Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Okay, that brings me to another question. You actually carry a water bottle on the run? I haven't done more than a 10K before and just took drinks where they had them. Is this necessary? How often do they have them in the Disney halfs? Thanks!
We do. I like being able to drink whenever we want. We refill bottles if necessary at the water stops. I have neck issues that get aggravated if I hold anything while running. I've been using this belt since I started running: http://www.amazon.com/Amphipod-RunL...qid=1463591253&sr=8-18&keywords=Amphipod+belt

They also have new styles now. I love it... pouch also holds chews and my phone. :)

For anyone flying Southwest, flights are now available through Jan. 4th.

I just booked my flight home, which isn't all that exciting, since yesterday I only had a flight TO Orlando. But the price was great, and I had more than enough points.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Southwest opened their booking window through January. I guess I better decide if I am going to tack on another night and stay for the after party or just go home Sunday night.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Southwest opened their booking window through January. I guess I better decide if I am going to tack on another night and stay for the after party or just go home Sunday night.

Yay!! Thanks for the heads up. Just booked my flight home. :)

We had to change our resort so we are now staying at all star sports. We are coming in the week before the race. I need to get a long run in on Sunday. I think like 6ish miles. Looking at the map, it looks like all the all star resorts are close together. Would I be able to run the perimeter of all 3 resorts to get some extra mileage in? We have not stayed at any of the all star resorts yet.

Thanks for the heads up on Southwest need to get the return trip booked. Think I'll hold off and hope it lowers some.

We had to change our resort so we are now staying at all star sports. We are coming in the week before the race. I need to get a long run in on Sunday. I think like 6ish miles. Looking at the map, it looks like all the all star resorts are close together. Would I be able to run the perimeter of all 3 resorts to get some extra mileage in? We have not stayed at any of the all star resorts yet.
You can run all around the All-Stars & along the sidewalk out front by the road, we saw lots running around in Jan. They have on the map specifically the sidewalk along the front of the All-Stars, as the running path as well. Saw people also go past All-Stars to the McDonald's to turn around at. We'll be at Sports again too for wine & dine.

Yep! I've done it. You can also cruise in and out of each All Star to gain some distance and see all the statuary.

Thanks to all who posted about SWA opening today. I had been tracking when they said they'd open the next block, and as recently as 2 weeks ago, it was to open June 2nd. Had a countdown timer for it going on my phone, even.
Was able to get non-stop coming home at a decent price.

I've now got my resort and flights booked for this weekend. Planning for a Thursday night arrival (flight scheduled at 6:55, landing at 10:50) and Sunday night departure (7:55 pm) at this point. Really hoping to be able to swing a Monday departure so I can go to the after party, but it would involve asking for an unpaid day off of work, which I did last year for W&D as well. So I don't know if I have the courage to ask again.

More great advice above. I will add on with the fueling that it's all up to what you choose to do. I have read everything from jelly beans (sport or normal) and pretzels to gu and clif bars. Personally I use the starburst mini's because they are small, I like them and they have some sodium in them. Knowing myself, I know that gu won't work, clif bars I don't like and pretty much most of what I would find in a running store is not something I will want to taste or eat, whether it's the texture or the flavor. There are many options and you'll find from research what they all are.

The whole electrolyte thing I haven't worked out yet. I've done up to 8 miles without one, though I do often get a hot chocolate after I'm done running. I don't like sports drinks and I don't know that Smart Water will work well enough. I will say that I mostly drink water and often there's very little yellow, which is as far as I want to comment though I know runners will understand :) I have found a tasteless electrolyte drops that I can get and may try.

I can't do sports drinks like gatorade b/c I start to swell & can't stand the sickly sweet taste. Started using an exercise hydration drink from skratch labs. It's all natural and not super sweet. I am the same way with gu or chomps. Can't do the texture thing. I will have to try the Starburst minis. I've used regular size Starburst. Minis might be easier to carry.

I also got my return flight booked on Thursday. I'm staying Wed - Mon, and I'm also at All Star Sports.

As for fuel, I use GU (Salted Caramel is my favorite, I find that some of the flavors don't settle as well). I usually run with a hand held water bottle with a squirt of Mio Fit for electrolites.

I didn't bring my water bottle to Disney for SW though, I decided just to use the water stops. There are tons on the course. I also treat the Disney runs as more of a fun run than a timed run so slowing down for the water stops isn't a problem for me.

Just wanted to let anyone local (or close enough to drive) know that they had a TON of RunDisney wicking-type shirts at the Character Warehouse (Disney official outlet) at Vineland Premium Outlets yesterday. I got an orange one, a white one, and a grey one all with just a standard logo (not race specific), some long sleeve ones, Star Wars ones, and a couple different Inside Out themed ones. All were $8.99 for women's or $9.99 for unisex. Actually seemed to have a variety of sizes (got women's L and XL for me and men's XL and XXL for DH) as opposed to the all S or XS they seem to normally have there.
I also eyeballed some princess magnets I didn't see what year (I'd assume from '15) or price
Personally picked up the Disgust wicked shirt

This is our first run Disney experience.
Does anyone know the hours for packet pickup at the expo? My family and I are doing the 5k on Friday and the 1/2 on Sunday. We plan on flying in Thursday but we need to know when to fly so we can get in early enough to pickup our packets for Friday. It's tough to plan with no info.
Thanks!

Does anyone know the hours for packet pickup at the expo? My family and I are doing the 5k on Friday and the 1/2 on Sunday. We plan on flying in Thursday but we need to know when to fly so we can get in early enough to pickup our packets for Friday. It's tough to plan with no info.
Thanks!
The expos are typically open until about 7:00 (maybe 8) the first 2 days.

Any Hope....

Is there any way to still register? I know I'm way late in the game. I was trying to look into the travel providers, but I just need a race entry. We normally book a room through DVC. Im ok buying a one day park ticket if needed. :worship:

Thanks!

Since W&D has added the 10k & the Challenge, it's very possible they will have the same Health & Fitness Expo hours as they had at the Princess Half. The hours for Princess were:

Thursday: 10 am-8pm
Friday: 9:00 am-7 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm

With the W&D 5k being Friday now, I'm just assuming we can expect this same schedule.

Since W&D has added the 10k & the Challenge, it's very possible they will have the same Health & Fitness Expo hours as they had at the Princess Half. The hours for Princess were:

Thursday: 10 am-8pm
Friday: 9:00 am-7 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm

With the W&D 5k being Friday now, I'm just assuming we can expect this same schedule.

Thank you! I hope you're right because that schedule would be perfect.

Decides to run at the gym today because the weatherman couldn't say whether it would rain or not, thanks seattle. Ran 4 miles in a steady rain last week and am not in the mood this week. Realized on the way here I forgot my fuel, got here and oh no ipod it's with my outside run stuff, its Florida warm and muggy in the gym cause the workers get cold, but I will do 6 miles. Surfing the dis on my walk intervals to pass the time faster

I saw an ad in us weekly yesterday, propel by Gatorade has a flavorless electrolyte water. I'm excited to find it and try tin

4 miles to go :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter