Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I hope I make it to AK in time to see the sunrise! I'll be cutting it close though with the earlier sunrise due to Daylight Saving Time (6:42 am on the 6th) and a middle of the pack start probably around 6:00.

I've seen comments before about the recycling plant (perhaps from one of your Marathon reports!). I understand it smells, but how long does it typically last for? I hope it's not noticeable from really far away in either direction.
Not very long, no more than a few minutes.
While a lap around WS would have been awesome during the half, I still keep thinking that while we all have these ideas, it maybe just didn't add up with what roads are available. We'll never know for sure, but I'm not going to stress or spend time being disappointed about it. As I have said earlier, I'm just glad to be going back, looking forward to doing the 10K as well, and just want to be able to do a complete half marathon this time.
I think they could have made it happen...maybe they didn't want the race going on in WS with Norway opening early for the Frozen craziness. But I'm still disappointed and think they could have done a little better.

Not the last corral -- yay! (we're walkers without a POT, so that was definitely some happy news)

Thanks, everyone, for all of the information...have gotten NO emails from Disney, so glad everything is happening here.

Not the last corral -- yay! (we're walkers without a POT, so that was definitely some happy news).

Somewhat same here! Slow runner & past few weeks training has been less than optimal. I'm quite happy to not be in the last corral...the more distance I get between myself & those dreaded pacers the better, lol!

I'm sorry that I can't figure this out. I'm running the 10k and I don't see how to tell what corral... can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm sorry that I can't figure this out. I'm running the 10k and I don't see how to tell what corral... can someone point me in the right direction?
They don't release the 10K corrals ahead of time anymore. For the 5K and 10K, you just find out when you pick up your bib at the expo - the letter will be printed on your bib.

They don't release the 10K corrals ahead of time anymore. For the 5K and 10K, you just find out when you pick up your bib at the expo - the letter will be printed on your bib.
Thank you! I didn't see anything and thought I was missing something! Makes me feel better :)

I mis-read my bid - it's actually 262##....So not last..just next to last corral. Still not what I was expecting but better than I thought yesterday.

Thinking I should re-evaluate my plans...I was going to take the half easy but now I'm not sure I can afford to???

Should I expect my 10k corral placement to be relatively the same or somewhat better?

TIA

I used a proof of time for this years W&D that was 19 minutes faster than my proof of time submitted for last years race and I'm in the exact same corral for both years! :rolleyes:

My proof of time missed the cut off for the earlier corral by mere seconds...

For those that haven't spotted it as yet - courses, event guides and corrals are all live on the runDisney website.

anyone wanta take a guess on how they will combine the numbers for the 10K, seeming as there are only 5 corals, and the numbers go from 30000=37000 I'm guessing, and the challenge numbers are split between A-L, hope this makes sense, just trying to play the guessing came for the 10K

Sorry if I missed this, but is there an easy way to see your bib number now that it's live rather than the back door approach? This is our first longer RunDisney race so totally new to this.

9 m/m, eh?... You have no idea. :D

Edit: But let me say, do be careful as you weave in and out of the crowd. I'm not going to say not to do that altogether, because it is inevitable. (You'll be passing people from most of the corrals in front of you as well.) It will get frustrating. A lot of runners out there don't know not to walk on the farthest left possible, so just remember to say 'excuse me' and 'on your left' in the most cheerful Disney-like voice you have, stay patient, and have fun!

I'm in the last corral.... my own fault! o_Oo_Oo_O

My husband and I wound up in different corrals - I'm one of the last numbers in J and he's one of the first numbers in K (neither of us submitted a proof of time). I'm sure they won't let him join me in J but will they let me start further back in K so I can run with him?

My husband and I wound up in different corrals - I'm one of the last numbers in J and he's one of the first numbers in K (neither of us submitted a proof of time). I'm sure they won't let him join me in J but will they let me start further back in K so I can run with him?

Yup - anyone can move back a corral, you just can't move forward.

Sorry if I missed this, but is there an easy way to see your bib number now that it's live rather than the back door approach? This is our first longer RunDisney race so totally new to this.
There's a link to waivers under the Runner Info tab in the Wine & Dine section at runDisney.com. :)

After a quick read through (actually more than I normally read the event guide) I didn't notice anything markedly different or new from years past. Which is a good thing, IMO.

As expected, the spectator viewing areas are "Limited" at WWoS and the Epcot parking lot. I still think with a little bit of perseverance and planning, someone could come and see you around mile 8.3 (back of the MK parking lot) and then grab a monorail and see you at Epcot or the finish. That is, assuming you are like me and more of a tortoise than a hare. (Slow and steady still crosses the line and earns the bling!)

Corral C for me!

So based on my quick read-through of the event guide, I should be expecting an email with my gift card (although I didn't get the email last week) and the party ticket in the mail. Seems like this is all more complicated and error-prone than it needs to be given that we all already have to go to the expo and pick several things up. Wouldn't it be easier to just get everything then? :confused3

Corral C for me!

So based on my quick read-through of the event guide, I should be expecting an email with my gift card (although I didn't get the email last week) and the party ticket in the mail. Seems like this is all more complicated and error-prone than it needs to be given that we all already have to go to the expo and pick several things up. Wouldn't it be easier to just get everything then? :confused3
My thoughts too, why not just give them to us with our bib? Are they afraid people will steal or get more than 1 if handed out at the expo. So it's mail stalking for the ticket and emailing stalking next week for the giftcard!

anyone wanta take a guess on how they will combine the numbers for the 10K, seeming as there are only 5 corals, and the numbers go from 30000=37000 I'm guessing, and the challenge numbers are split between A-L, hope this makes sense, just trying to play the guessing came for the 10K
You could search past WDW challenge races (Darkside would be closest to compare) and see what bibs people have posted online to get a rough idea maybe.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter