• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

We get to make our FP+ reservations this Sunday morning. Hoping to get a pair of FoP FP+ for 11/3. Can someone whose window had already started check and let me know what that day is looking like?

We get to make our FP+ reservations this Sunday morning. Hoping to get a pair of FoP FP+ for 11/3. Can someone whose window had already started check and let me know what that day is looking like?

None available for 11/3

Yay, got all my FP this morning! Check-in 10/31, and was able to get the 1 FoP I needed on 11/7, only 10 minutes past the time I estimated. Good luck to everyone else!

Awesome.
I got all but Frozen (they had them just not in the morning) for 11/1 so I'll keep trying. We can rope drop it though so I'm not worried.
Got mine train twice since I know kiddo will want to re-ride.
Didn't try for pandora. We will eat there one evening and standby river journey.
I think I did ok :)

None available for 11/3

:( Still more than 60 days away and there all gone. I wish they would only make the Tier 1 FPs available at exaclty 60 days out, rather than letting those that check-in the week before take them all a week before we even get a chance. :(

We were going to rope-drop it anyway, but really wanted to be able to ride it twice. Maybe we will, but not sure I want to wait 4 hours for it.

:( Still more than 60 days away and there all gone. I wish they would only make the Tier 1 FPs available at exaclty 60 days out, rather than letting those that check-in the week before take them all a week before we even get a chance. :(

We were going to rope-drop it anyway, but really wanted to be able to ride it twice. Maybe we will, but not sure I want to wait 4 hours for it.

I get where you are coming from. We are only doing 3 day tickets because trying for a more relaxed vacay this time. So I knew going in I'd likely have no shot at the super headliners at good times for the reason you stated above. Especially since our vacay starts on Tues and so all those Mon full weekers got a jump ahead of us.
So I was FLOORED that mine train was so available. But I guess FOP has taken over as the "must have"
My guess is Disney doesn't mind this problem. If it makes a family like mine who has been doing 3-4 day park tickets start to contemplate 7 day tickets in the future just to see the new in demand stuff...then that is advantage to disney.
I'm crossing all my toes for you that a FOP pops up for you between now and your trip!

Our FP window opened on Wednesday, DW did it for our last visit but was my turn this time, bloody hell it's like a massive jigsaw! We're hitting Epcot one morning at Rope Drop, got a FP for Frozen in the afternoon but really keen for Soarin' and Test Track too. Should we be able to get straight on these without too much wait straight from opening?

Also, does anyone know what time the Expo will open open on the Thursday? Both myself and DW love a good expo but we'll have Jnr (9) in tow with us and I'm not willing to drag her through the cattle market for an hour. So we were thinking we'd park down with a book and coffee in the Grill at WWOS and take it in turns to pick up our bibs and have a quick look at merchandise? Is this feasible? And if so, how long should we expect to be there in total?

Regarding Fastpasses and finish times, how early do you book Fastpasses that you actually want to keep after the 10k?

I figure 5:30AM + corral + run + pictures + medal + snack bring most to around 7:30AM-8AM. Then either walk to Epcot or bus somewhere else... Up to one hour? That means that even the first Fastpasses of the day (returns between 9AM and 10AM) should be feasible?

Our FP window opened on Wednesday, DW did it for our last visit but was my turn this time, bloody hell it's like a massive jigsaw! We're hitting Epcot one morning at Rope Drop, got a FP for Frozen in the afternoon but really keen for Soarin' and Test Track too. Should we be able to get straight on these without too much wait straight from opening?

Also, does anyone know what time the Expo will open open on the Thursday? Both myself and DW love a good expo but we'll have Jnr (9) in tow with us and I'm not willing to drag her through the cattle market for an hour. So we were thinking we'd park down with a book and coffee in the Grill at WWOS and take it in turns to pick up our bibs and have a quick look at merchandise? Is this feasible? And if so, how long should we expect to be there in total?

I've done Soarin' at Rope Drop and it was pretty much walk on. I didn't try to head over to Test Track afterwards, but you could do one right after the other.

Expo normally opens at 10. Lines will form an hour or more ahead of time. The only thing if you're sitting in the grill is that you may have to wait in line twice essentially to be able to get in to the expo so you could actually double your time at the expo. This kind of depends on when you arrive though.

Regarding Fastpasses and finish times, how early do you book Fastpasses that you actually want to keep after the 10k?

I figure 5:30AM + corral + run + pictures + medal + snack bring most to around 7:30AM-8AM. Then either walk to Epcot or bus somewhere else... Up to one hour? That means that even the first Fastpasses of the day (returns between 9AM and 10AM) should be feasible?

I normally book mine after lunch so I have time to stretch, roll, shower, get where I'm going, eat. But I'm not in a hurry to get to parks normally after the race. And I always nap after the half!

Anyone planning on staying at AK after the 5K to rope drop for FOP? I was not able to get a fastpass, but figured I would be there early enough to wait. I was in line at 7:45 AM for 9 AM opening in August with a lot of other people. I am thinking timing will be earlier, but I will get a good spot while waiting.

Anyone planning on staying at AK after the 5K to rope drop for FOP? I was not able to get a fastpass, but figured I would be there early enough to wait. I was in line at 7:45 AM for 9 AM opening in August with a lot of other people. I am thinking timing will be earlier, but I will get a good spot while waiting.
Ah, that just made me realized that the only day when I can attempt a rope drop is also the 5k morning... I am not running it though. I am wondering if I should just give up on FOP and River or attempt them Saturday night... Before going to bed for the Half... That would be my last chance though.

One FOP time in our window at 6pm Sunday night only doing 10k so no conflict with post race party but were locals and it's doubtful we will still be there that late Sunday but locked it down anyway....
Navi and ROL + Everest Thursday and depending when we get over post expo maybe we will attempt standby if it's a reasonable (90 min or less) wait on a Thursday afternoon
Epcot Friday ( got FEA)
Magic Kingdom post race Sat (got Mine Train)

Just FYI in case it's useful to anyone else...

Our FP window opened today for our Nov 2-6 trip. Earliest I could get was 60+5, Nov 6 at 1:45PM for 5 people. Didn't get anything better if I tried booking overlapping single FPs.

Set my alarm to get Fast Passes, glad I did and glad I booked to stay through Tuesday. Snagged 2:30 FOP fast passes for Monday... all other days were booked. Otherwise, besides not being able to book Soarin and Frozen, pretty happy with our passes. Good Luck to all in getting their passes.

On a side note, the bib bandit was caught after the 10K yesterday and arrested! Finally, she got what she deserved due to everyone sharing her pics. This chick was bold and continued to steal bibs over and over. Video is up on facebook at marathon investigators and on runDisney fans page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter