number right after mine. Thanks for doing the work for me, friend! :)

I looked for mine and came across friends' names. Thankfully I stopped, read the thread a little more and found myself.

My BFF has a bib number that is 4000 higher than Glass Slipper. I'm not sure what went wrong since she used the same POT for both races, but something definitely went wrong! IF they used her last Disney race, which was Tink, the bib number is still wrong since she ran sub 3. We'll see what happens.

They will use whatever race she entered. Your latest/best/any runDisney race time does not automatically transfer. Whatever the proof of time you wish to enter, must be entered by the participant.

Hi everyone,

I didn't submit a proof of time as I havn't competed in any runs, but my training pace is about 9 minutes per mile. I guess I will be in the last coral, but is there any way to be moved up without an official time?

If I am placed in the last coral, I imagine the first mile or so will be a slow jog/walk, just because of the sheer number of people starting. Is this correct?

The runDisney website says the runs start at 5.30 but to be on a bus no later than 4am. This seems SO early! What do most 'pros' here do? If I am in the last coral then i guess I won't be going over the start line for a long time after that?

By the time i registered, I could not order any merchandise as it was all sold out. What was offered and are the same items available at the Expo?

Thanks!

Welcome!
1) According to current runDisney policy and protocol, no you will not be able to move up without an official time.

2) Yes, there will probably be a bit of congestion if you start in the later corrals and have a pace faster than the runners you start with.

3) RunDisney wants you there super early. For Everything. This race is a bit trickier though, as they have to close roads that we start on almost immediately after the starting line. You will also need to factor in time to go through security, bag check (if you are checking a bag), the motor coach going from your hotel or the Epcot parking lot to Wide World of Sports, and whatever hike they make you trek to get from the drop off point to the security gate. It seems like a lot but it goes pretty smoothly. Even with the foul weather last year, it was handled pretty well where I was.

4) Your chip time will start when you cross the starting line. All the clocks on the course (including the start and finish line clocks) start when the first corral is released. So if you are in the last corral, don't be surprised if the time on the clock at Mile Marker 1 is over an hour. Your time is your start to your finish, which is what will be your official time. (And what you can use for corral placement in a future race if you so desire.)

5) There will be a motor coach from the finish area back to resorts. If Epcot is open and you have valid admission tickets, you can walk back yourself.

6) Most of what is offered online is usually sold at the expo. Ordering it online ensures that you get the commemorative race specific items. There is usually a supply available at the Disney shops at the expo, but sometimes, inaugural race merchandise (especially pins) sells out the first day or two. [Insert grumble about Paris' expo and the pins....]

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
If you don't submit a time they won't move you up just on a pace you say you can run. You may get lucky & be put in a different corral because it seems sometimes placement is random. But no time usually means last.

Start in the front of your corral so you have a clear path to start.

At some point they stop running buses so if it says last bus 4am you need to be on it. I think for 5:30 races I head to the buses at 3:30

Your net/chip time will start when you cross the start. That's your official time.

Yes there will be a Yacht club bus because otherwise you would have to have a ticket to go through epcot if walking back. Yacht club shares with the other resorts in that area too.

The pins offered are usually for sale at the expo. The jacket and the bundle items are not sold at the expo unless someone returns them then you may get lucky and find them I suppose. There are other jackets, shirts, & items for sale though that were not for preorder at all.

Thanks for your help!!

I ran 7 miles last night and this morning one of my knees is sore and feels bruised (doesn't look it!) Any ideas what I can do to reduce the pain and what I can do to make sure it doesn't happen in the future?

Thanks again!

And one more! for now!

What time do you think i could get back to the yacht club after the half, if I am in the last corral, complete it within 2 hours 30 minutes and need to take the coach back?

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter