Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Ugh this party ticket mailing business is making me anxious. My brother's extra ticket (he is only doing 10k) was purchased through the travel agent we got our bibs from, so I feel like it's even more difficult to fix if it doesn't show up. Who thought this was a good idea? Surely some people have already left to head to Disney super early.

Ugh this party ticket mailing business is making me anxious. My brother's extra ticket (he is only doing 10k) was purchased through the travel agent we got our bibs from, so I feel like it's even more difficult to fix if it doesn't show up. Who thought this was a good idea? Surely some people have already left to head to Disney super early.

Two years ago, I was already on southbound I-75 by this time. We would have been SOL.

My after-party (the one included with registration, not a separate purchase) arrived yesterday by mail. Hard ticket in a plain, white envelope. Looks like they shipped 10/25, so folks should be seeing them over the next few days.

My after-party (the one included with registration, not a separate purchase) arrived yesterday by mail. Hard ticket in a plain, white envelope. Looks like they shipped 10/25, so folks should be seeing them over the next few days.

Wow. 10/25 is, IMO, much too late to be sending tickets for this event by mail. These should have been sent out at the beginning of the month--people who purchased party tickets got theirs earlier. What's the rationale for them holding the runners' tickets so long? Hopefully mine will arrive by next Tuesday, but we very easily could have been planning a week-long vacation and been on our way by now.

Just to complicate things more.... I bought my bid, tickets etc thru a travel provider. My party ticket came in the mail yesterday, but my sons (non-runner) party ticket has to be picked up at the Expo.

Just to complicate things more.... I bought my bid, tickets etc thru a travel provider. My party ticket came in the mail yesterday, but my sons (non-runner) party ticket has to be picked up at the Expo.

Hmm ok I have one through a travel agent as well. Maybe that's how we are going to have to do it. I don't have any real proof that I bought it either other than it being a line item on my quote from the agent.

My ticket came today.

I wonder how long of a line there will be at Runner Relations for people who didn't receive the gift cards or tickets? Or how many runners will show up to Epcot for the party sans ticket because they didn't get theirs in time? Oh runDisney. :rolleyes2

I am still waiting. Hoping that I didn't delete it on accident. The last email ended up in my spam.

Still waiting here too. Didn't get the first email about the gc being sent but got the one earlier this week with all the info. No idea how it works or why we wouldn't have all gotten them the same day.

I got my sister's fiance's ticket yesterday {in my sister's name like his half marathon waver even though he has the registration confirmation email in his name so that should be fun}
according to my sister no email about the gift card

so as it stands I'm the only one 100% running {10K only}
sister is pending on if her boss will let her leave early Friday or they have emergency bib pick up Saturday AM
future brother in law is pending on when he goes to the expo Thursday or Friday night after his classes and can get things properly changed back to his name..
I asked my sister if she'd run the half if they couldn't change things for ****s and giggles and she said yes {even though she would have no training, be spending all day saturday in park and has knee issues..did I mention she gets married 2 weeks after the race?}

She also once more said how she thinks I'm over thinking it about being swept and she plans to walk the majority, wait for allot of characters and doesn't care if she's in the last corral....

I told her we'd start together then find a meeting place as I want to at least make it past the 5K mark before character lines/emergency pee breaks though I plan to have fun and take things and not be as serious about things as she thinks I plan to be

sorry for my rant...

My ticket came today.

I wonder how long of a line there will be at Runner Relations for people who didn't receive the gift cards or tickets? Or how many runners will show up to Epcot for the party sans ticket because they didn't get theirs in time? Oh runDisney. :rolleyes2
The ESPN map specifically says "Gift Card/Post Race Party ticket questions" under Welcome Center (C on the Map) so I think they'll be expecting people & questions but a long line would not be fun. To just show up at EPCOT without anything would be pretty silly as common sense would say you need something to prove you can get in but yeah I can see people doing that.

My mail isn't here yet....waiting....

My knee, like the whole area (back front sides) has been tweeked or something, & it's not from running. It kind of gives out when I standup, kind of makes my leg go numb. Really have no idea what it is, nerve pain?!?! I ran today and it didn't hurt really but felt off so didn't push it, hurts more to walk than run. It's just very very strange so hoping it just disappears asap.

When I bought my husband's ticket (he is not running) I had to put in his name when purchasing and possibly his birthday as well. I think I'll just have to eat the cost for his ticket.

Just wanted to mention that I bought my husband a ticket as well (he's not running) and linked it to him on MDE. There is a hyperlink under his name that says 'Reassign Ticket'. So it looks possible.

When I bought my husband's ticket (he is not running) I had to put in his name when purchasing and possibly his birthday as well. I think I'll just have to eat the cost for his ticket.

I got a ticket from someone who upgraded their registration to the challenge later and no longer needed their "spectator" party ticket. She sent over the numbers and I linked to my cousin no problem on MDE. She said she would meet me to give me the hard ticket too. It says "T1" at the end. So I am guessing they are tiered and spectator tickets are different from runners. I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet to check though! You should be able to do whatever you want with that ticket, since it is paid separately and park entrance does not require registration or ID. The ones tied to runners are more of a "complimentary" thing so they are probably tied to someone and say non-transferable. When I bought MVMCP tickets last year I think I just bought online and it didn't need a name, just asked me who I wanted to link to. Maybe you put in name and bday so he could pick it up without you?

I have 2 tickets that we won't be able to use if anyone wants to buy them for less than Disney seeks them for. We have to fly out at 1:30 that afternoon. Not missing any work.

I just bought a party ticket for my wife this morning, and i did not even have to sign up her name - it was only the dates of arrival/leaving (which doesn't matter since i live here), and the name was for the credit card and designated name of person picking it up (me) at Will Call. You could pick the option of shipping or picking it up in person. FYI - i received my runner's ticket in the mail yesterday.

My knee, like the whole area (back front sides) has been tweeked or something, & it's not from running. It kind of gives out when I standup, kind of makes my leg go numb. Really have no idea what it is, nerve pain?!?! I ran today and it didn't hurt really but felt off so didn't push it, hurts more to walk than run. It's just very very strange so hoping it just disappears asap.

Oh that does not sound pleasant. I had a randomly weak and painful knee a few weeks ago when I was on vacation (and NOT running). No idea what I did to it, but it bugged me for a few days and then just got better and hasn't bothered me since. The only thing I did for it was KT tape because I was doing a lot of standing and walking around and wanted to give it some support. Hopefully yours is a similar sort of transient injury.

Brother & I just got our tickets in the mail. That made my knee/leg feel better...well not really but I'm pretending it does :)
Good gosh 1 week and the 5k is already done....it takes so long to get here and then it'll be here so fast now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter