Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I wouldn't be surprised if RunDisney uses the cheapest email service available lol. We talk about this all the time at work since we send out a newsletter, and you have to pay a lot more to have your email blasts sent to everyone at once. Depending on the service you use, it can take up to several days for everyone to receive their email.
You have to be right - just got my email. :)

Just checked my email again for today and the gift card email is there from Disney Gift Card Services (not even in spam)
Me too!!

I wouldn't be surprised if RunDisney uses the cheapest email service available lol. We talk about this all the time at work since we send out a newsletter, and you have to pay a lot more to have your email blasts sent to everyone at once. Depending on the service you use, it can take up to several days for everyone to receive their email.
True - I do bulk emails for work using Constant Contact and they take hours to reach all of our subscribers. And our list is probably less than 1/4 of rD's.

Nothing here, and Lumiere with last name B.

Off to check the spam folders.

Did sign on to Active.com just now, to see if anything was there. I didn't find anything.

Just got my email, but it had a wrong name on it...I sure hope my registration isn't messed up! Last name starting with H & running the 1/2; signed up through a charity.

I think we can agree that last name/event isn't how they are going about this. :confused3

Perhaps they are doing them slightly differently if it includes a unique bar code. It may take longer to integrate the database. Especially if they are doing it manually. <EEK>:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::scared::scared::scared:

Just got my email, but it had a wrong name on it...I sure hope my registration isn't messed up! Last name starting with H & running the 1/2; signed up through a charity.
I just read on Facebook that messing up the names is a common thing..."seems to be a database issue, its not a registration problem. Name on your bib will be okay." How this person knows all of this, I have no idea. My name was correct..??
Perhaps they are doing them slightly differently if it includes a unique bar code. It may take longer to integrate the database. Especially if they are doing it manually. <EEK>:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::scared::scared::scared:
See above post! They're making a mistake at some point...you could be on to something.

I'd prefer them sticking to what they used to do, giving us a physical giftcard at packet pick-up...but whatever!

I'm just hoping it isn't like the Hershey Half 2015: I never got the event guide at all. DW got it in her email, but mine... nothing... ever

Just looked on main email server, and nothing there. But I did get a chance to clean things up a bit.

Email received yesterday at noon PST. Lumiere Challenge and last name starts with "W" - initially thought that they started at end of alphabet but seems random based on everyone's post and receipt of email

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter