• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

It seems intrusive. I'm not a shy person in the least, but I worry what the other person may think. Next time I'll introduce myself for sure!! :)
I know what you mean - for me it's a different issue. I AM shy "in real life" so it's hard for me to strike up a conversation with someone I'm just meeting for the first time, even if I have "known" them online for awhile. :) But yeah, totally say hi!!

Too funny! I was behind you at one point during both. :) I noticed the first shirt and remembered someone here mentioned that. I'm sorry I couldn't remember who. Then when I saw Tapestry, I thought the same thing...then I realized I think it's the same person, LOL! We must have been close for most of the 1/2 as I started in D too and finished in 2:03 (I also stopped in AK). :)
How funny! Yep pretty close in the half it sounds like, probably near each other the whole race!

Had a cheering section with me but ran the half solo, and smashed a PR on the course. That included a few stops for photos and a stretch break. The 3rd uphill to cross the bridge into EPCOT is where I started feeling the legs go. My wife even mentioned that I looked so much better crossing the finish this time than the others. I felt good too.

Ran the 10K with our son, it was his first race. I was more interested in photos and keeping close to him. Once I realized no PR was going to happen, I slowed way down.

I run most races solo. I'm shy by nature but usually strike up conversation in the corral and I try to give encouragement while on the course. I've had major health issues and talking to others is inspirational. The wide range of participants in these races is amazing.

Does anyone else have that 'post holiday lull' feeling? I do. Bigtime. It was my first half and my first runD and after that build and training now its done and I'm at work thinking "geez what do I do with myself now"? Is that when you all sign up for the next one??? :)
Yes big time! I have Darkside already booked so yeah having another one already in the works helps some!

If the 10 were still open for dark side I'd book that (local so can't justify looking into a TA) leaning toward doing Wine and Dine again next year and/or Princess in 18 which I'm sure will be a madhouse since it's an anniversary year

Does anyone else have that 'post holiday lull' feeling? I do. Bigtime. It was my first half and my first runD and after that build and training now its done and I'm at work thinking "geez what do I do with myself now"? Is that when you all sign up for the next one??? :)

Yeah. I need to get back out running tomorrow morning. I wanted to get back into my regular routine starting on Wednesday, but just wasn't feeling it. I've been sluggish, headachey and "down" all week.

Yes big time! I have Darkside already booked so yeah having another one already in the works helps some!

Is the half course for the Dark Side Half (and 10K) the same as W&D weekend? Does anyone have info regarding last year's courses in hope that they're remaining the same. I'd even love to sign my kids up to do the 5k. I think they'd REALLY love it!

Yeah. I need to get back out running tomorrow morning. I wanted to get back into my regular routine starting on Wednesday, but just wasn't feeling it. I've been sluggish, headachey and "down" all week.

Me too. That's what I was afraid. I only started running again (after yeeeeeeeeears of not running) in order to train for the W&D half. And my hope was that it would ingrain a running routine in me that I'd keep training even if I wasn't training for something specific....just for the health benefit. But it's been almost a week already since the half and I've definitely not got back to it yet! :\

Is the half course for the Dark Side Half (and 10K) the same as W&D weekend? Does anyone have info regarding last year's courses in hope that they're remaining the same. I'd even love to sign my kids up to do the 5k. I think they'd REALLY love it!
They're changing the Star Wars course for 2017. No one knows exactly what it is yet.

Neither course for the Wine and Dine was close to what they were for Star Wars.
Both Star Wars races started at Epcot and ended at WWOS.
Both ran through the Boardwalk area and through DHS.
The 10K made a left onto Osceola and into WWOS, the half made a right and went to/through AK, including around the entire, empty parking lot.

The Star Wars courses had a bit more scenery but less characters/entertainment on route. They also were too narrow early on before traffic could clear out. There were parts of the 10K where we were completely stopped during the race due to extreme backups. I liked the Wine and Dine routes better, with the exception of the 3 late overpasses....and the sewer plant.

They're changing the Star Wars course for 2017. No one knows exactly what it is yet.
Oh boy ! I picked a great time to start getting into these races, didn't I!?! :)

ETA: Are they set with the dates and times posted for the Star Wars races though even though the courses are an unknown? IOW: Safe to make hotel ressies or book flights based on the times/dates you think?

I have a Turkey Trot and then a 10k in Cape Coral with the Best Damn Race series. It isn't Disney, but if you're in Florida or New Orleans, BDR races are very well organized, cheap (I paid $3 for this entry), and there's free beers and lunch at the end!

Oh boy ! I picked a great time to start getting into these races, didn't I!?! :)

ETA: Are they set with the dates and times posted for the Star Wars races though even though the courses are an unknown? IOW: Safe to make hotel ressies or book flights based on the times/dates you think?

ETA AGAIN: Is there a thread for the 2017 Star War weekend? I didn't see one but there must be....... :confused3

ETA AGAIN: Is there a thread for the 2017 Star War weekend? I didn't see one but there must be....... :confused3
Yes It says "Dark Side" and is near the top as I just posted to it http://disboards.com/threads/official-star-wars-half-marathon-weekend-the-dark-side-2017.3516187/.

Courses will be new in 2017 with the 10k & half starting on Floridian Way and ending at EPCOT. Dates are set as registrations are already happening. It will only be the 2nd year of Darkside too.

Last edited:
Some Wine & Dine B roll videos are here http://disneysportsnews.com/videos/ I'm at the start of the Walter Beckman one for corral A in the 10k going off & in the other one I'm at 4:17 finishing in the inside with teal top & grey skirt. Pretty cool to find myself. Maybe some of you all are in there too!

Last edited:

You're probably safe. And FYI - they've been releasing the course maps later and later, it seems. You very well may not see it until mid-March.

Completely! After a year of training from being a non-runner, first with the C25k, then the C210k, then the galloway half marathon program... I always had a goal and specific training every week... and now, this is me...

200_s.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter