Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

FYI - it's no longer gels (or at least it wasn't at Disneyland Half two weeks ago) ... they were handing out multi-flavor packs of SportsBeans instead.
Wow thanks keels! I wonder if they will keep that going forward. Should be in the program book before we go tho at least. Haven't tried the sports beans but they sound much better to me than the gels.

Thanks for all the fun and useful answers.

@croach, you are right about not overthinking all this... Did I mention that I had trouble pacing myself? :rolleyes1 But it is part of dreaming, exchanging with other Disney runners and will probably make the experience more pleasant in the end. :grouphug:

The more I go, the less I want to carry so yes, phone and one pack of some kind of fuel will be ok. Phone is huge so, yes, I'll carry it in my hands for parts of the way... And now I know when (approaching the parks), thanks @roxymama!

I will take time to enjoy every breaks along the way, including gracefully stopping to drink and eat... And @Keels, Sportbeans sound so fun!

Wow thanks keels! I wonder if they will keep that going forward. Should be in the program book before we go tho at least. Haven't tried the sports beans but they sound much better to me than the gels.

Clif has pretty much been scrubbed from the site - for DLH, we only knew when we saw that the sponsor was now JellyBelly (maker of SportsBeans).

Also - for those chocolate milk lovers, NesQuik had a tent in the finishers area handing out cold chocolate milk after the half!

I will take time to enjoy every breaks along the way, including gracefully stopping to drink and eat... And @Keels, Sportbeans sound so fun!

They were my first fueling source and I love a chewable fuel, so I was thrilled to see the change from yucky gels. :D

Man, just when my habit of the Clif Mocha Gel is formed...

Dangit ... I'm sure they still have some extra boxes laying around maybe?

FYI - it's no longer gels (or at least it wasn't at Disneyland Half two weeks ago) ... they were handing out multi-flavor packs of SportsBeans instead.

This makes me excited! I do prefer my Honey Stinger chews, but I like SportsBeans so at least it's something I will use!

Also - for those chocolate milk lovers, NesQuik had a tent in the finishers area handing out cold chocolate milk after the half!

Thanks for this info. Will be interested to see if this carries through for W&D too. The bestie will be really excited about it if it does!

That's pretty cool. I like the Beans for the flavor and I find them easier to chew than blocks. They're good to just have something to eat when you get that brain fog going.

Thanks for all the fun and useful answers.

@croach, you are right about not overthinking all this... Did I mention that I had trouble pacing myself? :rolleyes1 But it is part of dreaming, exchanging with other Disney runners and will probably make the experience more pleasant in the end. :grouphug:

The more I go, the less I want to carry so yes, phone and one pack of some kind of fuel will be ok. Phone is huge so, yes, I'll carry it in my hands for parts of the way... And now I know when (approaching the parks), thanks @roxymama!

I think we all fall victim to the pacing issue at some point. :)

Anyone going to be there on Halloween or the party the day after and dressing up? I just ordered kiddo's halloween costume from disneystore because they had the one she's been eyeing on sale. (Elena of Avalor)
I'm thinking I want to be the blue "town" belle but I'm being wishy-washy. The last MNSSHP I went to I only wore a target halloween mickey t-shirt and felt a little left out.
Anyone else in the full on "what costume should I wear" for non-running as much as for running right now?

Today was the first day decent day to be outside instead of the treadmill but due to Irma debris and down lines I didn't want to risk it

Going to be there for the Halloween night party with my parents and Aunt. Not dressing up fully but have a raw threads evil queen shirt and some awesome ears to go with. Think my mom is doing a Disney bound Minnie Mouse dress. Then doing we have our first Disney 5k later that week

This is why I bring my own fuel. No way this is equivalent to a good gel FOR ME, fuel-wise.

Anyone going to be there on Halloween or the party the day after and dressing up? I just ordered kiddo's halloween costume from disneystore because they had the one she's been eyeing on sale. (Elena of Avalor)
I'm thinking I want to be the blue "town" belle but I'm being wishy-washy. The last MNSSHP I went to I only wore a target halloween mickey t-shirt and felt a little left out.
Anyone else in the full on "what costume should I wear" for non-running as much as for running right now?

I usually do Halloween at Epcot and either wear a funny Halloween shirt or Halloween leggings and that's it.

When I went to the Halloween party two years ago, I did a Disneybound version of Belle - blue dress, white cropped cardigan, hairbow.

This year, we've got late reservations at California Grill to correspond with Hallowishes so I'm trying to decide how I want to dress ... I'm thinking black dress and a cute Haunted Mansion-inspired headband/hat/fascinator.

I usually do Halloween at Epcot and either wear a funny Halloween shirt or Halloween leggings and that's it.

When I went to the Halloween party two years ago, I did a Disneybound version of Belle - blue dress, white cropped cardigan, hairbow.

This year, we've got late reservations at California Grill to correspond with Hallowishes so I'm trying to decide how I want to dress ... I'm thinking black dress and a cute Haunted Mansion-inspired headband/hat/fascinator.

Can I place my vote for the dress and fascinator situation? I love the idea of that.

Can I place my vote for the dress and fascinator situation? I love the idea of that.

This is the little fascinator I think I'm going to order off Etsy:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.36.24 PM.png

I have a cameo necklace that I'll wear too. I thought about making a little ruffle apron to wear in the green and black striped fabric but that may be TOO much ...

This is the little fascinator I think I'm going to order off Etsy:

View attachment 269340

I have a cameo necklace that I'll wear too. I thought about making a little ruffle apron to wear in the green and black striped fabric but that may be TOO much ...

Oh, love it!
I think if you'll be sitting down at Cali Grill than the apron isn't necessary. And now I've gone on etsy and there's some amazing madame leota cameo jewelry items.

Welp, I just went down the costume rabbit hole and bought this from hot topic in a "me-appropriate" size and now will wait for it to come in the mail and hope for the best. I had $15 off coupon to burn.
I know that I am a tall human so I reserve the right to wear this more as a long top with leggings than an actual dress :) NOTE: this is not for running. I'm wearing running clothes for the race.
11038493_hi

I fly in Oct. 31st staying off site BUT I have An AP, a car and am a princess so I may show up on property. Not doing party

Anyone having luck with FOP fast passes inside the 60 days? We couldn't get one on our first available day for either day we looked so we're checking every now and again but no luck. Just curious if there's a time when the system recycles or something or if anyone is having any luck since this group will be there around the same time. Thanks.

Anyone having luck with FOP fast passes inside the 60 days? We couldn't get one on our first available day for either day we looked so we're checking every now and again but no luck. Just curious if there's a time when the system recycles or something or if anyone is having any luck since this group will be there around the same time. Thanks.
local so only staying thu-sun was right on at 7am at 60 days and only FoP spot was 615-715pm Sunday

I haven't been aval to get one at all since 60 days onward.

I was ready at 7AM but people on this thread whose window had opened before mine had warned that there was none left. I have been regularly trying since then with no luck so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter