Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

HI everyone, I'm hoping to get in as well. I've never run a 1/2 , actually I only just completed my first race this year. I am very excited and need this new goal to push me forward. I love all the information and advice. I've booked a room based on last years host resorts, so hopefully they are similar. I look forward to keeping up with all of you as we anticipate the sign up :)

Count me in for the 5K! I'm currently 7-months pregnant, so this will be my first step back into running races after I've had the baby. The plan is to give my body 3 months off post-baby, then start retraining gently in July. That should give me plenty of time to get in shape for this race. I'm hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in January 2017 or the Princess 1/2 in February 2017 if all goes well.

My 3-year old just ran his first 100m dash in the Marathon Weekend Kids Races and absolutely loved it! So I'll be signing him up for the kids races too.

I'll be on maternity leave by the time registration comes around, so as long as the baby doesn't show up early and screw up my plans, I'll be sat at the computer at noon!

We've already got our room booked at Pop and I've bought my plane tickets. There are only two non stops a day between Seattle and MCO and the price on one has already gone up as it's filling up this far out. The half is the motivation for the trip and we both hope to get registered, but we're going for the week either way.

I have a 10k time I'm good with from last month, but have a 12k in April that I will use if it's better. Also a couple of fun races in July and August though not long enough for time. Just anxiously awaiting March 15.

So do a lot of people book their hotels and such before even registering? Just trying to figure out the timing here…

Also, and this may be a weird question…are bags allowed on the course (e.g., a fanny pack or backpack)?

Thanks!

So do a lot of people book their hotels and such before even registering? Just trying to figure out the timing here…

Also, and this may be a weird question…are bags allowed on the course (e.g., a fanny pack or backpack)?

Thanks!

We're doing a room only and wanted to get it booked now so we knew what the cost would be since we are going regardless. I think it depends on the individual and where/how you are booking (on site, off site, renting dvc etc).

Considering the half, but would settle for the 5k if I can't get in. This would be my first half and first Disney race, but have ran 5k races in the past. This would potentially be the beginning of a family vacation for us. Would I book a "special" Run Disney package and then a separate package for the remainder of my stay? Are the deals they promote really that good of deals?

Does anyone have any strong recommendation of which resort to stay in for the W&D weekend?

For 2015 I was originally booked into Poly, but then wanted to add some extra days at the last minute and Poly was fully booked so I switched to Grand Floridan (never stayed there before). It wasn't a host resort, but it was an easy walk from there to Poly, which was. In fact that kinda worked well at the end of the night (morning?) after sitting on the bus for a while just to keep the legs loose.

I do think though there are big benefits to staying near Epcot though (including for your friends and family cheering you on as it is a good spectator spot). I've done Yacht and bach club before, so I have gone with Boardwalk for W&D 2016 :)

Hi guys! :wave2: Count me in for Wine and Dine 2016!

I'm hoping that DL Paris having a brand new fall race will take some of the pressure off of WD registration- we shall see! Anyone here doing both? (Not I- don't think I'll be making the leap across the pond for quite a while for that race!)

My husband & I are planning on doing the Wine & Dine Half this year! We've never done a Disney race and it's always been a dream of mine. I'm so excited! How many days before hand do you suggest arriving? I'm thinking we definitely want to do the marathon at the beginning of the trip... so the day before?

Has anyone signed up for a race early with the AP website? Just wondering how to do it if the website never works?

Not sure what you mean by the site never works, but the link to the registration site generally doesn't go live until registration starts. I used it to register for the SW Dark Side race with no problems. You might want to try it with different browsers to see if that makes a difference.

Not sure what you mean by the site never works, but the link to the registration site generally doesn't go live until registration starts. I used it to register for the SW Dark Side race with no problems. You might want to try it with different browsers to see if that makes a difference.
The annual pass holder benefits website never comes up it just sits at a blank screen I thought you had to go through it to get the early registration, I'm just paranoid and want to be prepared since it's the last race for me to get c2c in 2016.

The annual pass holder benefits website never comes up it just sits at a blank screen I thought you had to go through it to get the early registration, I'm just paranoid and want to be prepared since it's the last race for me to get c2c in 2016.

I'll have to check it out when I have computer access (other than phone in the airport). As an insurance policy, you might want to get in touch with a couple of the travel agents that offer bib packages and get on their waiting lists. There's no obligation so if you don't need them, no big deal. If you do, you might end up paying a few $$ more for a package but it might be better than missing your C2C opportunity!

I'll have to check it out when I have computer access (other than phone in the airport). As an insurance policy, you might want to get in touch with a couple of the travel agents that offer bib packages and get on their waiting lists. There's no obligation so if you don't need them, no big deal. If you do, you might end up paying a few $$ more for a package but it might be better than missing your C2C opportunity!
Thanks for the tip I didn't realize they had waiting lists!

Hi guys! :wave2: Count me in for Wine and Dine 2016!

I'm hoping that DL Paris having a brand new fall race will take some of the pressure off of WD registration- we shall see! Anyone here doing both? (Not I- don't think I'll be making the leap across the pond for quite a while for that race!)

I'm planning on both. Assuming I survive IMFL the week before, that is.

For 2015 I was originally booked into Poly, but then wanted to add some extra days at the last minute and Poly was fully booked so I switched to Grand Floridan (never stayed there before). It wasn't a host resort, but it was an easy walk from there to Poly, which was. In fact that kinda worked well at the end of the night (morning?) after sitting on the bus for a while just to keep the legs loose.

I do think though there are big benefits to staying near Epcot though (including for your friends and family cheering you on as it is a good spectator spot). I've done Yacht and bach club before, so I have gone with Boardwalk for W&D 2016 :)

How would I find out which are the host resorts?

For those that did or are booking resorts now or at least prior to registration, do you just guess on which will be host resorts based on last year? From what I can tell, if staying on property it makes sense to pick a host resort bc they offer race specific buses, is that correct? Also, for registration day itself...is the mad scramble to get the 1/2 m registered for but other things like the 1 mile kids race and spectator finish line party are a little less hectic?

Last edited:
My husband & I are planning on doing the Wine & Dine Half this year! We've never done a Disney race and it's always been a dream of mine. I'm so excited! How many days before hand do you suggest arriving? I'm thinking we definitely want to do the marathon at the beginning of the trip... so the day before?

Last year the race was right in the middle of my trip I got there on a Wednesday and left on a Wednesday. I enjoyed my days post race a lot more because I wasn't worried about saving my legs, hydrating, or fueling. I just kind of let go a little bit after and enjoyed the parks more.

For those that did or are booking resorts now or at least prior to registration, do you just guess on which will be host resorts based on last year? From what I can tell, if staying on property it makes sense to pick a host resort bc they offer race specific buses, is that correct? Also, for registration day itself...is the mad scramble to get the 1/2 m registered for but other things like the 1 mile kids race and spectator finish line party are a little less hectic?
hectic?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if they'll all be host resorts because Princess and Dark Side have every resort as hosts. You can always swap your reservation. I'd say the values, POR and FQ are safe bets though. The finish line party took awhile to fill up, I don't remember about the kids race though.

Hopefully once I know that I am registered for the 1/2, I'll still be able to get the kids registered for the 1 mile!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter